CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Just a Little Chat, Blues AND X
Blues
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 05:53 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

With a final wave to his smallest brother, he shut the door to the room behind them and began to walk. It was a temperate day today, not too hot and not too cold out on the streets. The sun felt nice on his metallic frame, but he knew that he didn't charge through solar energy anymore. Glancing to X, he pondered how to start. He knew his baby brother was more than a little overwhelmed by everything that happened. It was a lot to take in, so he stayed quiet for a moment before continuing on with what he'd wanted to say.

"... I've seen the way you look at Rock. He's not what you expected, is he?"

He didn't really require an answer, he knew. And while that wasn't the only thing he wanted to address, that was the most prominent due to how it affected X's perception of the middle brother.

"He was programmed with stricter limitations compared to the two of us. He and Roll are restricted to the mindset of a ten year old, or rather, Dr. Light's opinion of the ideal ten year old. Both of them were designed as housekeepers and assistants whereas I was designed to be a weapon... And you were outfitted with whatever Dr. Light thought you might need in the future since he didn't know what the world would be like when you were activated."

Blues looked down at the pavement and his pace slowed, "Realistically, his limitations and your extensive moral testing... that was probably my fault."

--------------------
user posted image
Team: user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 06:46 PM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Blues led the way, out of the hotel room and outside entirely. The sunlight was warm against their metal bodies, and X could already feel the energy filling up his tanks even more. He had to wonder what Blues wanted to talk about, but it didn’t take long for his eldest brother to bring up the topic – that of their middle brother, Rock. For a moment, X was amazed, but then he recalled that Blues seemed to be rather intelligent – far more than either of the Rockmen.

Then, his oldest brother began to explain. In that one moment, everything about Rock began to make sense. Where he could learn and adapt, Rock couldn’t. Rock couldn’t adapt, he was stuck in the mindset of a young child.

And still, the story was not over. Blues had looked down at the pavement and slowed down in their walk. X had almost passed completely by him, but had stopped himself and turned back, just as his eldest brother commented that Rock’s limitations and X’s own morality testing had likely been his…

… Fault?

“… I don’t know why you… blame yourself, but I don’t blame you. Rock seems pretty happy the way he is.” X sighed, and looked back the way they came, wondering how Zero was doing with all the Pokémon in one room, alongside an extremely playful Rockman. “In a way, I have you to thank for my morality. You paved the way for my very existence. For… For every Reploid, even if… Even if I’m too blame for the Mavericks.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 09:44 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

"He didn't want you three rebelling like I did." Blues said softly, a bitter smile coming to his face, "I guess in your terms... I'm the first Maverick as well."

There was a lengthy pause as he allowed that to sink in for X. "I may not seem like it now, but I used to fight against Rock. I hated him originally. Hated that I had been replaced." He began walking again, looking to the side, "Dr. Light had good reason to lock the files pertaining to me. I must have been somewhat of an embarrassment for him."

That was neither here nor there, really, just a justification for his estranged father. He didn't know why he even still cared. "And you know, if I'm not to blame for your limitations, then you aren't responsible for the Mavericks. It was my choice to run away and not trust Dr. Light just as much as it was your choice to allow other Reploids to be built without morality testing."

Blues looks slightly amused, and just mumbles softly, "Funny you got Zero to work, though. His creator couldn't even manage that."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 12:17 PM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X

X was quiet as Blues began to explain things a little more, trying to get him to see things the way he did. Truthfully, X still didn’t blame him, just as Blues didn’t see how he was to blame for Mavericks as well. He sighed, realizing that perhaps he might have to accept it. Blues blamed himself about the limitations of their brother, and for X’s morality testing, as much as X blamed his own oversight about the Reploids, leading to Mavericks.

Any and all thoughts about blame disappeared in an instant. Two phrases said by his eldest brother caused X to pause. Funny you got Zero to work, though. His creator couldn’t even manage that. Zero? What did…?

“Zero? He was my superior when I joined the Maverick Hunters. I had nothing to do with… I don’t understand…” X paused, finally stopping outright in their little walk. He needed to process this. “Do you know where Zero came from, then? If you’re making a comment like that…”

To X, it didn’t make much sense at all. Zero had told him he wasn’t sure who his creator was. But Blues… the way he worded that. It was clear. He knew. Perhaps it was true. Zero was just as old as X was.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 05:23 PM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

Blues paused, then stopped along with X, tilting his head a bit as he heard what X had to say about the matter. "Well, yes. He was finished in our time, though not active due to severe cognitive glitches..." Blues frowned a bit, thinking. He would understand Zero not telling X who made him to preserve their friendship, but for Zero not to know despite being active several times to attempt clearing the glitches... perhaps whatever overrode the glitches wiped that information from his memory somehow?

"I was keeping tabs on him since.. since he posed a threat to my- our brother." Blues knew that likely wasn't something X wanted to hear, but it was true. "His creator was Dr. Albert Wily. The one who is constantly out to destroy the city and trying to get revenge on Dr. Light. He built Zero to.. to be stronger than me, stronger than Rock. Any of the robots in our time, or really any robot ever, so that he could succeed in his plans..."

Blues sighs, "But in our time, every time he was active, he acted crazed, and was completely uncontrollable. He seems to be working just fine now, and without remembering his creator and purpose, he seems to have made himself into a much better person than he was intended to be." Blues closed his eyes behind his shades, then looked behind them, "It's probably better he doesn't remember..."

At least he wouldn't have the guilt of knowing he was intended to be his best friend's worst enemy. That was something he wouldn't wish on anyone, especially seeing how close they are to each other. He honestly did think they were a couple, even if they didn't realize it yet.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 04:35 PM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X

X was lost. Severely. This was a curveball, and he wasn’t entirely sure he liked it, but in the end, it really didn’t change anything.

It almost didn’t seem fair to Zero. He had never really known or remembered, who had made him, and for what purpose. In the end, he found his own way, his own path that he thought he could call his. For X to know all this – who made him, and why – he felt like he’d be keeping something from his best friend. And yet, he couldn’t deny that Blues had a point. This had the potential to tear Zero from the inside to pieces.

His friend already carried enough of a guilty conscience.

“I’m not entirely sure what to do with this information,” X admitted to his eldest brother. “… On one hand, it doesn’t answer anything. That Zero and the Zero I know… they’re very different. It’s like two different Zeros.” X sighed, and looked away, seeing a poster on the wall. It didn’t do its job as a distraction at all. “… This would only upset him if I tell him. But at the same time, it might do more harm if he finds out I know this.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 07:38 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

"... What does it matter what he was made for? He made his decision about who he is. His creator's intentions have no bearing on who he is now." Blues crossed his arms and looked at his baby brother, "I told you what he was intended for only to explain why I kept tabs on him in the first place, but if you notice, I left him unsupervised with our brother and our pokémon."

Blues turned forward and began walking slowly, "Zero clearly isn't what he was intended for, but... maybe that never was who he was? The cognitive glitches prevented him from ever harming anyone in our time, and now he's the friend Dr. Light would have wanted for you- and made by the person who used to be his friend. It's almost poetic. You said it yourself, they're two different people... And I doubt if you two are so close that he'll be too upset if he finds out you know."

That said, he really did want X to know just in case his programming kicked in and he became an issue. He hoped X would be able to fix it should that ever happen, because as someone who knew just how strong Zero was, he would be a very useful ally just as he would be a terrifying opponent.

He really hoped his trust in his little brother's judge of character wasn't misplaced.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 09:23 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X

“… I suppose it is insignificant.” X could agree with what Blues was saying. Zero clearly wasn’t the type of Reploid that this Dr. Wily had planned for.

It made him wonder. Was he what Dr. Light would have expected out of him? Was he the type of Reploid that their father wanted him to be? Was he serving the purpose that he was meant to, or was he deviating from it, just as Zero was?

Perhaps, like X’s opinion of Zero’s past, it was insignificant to the future he had ahead of him. Now they were together, all four of them, in this world created by an omniscient Goddess. They had opportunities now for things they wouldn’t have had before. X was meeting his older brothers. Zero had to wait for him, but now he was here alongside him.

And somewhere, out there, was X’s older sister as well.

“At least we’re all here, together. I have Zero, I have you, I have Rock, and Roll… And Zero has all of us as well. Who cares what we were all intended for? In this world, none of that matters.” Or, at least, that was what X believed for the time being. He was certain things could change, perhaps Mavericks will appear. But for now, he had no duties to attend to. Just Zero, and his brothers here.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 07:50 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

"We are who we are. No changing that now." Blues agrees, then brushes away the topic. It isn't important anymore, and he hadn't wanted to upset X by doing this. It was supposed to help not hurt. Way to go, Blues. "You seemed uncomfortable in there with Rock, so I thought it might be better to talk one on one out here."

"Is there anything you wanted to know or..?" He knew quite a lot about their time since he traveled so much and so often. He knew that Rock didn't like that he was never home, but it was to keep him safe in the long run, so he'd have to accept that there was give and take with any situation.

And now he had three siblings to babysit. This would be hard to manage on his own, but he supposed he and Roll did have that plan to get a home somewhere. Though he kind of doubted X would want to live with them after who knows how long of not knowing they existed. At least X had Zero. He wouldn't be alone in his babysitting for now.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 09:05 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X

“I’m used to dealing with Reploids,” X admitted quietly once Blues had noted how uncomfortable he had been. “Robots who can deviate and form opinions based on what I said. His responses, however diverse they were… They were… They seemed limited to me.”

He wasn’t used to dealing with robots that couldn’t adapt to a conversation outside of their programming. It wasn’t that he didn’t like Rock, but more that he wasn’t sure how to handle him. He was so childish despite everything that he had seen and done – and he was only able to stay that way because he lacked the ability to grow.

“Honestly, I’ve never really thought about it…” X gave a small, weak laugh. “There wasn’t much that I knew before, so I focused on what I had… And that was enough. I mean…” He was quiet for a long moment, before finally deciding to ask a question. “… If Rock is like he is… Why is he weaponized? He lacks the morality programming that I have…”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 10:18 PM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

"Because he can't deviate..." Blues looks away, deciding not to delve back into that topic. He wasn't sure if he should go into the issue of why he and their father don't get along, "Dr. Light gave him a sense of justice. Albeit a fairly black and white one... so when Dr. Wily began causing trouble, he decided something had to be done." It probably wasn't the best explanation in the world, but it was what happened. Blues hadn't been there, so it was all hearsay from Wily of all people. It had been verified by other sources since though. He felt he had a good grasp on what happened, even if not terribly detailed.

Blues looks up at the sky, "Dr. Light made a weak attempt objecting to Rock getting involved, but eventually gave him his armor and mega buster. That way he could knock some sense into the robot masters. I wasnt really involved... at that point I was off on my own. From what I know about Rock, and the situation... Dr Light let him be weaponized because unless someone manually reprogrammed Rock's morality, Rock would remain as he is, with his ideals in tact."

Blues purses his lips a bit, "I'm not even sure I'd change Rock, give him free will, even if he was okay with it. How would all those battles affect him? All that fighting, the deceit... All of it... would it all weigh on him at once? Would it change him drastically..?" Blues sighs, it was something that had been plaguing him a lot recently. He had the ability to give him that freedom, but should he? "I worry about him. I want to let him grow, but I worry about it... what do you think, X?" Of course hed ask Rock too, but he wanted to run it by someone else first, perhaps to try to sway himself one way or the other.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 08:54 PM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X

The idea of not being able to deviate from an idea, or a moral, was quite alien to X. He knew, in a way, he was very different from his siblings. He was even different from other Reploids – he was the only one capable of worrying, and as a result, he tended to worry enough about everyone in the Maverick Hunters. It was what caused him to stress out easily, to overwork himself. Even to ignore his own injuries.

X had held his father on a high pedestal based on what he’d seen of him in the holograms and recordings. He knew that he, as the Variable X, was not the first Rockman that Dr. Light had created, that his main armour design had been based on another. To know that this other Rockman, a small ten-year-old with a little buster gun and a bright smile, was… somewhat world-shaking. Rock was not able to learn and adapt from his experiences, to change his morality based off of what he had seen, but he was able to stay the same, and remain relatively unaffected.

He could keep that smile up because he wasn’t changed. X had been and was altered by his experiences. He couldn’t leave Zero unattended during missions because he’d lost him one too many times. He always kept a comlink up in case someone needed him. He had a plan if he went Maverick… even though, for all intents and purposes, he should be immune.

Blues had asked if it was a good idea to give the option to Rock. But honestly…

“… He won’t be the same, Blues. There’s a potential… There are too many consequences. He’s never had to deal with it like we’ve had to…” X hesitated with his words, not entirely sure how to word his worries. “He’s never had to worry like I have, he’s never had to deal with emotions like you. I’m sorry, but… I’m too worried that it’s not a good idea."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 08:04 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

X seemed convinced based on his own experiences thgat Rock wouldn't be the same if he were allowed to change like a normal human would. In a way, he knew that, had known that. He himself certainly wasnt the same as when he'd first been created, but that was the point. He wanted Rock to be able to grow... but with that came the threat of him taking the 'wrong' path from all the hardships he's faced. And Blues just wasn't ready to handle that if it happened.

"You're probably right, X. It would probably be overwhelming, all those negative emotions... if he'd been used to them it would be one thing, but..." He reaches to his face and rubs his eyes beneath his sun glasses. They were hurting for some reason. He pushed that to the back of his mind, though. They were sensitive. Hurting wasn't new for them. "And you don't have to apologize, X. I asked your opinion and you gave it."

Blues was quiet for a good while after that, letting the warm sun wash over them. It probably felt great for X, with a solar core like Rock. Blues frowned a little and put his hand over his core. Maybe he should tell him about that. About his tiff with Dr. Light, and why he can't stand being around him for very long any more. He wanted to. To smash this idealistic image the youngest had created of their father, but he held himself back. It wouldn't be fair of him to thrust his bitter feelings at X. He should be allowed to have his own opinion of things, that includes their father. If they ever meet in person, X could pass judgement, then.

He sighed a bit, "So, X... was there anything else you wanted to know? About me, Rock, or Roll?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rockman X
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 10:21 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Maverick Hunter
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Reploid

Rockman X

Blues had gone quiet after voicing that X didn’t have to apologize. X went quiet himself, contemplating his siblings. It had never occurred to him that he’d have the opportunity to meet them – or that he had more than just the original Rockman. Dr. Light, or at least, his hologram, rarely talked about their family, and only focused on him and his abilities.

… Perhaps there was a reason why, but X couldn’t fathom it at the moment. Besides, it was all in the past now and it didn’t matter. He had these opportunities now, but did he have to be careful about what he said and what he learned? Perhaps this was how he secured his existence, and the existence of all Reploids.

Or he was overthinking it, which was a distinct possibility.

For the moment, Blues wanted to know if there was anything else X was wondering about them. “… The names. Why the musical theme? … And… why am I the outlier? Is there a reason for that?” Perhaps ‘Variable X’ was just a nickname for his project and it stuck, but it was kind of odd to him that he was the only one without a musical themed name.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Blues
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 05:55 AM

Robot
OCCUP:
Wanderer
ALIGN:
Neutral
SPECIES:
Robot

Blues

"Honestly that might have been because of my fondness for music." He noted softly, "Wily used to call me 001, and Blues only stuck after Dr. Light took me out to socialize me." He added for a bit of explanation "Rock and Roll were meant as his children, and therefore my siblings, so that may be why he continued the trend... I don't know why you don't fit other than Dr Light just wasn't there to give you a fitting name." After all, when he woke, all he had was his serial number. X's Probably stuck because it was all he had... Zero he figured only knew due to his little Z decal on his shoulder. He didn't have a lot of choices with the letter Z and infinity.

Blues looked up at his younger brother, "I mean, we can give you one, but... it seems a little late. Everyone already knows you as X. Do you want a music name?" Inevitably, blues began thinking of other music types that descended from either Blues or Rock, and came up with Alt, Glam, or Jazz that he thought might work. He was hesitant as far as the name Alt went, though, since it was short for Alternative.

"And X, I just want you to know that even though you didn't know about me, that doesn't bother me. Rock and Roll didn't know for a long period of time. Dr. Light tends to avoid things concerning me." Blues looks away from his youngest brother, "But I'll always be here when you need me. Contact me if you ever need advice, alright? You're my little brother, and if nothing else, I look after my siblings."

"By the way, X..." he hesitated slightly. He had a feeling he wouldn't like this answer, "What's your opinion of Dr. Light?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight
F/BC

OHaV