CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Thoughts, Open
Sayaka Akimoto the 10th
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 05:39 PM

Entertainer
OCCUP:
idol
ALIGN:
chaotic good
SPECIES:
human

Sayaka Akimoto the 10th
© eclipse // CURRENTLY Offline

Sayaka blinked in mild surprise as the other young woman pulled out a cellphone and displayed the appropriate number on the screen for her to see. It was fairly similar to the one she used, but it was a bit unexpected, given what she’d come to expect so far. Shaking her head at herself to focus, she pulled out her own device, turning it on and flipping through to the contacts screen.

If it wasn’t really clear that Sayaka came from a world with highly advanced technology, it was probably painfully so now, even if her outfit wasn’t the clue to it. The screen of her device hung mid-air, projecting necessary information at her eye level as she found the right page.

“Amazing what technology can do, isn’t it? A broken phone’s pretty useless even here, so it’s good it’s still whole and that was a good test,” she commented, shivering at the other’s words. She didn’t particularly relish a thought of a dragon of any kind dropping in on her - from Lucina's words, it didn't sound like a good thing to happen. “Imagine my surprise that I only had to tweak a few things for my own phone to start working. Most of it is useless, of course, but I was able to tune into local communications... that’s useful, at least, for keeping up with new developments in this world. Excuse me a moment.”

Taking a snapshot of Lucina and a Vivilon that seemed to be taking interest in Lucina’s cellphone charm, she quickly entered the cellphone number Lucina displayed for her. “One of my friends’s into photography, and it seems some of her habits rubbed off,” she quipped, saving the new contact and displaying hers in turn. “This is the number you can reach me at.”

She was still getting used to this world, and this was probably as clear to the other young woman as her unfamiliarity with much of this world’s setting. Strange creatures like darkspawn, high dragons, and Pokemon were living side by side with humans from what looked like all manner of places and eras if their own meeting was anything to go by.

Despite herself, Sayaka grinned wryly, humming a few more notes of the song she’d been singing earlier. She would get used to this place and sooner rather than later. Otherwise, it looked like, or die trying was a possibility rather than merely a figure of speech. Given she did have friends here, Sayaka figured it was a figure of speech she’d rather avoid happening if she could help it.
PMEmail
^
Lucina
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 08:21 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Princess
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Lucina
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Lucina blinked when it turned out that Sayaka's phone was one of those holographic devices, but she didn't comment. Stuff like that could be found in certain areas. Some in Neo Domino, but mostly up in the Citadel, which clearly surpassed the city in terms of technology. It had been rather awe inspiring at first, although after months of living here, seeing such things were starting to feel normal to her.

In return for Sayaka taking a photo of her and Vivillon, Lucina did the same for the singer, using it for the number she was now adding to her contacts. "Photography is one of those things that doesn't exist in my world, yet it's so prominent in many others..." She saw the appeal of it, although her first photos had been blurry until she learned that she should hold the phone steady. Once she understood that, it turned out that there were many things she felt compelled to take photos of, either because they were interesting or they were related to her work.

After saving the new contact, Lucina smiled. "There, we're all set." She was glad that she and Vivillon decided to visit the lake today. Meeting someone new made the entire trip worth it. Vivillon made a chirping sound and fluttered closer to Sayaka, now feeling comfortable enough with their new friend to not worry about keeping her distance.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sayaka Akimoto the 10th
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 12:21 PM

Entertainer
OCCUP:
idol
ALIGN:
chaotic good
SPECIES:
human

Sayaka Akimoto the 10th

It was appealing, though in Sayaka’s case, she often ended up in front of the camera lens rather than behind it. Still, she could understand both sides, especially after seeing her friend enjoying her random picture snapping hunts. They have certainly come in useful at one point.

“Mine would be one of those worlds,” she murmured in answer, smiling at unexpectedly having her picture taken in turn. “Despite the danger art and entertainment are in.”

Her smile widened at Lucina’s words and Vivillon’s fluttering closer to her. Sayaka gently held her palm up to the creature, open if needed and understanding it wasn’t quite that afraid anymore. For her end, she noted that she relaxed a while back, and while elsewhere, it probably was a bad idea, there was nothing to alarm her here.

If anything, the other young woman had a feeling of someone able to not only handle trouble, but also to spot it. This place seemed safe, especially in comparison to the last one she visited.

“That’s good.” Looking up at the sky, she shook her head. “Well, we best find a place to stay before it gets dark. It’s peaceful now, but I believe in this world, peace seems deceptive.” Pausing, she tilted her head to the side, watching the two companions she believed she could start considering friends. “Will you two be all right, or would you prefer company on the way?”

It felt only right to offer. In an uncertain world, a group of travelers was harder to be caught off-guard - but the choice in this case would be Lucina’s.
PMEmail
^
Lucina
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 12:31 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Princess
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Lucina
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Smiling, Vivillon lightly gripped Sayaka's fingers with her tiny little hands, before letting go and circling around the area. She was happy whenever she got to meet someone who was friendly and not trying to kill her and her Trainer. Which happened quite often - brigands and other villains prowled both continents' wide open spaces, threatening travelers.

"I think we can do with some company," Lucina replied. They had just met, after all. They could get to know each other better on the walk to somewhere safer. And they will be walking. Unlike the Western Continent, this land had no train system. She and Vivillon often hitched rides with their friends if they needed to get somewhere quickly, but she saw no need to call and ask right now. The place she had in mind was close by.

"Nearby is a place known as Saturn Valley. I have reason to believe it's one of the safest areas on the planet." Most people and creatures wishing to cause trouble were far more interested in other locations. The rest had to deal with the two people who had brought it upon themselves to protect the village. One was an accomplished fighter and the other had cosmic powers. Together, they were keeping days in Saturn Valley peaceful and mostly incident-free.

Thank goodness, because the Mr. Saturns didn't seem capable of defending themselves.

"The villagers run a small hotel of sorts. And if there's no vacancy there, Vivillon and I have friends who live in the area." They wouldn't mind them dropping in and staying for the night, even with Sayaka accompanying them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sayaka Akimoto the 10th
 Posted: Yesterday at 06:20 pm

Entertainer
OCCUP:
idol
ALIGN:
chaotic good
SPECIES:
human

Sayaka Akimoto the 10th

There looked like fear was gone from a creature that seemed shy before. Sayaka’s smile stayed at the feeling of tiny hands gripping her own, eyebrow flicking up. It seemed like she made a friend here, too, which was good. Unless they ran into trouble, she didn’t intend to give them any, and it’d be a bit of walk, it looked like.

“I’m going to defer to your judgement,” she nodded in answer to Lucina’s musings. “I’ve no chance of thorough exploring yet and if not for the phone and the map, I’d have gotten very lost.”

Not that being lost was necessarily a bad idea in this world, it looked like. There were plenty of most interesting places to find oneself in and to explore, and Sayaka wasn’t the one to stop herself from exploring now that she had a chance to it. What else would be there to do? There was nowhere to run and her day was nowhere near as busy as it tended to be in her own universe.

Nowhere near as busy... she’d have to do something about it. Sayaka had an inkling that she won’t be able to get away with just a couple of songs, either.

“It would be nice, but only if there’re no vacancies.” She shook her head, falling into step with Lucina. “I’d hate to intrude.”

She also wasn’t certain if she wouldn’t have to protect herself from Lucina’s friends. The other young woman herself was friendly, thankfully, and so was this companion of hers. Others... Sayaka had doubt, having never met any of them. However, that was one thing that could be easily fixed.

“Tell me about them,” she invited. “I imagine in a strange place like this, it was quite an adjustment.”

It would be an adjustment for her, but if anything, 00 taught her to adapt and survive in unpredictable situations. Putting those lessons to practice now was as good a time as any.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC

OHaV