CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

One Night, at a Tavern, Open
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 10:33 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Faris took a swig of her drink as pirates all throughout the tavern continued on with their rowdy banter. They were all distracted with each other - and the alcohol - so they left her to drink in peace.

She had expected as much. She wasn't yelling, making random toasts or starting fights with other people, so her table in the corner of the tavern was relatively quiet. She could observe what was going on without getting involved... to an extent, anyway. If she found one of her men in the middle of a disagreement he couldn't win, she would step in to even the odds. But for now, she left them be - to be a bunch of rowdy men, drinking and chatting away with like minds.

This particular tavern had just opened up a week ago, and now it was one of their regular stops whenever her crew needed some time on land. They wanted a place to drink and talk about things - the ocean, the raids they've recently done, women. She understood, although she wasn't the one blabbing to anyone who would listen. But it made her crew happy, and part of a captain's job was to make sure everyone was content. Besides, some useful info could always come up in conversation, and she planned to use whatever she could in order to keep the gold and rum flowing.

The captain leaned back in her chair and listened when some of the pirates started a debate over who had fought off the largest dragon while out on the water. There were plenty of those beasties crossing the ocean, either above the water or below it. The problem was that these men had a tendency to exaggerate.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 03:12 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul
© Draco // CURRENTLY Online

It hadn’t taken long for Y’shtola to take things in stride and traverse across the world. There was plenty to do, and plenty to see, and much to learn. After learning all she could from the people of Edge, she had wandered off into the great unknown, armed with her wands and staffs, and had leaped at the first chance to travel the seas.

Though Limsa Lominsa was by no means her citystate, or even where she had decided to call home, it was the citystate that she had investigated the most. It was home to many a type of pirate and often prided itself on being run like one. Thus, when she had stepped forth into the tavern to be greeted with the sight of the rowdy antics of pirates and sailors, she did not come by as intimidated. In fact, she supposed, it felt almost natural to her.

This would make Y’shtola’s first trip to the Sabaody Archipelago. It was much unlike the area surrounding Limsa Lominsa, or even anything in the Black Shroud. She walked in, as composed and sure as she always seemed, and stepped based the rowdy pirates as best as she could without disturbing any of them. She had received a few odd looks, likely on account of being Miqo’te, though no one posed as a threat or called out to her.

She had walked past a group of men discussing dragons and debating over which of them had fought off the largest one. Her first thought was that the Primals of her world were likely of… a bigger caliber. However, she could not exactly deem it that she had been the one to take one of them down. No, that honor laid with one person and one person only, and it seemed that she had beat the other Scions here.

That was when Y’shtola had noticed one lone person sitting, leaning back in a chair, potentially listening in on the debate. Deciding that this person was the best place to start, she pulled out the chair opposite of them, though she did not sit down just yet. It was difficult to surmise whether the person was a man or woman, but Y’shtola had long since learned that assuming such things on appearance was… folly.

“If you do not mind my interrupting, or a bit of company, is it alright for me to join you?” Y’shtola would not sit until they had made it clear that it was quite alright. After all, that as only the polite thing to do.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Feb 26 2018, 10:06 AM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

Faris only glanced at the stranger for a moment before her eyes returned to the other pirates. "If that's what you want." She supposed that it made sense that anyone who wasn't interested in chatting with the men would seek a quieter corner. The woman's appearance wasn't all that unusual to her; she was more surprised that she had gotten past all those pirates without so much as a leer. Normally, whenever a woman stepped into a place like this, everyone would go quiet and stare.

That was, Faris had long since learned, one of the advantages of pretending to be male. Some of the men claimed that she was pretty for a pirate, but that was it. In their eyes, she was one of them. They left her be, to sit alone while they talked and bickered and drank away the hours of the night.

Right now, she wasn't alone, but she didn't say anything else. If the stranger wanted to sit here, then she could sit here, but Faris wasn't planning to be the one who started a conversation. She assumed that if the woman wanted to talk or ask about something, she would bring it up. Until then, listening to these pirates argue over dragons was what had most of her attention.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 02:33 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul

With the permission offered, Y’shtola sat down across from this pirate. It seemed that she didn’t have this person’s full attention, as the conversation happening nearby seemed to intrigue them. She surmised that it was a rather interesting argument. Dragons, as far as she was aware, came in many breeds, and in a world much like this… there must have been many different kinds.

“Forgive my ignorance, but I only arrived quite recently,” she began, crossing her legs and leaning back somewhat in her seat, her staff tight in one of her hands. “While a tavern quite like this may be familiar to me, its people and the land around it is not. Are you of this archipelago? Or are you as unfamiliar with it as I am?” It was hard to determine such a thing simply from how people were dressed. In Eorzea, a class could determine what people war, or even their own culture. No two races dressed the same.

It seemed, however, that no matter the world, pirates dressed in similar coats, boots, and brandished similar weapons. Why, this world was quite interesting, indeed…

… Ah, but she has been quite rude, striking up a conversation with this pirate captain while completely neglecting to introduce herself. It was especially rude considering that the pirate captain didn’t even particularly seem quite that interested in the first place.

“… I apologize. I have found myself rambling of my own questions, without so much as an introduction,” Y’shtola began, tilting her head somewhat. “My name is Y’shtola. It is an honour and a privilege to make your acquaintance.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 11:22 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

Luckily, the debate over dragons had gone downhill - if it hadn't already - which was the consequence of too many braggarts and too much drink. One lout - not one of hers - punched another and a brawl ensued. Her men were smart enough to shuffle out of the way and continue drinking, so she didn't have to get up to interfere, but that did leave her now with nothing to preoccupy her save for this woman and her questions.

Faris roughly shifted her chair back so it was facing the table again, her eyes landing on who she was going to assume was to be her companion until she left the tavern and returned to her ship.

"Captain Faris Scherwiz." Not her real name, but the one she had been going with for years. "The archipelago ain't mine, yet it feels more like home to me than anywhere else on this heap of rock." She drained her glass, picked up the bottle of rum sitting on the table and refilled it. Instead of setting the bottle down right away, she used it to point at the empty glasses sitting at the center of the table's surface.

"Drink?" She'd pour a glass for the woman if she wanted it. Nobody could say later that she didn't offer.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 09:16 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul

So, this captain’s name was Faris Scherwiz. Y’shtola smiled at the introduction, deciding that, even if Faris could not state that the archipelago belonged to them, at least they had a reason to be visiting it. It was the same, somewhat, for her, but she was certain that she was bound to find areas that would soon be as familiar to her as the streets of Limsa Lominsa.

Even the inevitable brawl happening now was somewhat normal. Y’shtola found herself relaxing as Faris took a moment to pick up the nearby bottle of alcohol and refill the cup set on the table. It was then that the bottle was offered to her, and Y’shtola took a moment to take in the scent emanating from the bottle.

Hmm, so it was rum.

In response, Y’shtola offered a smile, and took one of the empty glasses in front of her. “Please,” she replied, holding it out for the captain to pour her some rum. “I thank you for the offer, Captain Scherwiz.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 12:18 AM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

Faris filled up Y'shtola's glass, then set the bottle of rum back in the same spot she had it before. Her hand went to her own glass, although she didn't pick it up just yet. The brawl ended quickly when the combatants were pulled apart and the barkeep started shouting that he would stop giving them all alcohol. Any resulting bickering was now ignored by the captain, as she had someone else to pay attention to.

"I sometimes forget that there's decent talk to be had here if the right person drops in." Most of the customers were like the ones who were already here, and Y'shtola had seen what they were like. It was one of the reasons why Faris usually kept out of the chatter here - no point in her getting involved unless she had to put someone in their place. "Ask away, Miss Y'shtola. Have a better chance of getting your answers from me than from any of the rabble here."

And with the men all harassing each other, none should be trying to bother them. Unless they wanted a boot up their asses.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 12:59 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul

Y’shtola took her own glass, though didn’t quite take a sip right away. For now, a conversation was to be had, and she was going to gather what she could regarding information of each of the world’s pieces. Information was key, and no one could blindly run into whatever piece they wanted and just do as they please. That would be similar to stepping into Ul’dah and expecting to be run like Gridania.

“You have told me that the archipelago feels most like home to you… I suppose the same could be said for myself,” Y’shtola began. “Would you be able to tell me what the archipelago is like, and what kind of world it came from? I seek to learn all I can of each of this world’s different locales.”

The people of Edge had been most welcoming to offering what knowledge they had, and remarkably, it sounded somewhat familiar to Y’shtola as she listened. She was not entirely certain as to why, but she set it aside and worked to learn more about everything in this world. Aether did not seem to run through it at the same density as Eorzea, meaning that she may have to be far more careful than normal regarding using it for her eyes.

She tapped her glass for a moment. “… It is amazing how different worlds can be from one another, and yet, how similar some can be to others. A world such as this is remarkable in how it stays entirely in one piece, despite the contradictions.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 10:28 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

"The Archipelago is as you can see it." Not much to describe that couldn't be easily observed. Some islands were more similar than others. The traffic between them was frequent, and so were the pirates. "I was told it came from an ocean where the world's pirates gather, all seeking some grand treasure left by a legend. It hasn't changed much, save for some shifts in trade patterns in the past few months. Rumor has it that a princess has been looking into it. Good way to get captured and held for ransom."

Which Faris wasn't considering. She had other things to do besides hunting royalty, and she was pretty certain that her sister would disapprove. Since said sister was the Princess of Tycoon, Faris did think about holding her for ransom when they had first met. At the time, nobody had known that the two of them were siblings.

Of course, that meant that Faris was royalty, too. A princess, like the one who had been sticking her nose into the affairs here.

"If it ain't a contradiction, it wouldn't be as interesting. We thrive on being different." Faris lifted her glass and downed some of her drink. The captain hadn't specified what she meant by 'we'. Pirates? Citizens of the world? Princesses out on the open water, raiding ships? Or, perhaps... inquisitive minds with impaired eyes?

It didn't matter. To live here was to live in a world that should've fell apart months ago, to coexist with strange people who may, in their eyes, consider you strange in return. That could lead to either harmony or conflict. One should always be prepared to face both.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 09:17 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul

Y’shtola listened with apt attention as Faris told her of the Sabaody Archipelago. It was interesting that legends of a grand treasure were what prompted the world’s pirates to once gather to the Archipelago as they once did. She had to wonder what kind of treasure it had been, or even if it even existed.

She had to wonder for that princess, however. There were many dangers with investigations that she was all too familiar with as a Scion. Y’shtola couldn’t even begin to tell of tales of mishaps and misgivings that she had gotten herself involved in purely because of where she had poked her head. With pirates added into the mix, the safety of that princess was, well…

Perhaps it was best that Y’shtola need not think of it.

“That is very true, Captain Faris,” Y’shtola finally landed on saying, in response to the observation. “While our assemblage may yet always be a mystery save for her games… the contradictions and mysteries that await are, in my mind, particularly worth the calling.” All the things to learn and see may yet prove to serve not just her, but others as well. Perhaps some already had made it worthwhile for all affected.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 04:44 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

"Aye. If we're to live here, then it's better to live as we would elsewhere." Rather than worrying about what the Goddess might pull on them sooner or later. Many people returned to doing whatever they did best. As for Faris, she continued being a pirate. As she had found out some time ago, she knew how to be a pirate and was far better at being that than she was being a princess.

The rolling waves, the storms, the thrill of catching prey unawares... she didn't think she could ever give it up completely.

"Anything else you need to know?" Faris asked, idly tapping her finger against the rim of her glass. Besides the Archipelago, there had to be other things that Y'shtola might want to know. The world was much larger than just this cluster of islands, after all. As much as Faris preferred being out on the ocean, the planet wouldn't be as interesting without all that other stuff.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 01:42 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul

If that was the case, then Y’shtola was going to continue one with her investigations as she had been. Back home, they were trying to track down Primals, large God-like beings summoned by the Beast tribes across Eorzea. Granted, they had their reasons for summoning their Gods, and Y’shtola could find no place to blame them for the last resort. However… the end results were catastrophic, on a level that she could not forgive. Tempered beings were lost to all reason, and there was no way to undo it.

However, there was a chance that she still required the aid of Faris, and she was fully willing to admit it. As the captain was offering, who was she to deny the opportunity? “I have only been to Edge properly prior to this. Is there anywhere else that you would suggest to a new arrival? Particularly one interested in learning everything she could?”

Information was power, and it was key. She was highly aware of that. It was knowledge and ability that allowed her to rig an Aetheryte crystal, to begin with. In a world that she lacked any information of, she was at a disadvantage and didn’t wish to wander somewhere that she would only get in trouble for being in.

“Aside from that,” Y’shtola continued, peering down to her glass of rum, “I suppose I would like to ask if you have heard of anything like Primals before…”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 04:22 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

Where to go in order to learn more about this world? In a way, it depended on what one wanted to learn... although in Y'shtola's case, she wanted to learn everything. Faris picked up her glass and took a sip as she thought about it. No single place on the planet would be the perfect answer, but there were at least a few that would be worth heading to more than others.

"Neo Domino's the largest city on the planet - there's a lot to look into there. But if what you're seeking's more on the magical side, then you'd best try the College of Winterhold, in Briggs. Need to show the gatekeeper something magical in order to get in." In truth, any sort of ability that might be interesting to the mages seemed to work. You got to learn at their College, while they learned something from you in return. Fair enough, the captain supposed.

As for Y'shtola's inquiry about Primals... "Never heard of 'em." Faris had heard about a lot of things, mostly because they caused trouble here on the planet. Heartless. Darkspawn. Dragons, like the men around them had been bickering about. Other kinds of beasties, and certain types of people, too. "Though I do know a gent who makes knowing about things a part of his business. Anything interesting happens here, and it's bound to reach his ears, one way or another."
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 02:58 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul

Captain Faris named a few areas, something that Y’shtola appreciated. Neo Domino was certainly a decent place to start - it was the largest city on the planet as a whole, she was certain it likely operated similarly to a citystate back in Eorzea. Perhaps it was a hub? One that could serve as a helpful source of information? She would certainly have to visit it to be certain.

Then there was the other place the Captain had mentioned, this “College of Winterhold” place. A college of magic was certainly one of interest to Y’shtola. As a conjurer and one who could use magic, it was a location she was quite certain she would be visiting in the near, or distant, future.

Aside from that, it was disappointing to hear that Captain Faris had never heard of Primals, but at the same time, relieving. If Primals were not here, then that was one less thing to worry about for her. Now all that concerned her was where to go from here, and what there was to learn about this world, and at this college that she was hearing about.

Although, there was this man that Faris had spoken of...

“Is there a way you could point me his way?” she asked of the Captain. “If there is indeed a chance that Primals have found their way here as I have, then... it is my duty as a Scion to prevent them from causing destruction.” She was hoping it was only her paranoia. Perhaps a remnant of the concern of Alexander, Leviathan, and Titan. Mayhap that was all it was, and she certainly wished it so.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 04:28 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz

So these Primal things... the way Y'shtola spoke of them, they would definitely be a cause for concern if they've made their way here. It seemed to be a rule that once anyone or anything from a world made its way here, then it was possible for everything else from that world to do the same. Now, maybe that Goddess had her own set of rules of what she brought over so she didn't end up with her precious planet on fire, but she seemed to be a girl who had mood swings.

Not the ideal sort of deity anyone wanted for their planet, but Faris knew that things could be worse.

"He's easy enough to find, usually. If you happen to find yourself in New Marais, out on the Eastern Continent, seek out the branch of the Dwarven Merchants Guild there and ask for a deshyr by the name of Varric Tethras." Faris drained off her glass and went to fill it up again, yet she didn't pick it up right away. "Tell him I sent you his way. He'll agree to help - mouthy gent he is, but a friendly one."

They had an agreement, one that benefited both their respective businesses. But learning about potential sources of doom and making sure they weren't actually here was something the dwarf had a keen interest in. Thedas was always one step away from disaster, or so Faris had been told.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV