CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Like a Sore Thumb, Open
Kellyn
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 06:57 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

Children? Kellyn was mildly surprised by that, if only because Rosalina looked so young. She did seem to have that nurturing, comforting air that some mothers had. She reminded him of his own mother, even. At least to an extent. His smile returned quickly enough and he continued their little stroll, though his thoughts had been sidetracked with thoughts of the slightly younger boy he met on his first day here.

"I don't think he remembered much if anything. It was bothering him when we were hanging out that day." The ranger informed softly, worrying over the boy. Kellyn hadn't seen him in a long time. Maybe it was time for him to try and track Morgan down now. after all, he couldn't just call Morgan like he could call Wes or Anna when he worried about them.

Pachi tensed on his shoulder as Rosalina spoke up, having sensed the disturbance as well. Personally Kellyn thought it would be best to at least see what he was dealing with in this place before he left, but he felt he owed it to his companions not to needlessly put them in harm's way just so that he could prepare for an unlikely, but possible event or accident that could take place here. He would have to take things as they came.

"It would be safer if we avoided it... " he said aloud, "I won't seek it out, but if it finds us while we are looking around, then I'll do something about it." Unfortunately he was still finding ways to deal with adversaries that aren't pokemon and aren't human. Humans are easy enough to subdue with binding from a Spinarak or Ariados, but large beasts would be harder.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 08:19 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

"Very well, then." If that was what Kellyn wanted. Rosalina also preferred to avoid it, for the safety of her companions. She also tried to avoid attacking anything, if possible. Sometimes it was easy to do so - putting up a barrier that a hostile force couldn't break often meant that they grew weary after a while and left her be. Unfortunately, there had been some in the past that had been too stubborn to give up, even if it was wearing them out.

"I shall let you know if something does come a little too close for comfort." While learning how to deal with unfamiliar threats would be advantageous, it wasn't without risk. Rosalina's awareness of her surroundings was much keener than an average human's; it was one of the more useful abilities she had developed during her long years out in space. Out there, it did have some use, but she had quickly discovered that it was far more useful on this planet, where danger could come out of nowhere and take even the most experienced warriors by surprise.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 07:51 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Finding Rosalina here was turning out to be a good stroke of luck. It meant not only a new friend, but another set of senses to help Pachi keep them safe. As much as he had gotten used to Pachi's way of communicating, it was nice to be able to not have to decipher what he was trying to communicate to him. Language barriers were such a pain.

Kellyn gave the woman a cheerful smile, "Thank you, Miss Rosalina." As much as Pachi would probably deny it, he knew that being on alert at all times was tiring for him. Rosalina helping likely allowed him to relax at least slightly, and Kellyn was very grateful for it, since he didn't have the means to let Pachi take a break yet. Once he had a safe place to let his partners stay, he'd take another one and let Pachi rest.

Giving his partner a pat on the head, he jogged ahead a step to reign in the exuberant Lycanroc who seemed dead set on challenging the Vaporeon's position as leader of their little pack. He just chuckles in response, "Hey Rosalina? Do you do this a lot? Look around dangerous places?"

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 01:04 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

"You are quite welcome." As long as they were walking together, Rosalina wanted to do her part in order to keep everyone safe. She felt like she shared that responsibility. It meant that nobody had to do all the work and wear themselves out, something that could be very dangerous in an area such as this. She wouldn't allow any harm to come to her companions.

Rosalina watched as two of the Pokemon had to be pulled back from each other before they got into a scuffle. She smiled a little at the question Kellyn asked. "I feel the need to explore places from time to time, even ones that have been proven dangerous. We learn little about them if we simply leave them alone." The more knowledge they had on an area, the more prepared they would be for any potential threats.

"Like many on this planet, I wish to protect those I care about... and so, I try to learn as much about this world as I possibly can." The different environments, as well as the people and creatures who lived in them. Knowledge of one topic often helped build up the others.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 06:49 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

She came here to learn, same as him. Somehow he wasn't at all surprised by this revelation. Having heard about her extensive library, Kellyn figured she had a love of knowledge in one form or another. That she would want to know how to deal with whatever this world threw at her was unsurprising, especially since she mentioned having children. Her children and friends were lucky to have someone so powerful to look out for them.

A gentle smile crossed his face, wondering if anyone felt that way about him. Kellyn knew he wasn't very well known here, but there was something almost comforting in not being barraged with quests, but it left him to realize how empty his life was without them, and without his friends. He would make new ones, it was just slow going right now.

"I want to protect everyone." Kellyn admits, "I believe that no one is completely bad, so I save and spare as many people as possible." It had never been in his nature to hurr someone for any reason. That included these creatures and any others he might come across.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 11:03 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Kellyn had a kind heart. Rosalina could see it in his words, his smiles and the gentleness of his voice. The fact that he believed that there was no such thing as a truly bad person was a rarity, even in this world inhabited by many different kinds of people. Those that one would consider to be the bad guys usually remained outside of the valley she now called home, but news about people doing terrible things to others reached her ears almost every day. Even the heroes on this planet saw lines and boundaries, sorting the world between good and evil.

"Most find it easier to judge a person by their words and actions alone, rather than believe that every wrong deed may have its own truth behind it." Many wrong deeds were done just for the sake of evil, and yet that wasn't true for all of them. It was possible that even the most villainous of people living here did what they do in order to protect someone they cared about, or were even using their actions as an outlet for their own feelings. "People often prefer the easiest path. It takes courage to keep an open mind and an open heart."
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: May 9 2018, 04:55 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

"It might be that these things are territorial or just looking for food. I don't fault them for something like that. When it comes to humans, too, everyone has reasons for what they do." Just because Kellyn may not understand, that didn't make it any less valid a reason to the person doing it. He was flattered that she thought him corageous for how he looked at the world, but it wasn't like it was a conscious effort on his part.

After almost stumbling over Leafeon again, Kellyn finally just picked him up. This was something he was guilty of- spoiling the pokémon in his care. He had carried Flareon around whenever the poor pokémon had gotten frightened before, and doubtless Leafeon had picked up on that. He simply loved all pokémon, and wanted to ensure they were cared for.

Giving the pokémon an affectionate pat, he continued on, letting the Vaporeon lead. She may not have the home field advantage, but she was certainly very cautious and aware of her surroundings. To the point he wondered why she felt the need to be.

"The easier path, huh? But the best things in life are the ones you have to go through hardships for. It makes thrm all the more worth it when you finally attain them." He gives her a cheerful smile, "Like, take my being a ranger for example. I had to convince my parents to let me move to a different region in order to go to Ranger School, work up the funds for it and everything, and it only made becoming a ranger all the better."

The top ranger gives an embarrassed chuckle, "Though I guess you were talking about people, but the sentiment still holds, I think."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: May 11 2018, 09:50 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

As they walked - with the alert Vaporeon in the lead - Rosalina considered Kellyn's thoughts. He was right, of course. The best things often were ones that required the most effort. Not always, and some people simply prefer not putting too much effort into anything at all. They shied away from the risks, the troubles. They felt that it was better to live in safety than face failure, danger even.

"When I was younger..." she began, "I set off on a journey to help a friend. I hadn't realized at the time that I wouldn't be seeing my planet again for many years." Rosalina couldn't remember the last time she had spoken about her past, but since Kellyn had offered some of his, she felt like it was right to respond in kind. "Eventually, I found a new family and a new home, but I always wondered what had happened to the ones I have left behind. Returning there and facing those years I've been away had been a challenge, but in the end, I believe it was worth it."

Rosalina went silent as she listened in on the furthest reaches of the area; there was nothing she heard that was an immediate cause for concern. "It is our difficulties that makes us who we are. Those who have faced the worst of hardships are often the best at making their lives better." It was an observation she had made, after years of encountering and watching others. In that regard, this world was the same as any other.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV