CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A Dragon in the Ruins, Open
Talho Yuki
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 11:12 AM

Vigilante
OCCUP:
Pilot
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Talho Yuki
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Talho listened to the words that Durnehiviir spoke, mind spinning about with the weight of the message. It was true. As much as many could pretend and continue about their ways, in the end, this planet would find a way to bring the trouble right back to them. Once they had slipped into a routine, Ninten had gone missing. Rhyme had been kidnapped. Wes had nearly died. In the end, she couldn’t stop doing her part to protect her son, to protect the others…

… Durnehviir’s words rang true. There was no telling when peace would stop and when the evils of this world would jump up again to strike. She supposed she had to keep an eye on the children, or at least a bigger one that she had already been using. It might be time to truly start thinking about babysitters for Rhyme, Mei, and the boys.

“I have no intentions of letting anything happen to the children in my care,” Talho decided. If she had to be honest, she had decided that a long time ago, even before Ninten had gone missing. She would never forget that day, or the week, or the recovery afterward. She was just glad that he had bounced back with a smile and wasn’t letting it bother him, even though it had been obviously a huge ordeal. She wouldn’t blame him if he was having nightmares.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Durnehviir
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 12:20 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Dragon

Durnehviir
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Talho seemed set on her decision, even with the weight it held. Durnehviir respected that. He had seen many falter when the road before them became rocky and filled with pitfalls. Doubt was just as much of a killer as overconfidence was, yet he sensed no overconfidence in her words. Talho understood the reality of this world, but she would not shy away.

There was, he knew, strength in one's friends and family. While Durnehviir had no family, he had those few he would consider his friends.

"And now that you are aware of the true darkness that lingers in the depths of this realm, what will you do?" Would Talho remain to explore? Or was she already satisfied with what she had seen so far? It would not be a cowardly choice to simply decide she had learned enough, to step away before she truly opened the door. Her children were waiting for her to return.

Of course, she might learn more about this place if she remained for a while longer, and that knowledge may help her to protect her family one day. Even this close to the surface, exploring the Deep Roads had its risks. This thaig, at least, was devoid of darkspawn for the time being. Durnehviir would know the moment one even ventured into one of the tunnels that led to this area.
PM
^
Talho Yuki
 Posted: May 2 2018, 12:09 PM

Vigilante
OCCUP:
Pilot
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Talho Yuki

That was the question of the hour, wasn’t it? What was Talho going to do now, after learning such things reeked underneath the ground? She was quiet for a moment, weighing her options and trying to work out the best course of action. She was military trained, she couldn’t just leave with only half the info.

But, Adroc was waiting for her. So were the rest of the children, and the Network as a whole. And yet, she could argue that there was still more to learn regarding this place. In the end, she wasn’t sure which would be the right course of action.

So, she supposed, she’d go with her gut feeling.

“… It might be best to come back with some more backup,” she determined. “Maybe a protective suit or two. I think I’ve gotten what I needed in order to regroup and develop a strategy for a second visit.” Talho looked up to Durnehviir, and offered a salute. “… Thanks.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Durnehviir
 Posted: May 5 2018, 08:44 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Dragon

Durnehviir
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

A sound strategy. There was safety in numbers, provided that those one was willing to ally themselves with were trustworthy. Durnehviir knew all about trust and betrayal from experience. But he doubted that Talho currently had any issue with those she was willing to trust on this planet.

Having a protective suit might help, too. As long as the taint did not reach the bloodstream, one was able to escape its harm. However, there was no true cure once infected by it.

"It is I who should be thanking you," he replied, "for holding tinvaak with me." Dragons were, for all their destructive tendencies, social creatures. Durnehviir needed conversation as much as he needed to tear apart his foes. It was unfortunate that most of his kind living here were more interested in conquering people and places than talking to him, and most mortals were afraid of even approaching him.

"Will you be able to find your way back to the surface? I am willing to fly you straight out if not." Durnehviir did not make the offer to just anyone, but since arriving here, he had been more accepting of passengers besides Qahnaarin. It would be no extra effort on his part to carry Talho out out of here so she could return home. "That is," he added wryly, "if you are willing to trust a decaying dovah to carry you."
PM
^
Talho Yuki
 Posted: Today at 02:17 pm

Vigilante
OCCUP:
Pilot
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Talho Yuki

Talho found herself smiling up at Durnehviir when he claimed that it was he who should have been doing the thanking. It was quite remarkable, how courteous he was, in contrast to the things she’d been told about regarding dragons and the Dov. Maybe because of that, she was willing to at least give it a try.

Other than the whole decaying thing, he was pretty cool looking. It was most kids’ dreams to one day fly on the back of a dragon, and Talho knew the boys would find it entertaining when she told them.

“Sure, why not?” she voiced. “At least then I can say I rode on the back of a dragon. This world can’t get any weirder than it already is.” And she honestly hoped that, if it could, it wouldn’t. She wasn’t sure how much more “weird” she could take. If one more of the kids that Holland adopted got themselves into any trouble, she was going to ground all of them to the Axolotl until next year.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV