CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 Midnight Patrol, Open
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 01:33 PM
Quote

Wanderer
AGE:
33
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord
POSTS:
170

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Dovahkiin turned his head ever so slightly to watch as the book fell from the table after the boy pointed it out. That was clearly where the spirit was. Dovahkiin's Shout had worn off; he wasn't able to see any outlines in his vision anymore. He didn't want to keep Shouting to locate it either. That had always been a tool for him to help locate a spirit if he needed it, but he would prefer not to overuse it, even if it was a skill that was afforded to a small few when it came to people and not dragons.

Though in a way, he was a dragon as well, so maybe he didn't quite count in that respect.

But, they had a sight on one of their targets, and now it was time to figure out just what they were going to do with it. They couldn't just attack it. That would probably cause all of them to become aggressive towards them, and they would never discover just what they were doing there and if they were willing to leave or not. They needed to find all that out before he made a real decision on what they were going to do with it.

The girl offered to attempt to speak to it. "Go do that," he said with a small jerk of his head towards the spirit. She was a spirit herself; she would have better luck conversing with it. He lightly tapped the boy with the knuckles of his fist. "Go towards the back of the room, so we're all in different parts of the library. We need all the vantage points we can get."

He would remain in the entryway. It wouldn't block it from leaving the room but it would give them the ability to see where it went and have the best way to follow it, if they needed to.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 10:49 AM
Quote

Official
AGE:
15
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
131

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Now that they had located one of the spirits, they had a plan. The Zora had offered to try speaking to it, while the Dragonborn told Roy to head towards the back of the library. Roy nodded and went that way, Litleo right behind him. They walked together until they reached the back, then the pair split up to cover more of the space.

Litleo hopped up onto a chair, then the table beside it, then up onto one of the bookshelves at one of the back corners. The small Pokemon weaved around some books that were stacked up there, making his way to the end closest to the center of the room. Once there, he stared ahead, eyes and ears alert.

Roy took the opposite corner. His hand still rested on the Sword of Seals, but even now, he didn't draw it. Instead, he made sure he had a good view of the library. At the moment, he could see everyone without having to peer around bookshelves in order to do so. He was aware of the other objects as they started to move on their own, and he hoped that they weren't going to end up being thrown across the room.

While he didn't know very much about restless spirits, he did know that they were prone to throwing things at people.

With as many vantage points of the library as they could possibly have, Roy waited. This was all he could do right now, so it was up to the Zora where things went from here.
PM
^
Mipha
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 03:15 PM
Quote

Spirit
AGE:
Kinda Dead
OCCUP:
Champion
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Zora
POSTS:
28

Mipha
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


With the okay given and everyone with positions to stand, Mipha stepped forward to find and speak with the spirit that they had found. She honestly hoped, with all of her soul, that a peaceful compromise could be given. Perhaps, they could discover what was ailing the poor spirit.

But for now, they weren’t sure, so they all they had to play by were the cards they were given.

Excuse me…? Spirit?” Mipha softly called out, not entirely sure what to call it, or how to refer to it or even speak to it. Every spirit was different. She, herself, was a spirit of Hyrule, and so she appeared far different than the one they were dealing with here.

She had always been a tender spirit, soft and kind. She was never forceful, and probably far too polite. Perhaps that was why she was easily defeated by the Blight… she was a healer at heart. “We wish to speak with you, Spirit. We wish to know what troubles you, and why you are doing the things you are, if you would tell us. Perhaps we can assist you…

With her words given, Mipha waited.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 07:08 PM
Quote

Wanderer
AGE:
33
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord
POSTS:
170

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Dovahkiin moved himself to the door they had originally entered, letting his hand rest on his sheathed sword. He was a quick draw, so he didn't have any worries that he would have it out and ready in case he needed it. Even so, he didn't want to intimidate the spirit. If it was benevolent, then he didn't want it thinking they were just going to suddenly attack it. And, if it was malevolent, he wanted it to be caught off guard for when he did attack it.

From this spot, he was also able to see the full wall on either side of him, just in case. He took a quick glance either way before he looked towards the Zora and the spirit in question.

The spirit was barely noticeable, but now it appeared as a faint light. No outline of a person, but simply a ball of light. It floated towards the Zora and seemed like it was considering her for a moment before it started floating to the back of the library, where it found the small back door - perhaps only used by staff for quick access so they wouldn't disturb the residents of the castle - before it phased through the door.

"Follow it," Dovahkiin called out. He had thought more would happen in this confrontation, but it hadn't. He did think, however, that the spirit was trying to lead them somewhere, as it hadn't taken off quickly upon being approached.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 10:31 AM
Quote

Official
AGE:
15
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
131

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Nothing seemed to happen for a moment, then the spirit appeared, approaching the Zora. After a pause, it headed towards the back of the library. Roy kept an eye on it, watching as it floated over to the door on this side. It went right on through and the Dragonborn said to follow it.

Being the closest, Roy was at the door first, with Litleo arriving just moments after. The noble tested the door; although he expected that it would be locked, he was able to turn the handle and open it easily enough.

"It's unlocked..." he murmured. The corridor beyond the door was unlit, yet Roy could see the walls, for the spirit was up ahead. It just hovered there, as if waiting for them to get closer before it went any further. It was clear that it was trying to lead them somewhere... but where? They had to find out.

Roy ventured into the corridor and Litleo followed. They stopped a short distance away from the spirit, who continued waiting for the others. It didn't seem bothered by their approach, but it did brighten a little, as if making sure they were able to see where they were going.
PM
^
Mipha
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 07:05 PM
Quote

Spirit
AGE:
Kinda Dead
OCCUP:
Champion
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Zora
POSTS:
28

Mipha
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


Everything was hinging on Mipha to manage to communicate with the spirit. She stood still, waiting for a response, as the others all got into positions. Objects continued to move around the room in somewhat lazy patterns, but she stayed vigilant.

Then, finally, she heard it – a quiet voice, soft, and slowly moving through her like ripples in water. It was a conversation; spirit to spirit. They spoke quietly and out of mortal ears, until finally, she turned to to the Dovahkiin.

… The spirit would like for us to follow it.” There was something that the spirit wished to show them, so perhaps this could help it pass along to the proper afterlife that waited for it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 10:31 AM
Quote

Wanderer
AGE:
33
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord
POSTS:
170

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


The door at the back of the room was unlocked so they were able to follow after the spirit, unhindered. Aside from the darkness, there appeared to be no obstacles that would get into their way as they traversed. Even the darkness wasn't enough to deter Dovahkiin, as his eyes were able to adjust to them much easier than a human's would have been capable of. He knew the people of Skyrim frowned upon werewolves - he was certain even some of his own fellows in the Stormcloaks and the Dawnguard would have been willing to have him arrested for discovering that truth - but being such a creature had come in useful more times than it had ever hindered him.

It was almost a shame that Akatosh would get first dibs on his soul due to him being dragonborn. He had used powers fitting for the Daedric Prince Hircine so often to he would have probably liked to have been able to have Dovahkiin's soul. At least, it wasn't promised to someone that Hircine outright disliked. And, at least, Hircine was a more tolerable sort than some of the other Princes.

Dovahkiin brought up the rear of their party, though he was still able to easily see the spirit as he could see over the heads of the others. The spirit led the way down a staircase - a spiral one that descended downwards into the depths. It then stopped at what looked like a hole in the tower.

Dovahkiin frowned. He could see grass; it led outside. A hole like this needed to be repaired and immediately, in case of intruders. He would know; he had slipped into hideaways through unremembered passages more often than he could remember. He made a mental note to tell the castle staff about it.

But, the spirit floated out of it.

"There's something outside, then," Dovahkiin said. His voice echoed upward into the stairwell.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 12:25 PM
Quote

Official
AGE:
15
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
131

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


The group passed through the corridor, then down a set a stairs that would have spiraled down into darkness had not for the spirit's glow. It floated through a hole in the wall and Dovahkiin made a comment about something being outside. Roy noted that the hole was large enough for most people - including their group of four - to easily get through. He had stormed enough castles to know that even something as unassuming as this was a welcome opportunity for intruders. They needed to inform the castle staff about this later.

Roy went through the hole, ending up outdoors. The sounds of Makna Forest at night greeted him - flowing water and chirping insects, with very few of the calls made by other creatures during the day. Still, he stayed alert; the castle staff had informed him that a Deinos Sauros lived nearby, and the gigantic carnivore didn't listen to reason, nor did it understood compromise. Roy would prefer keeping out of its line of sight than risk a confrontation with it.

The spirit circled around for a moment, waiting for them, before heading out from the castle grounds. There wasn't anything else to do for the time being but to follow it, which Roy did, Litleo running after him. The further they went, the more apparent signs of a disturbance became - multiple sets of tracks in the dirt, rocks overturned, leaves shredded and trees snapped like twigs. The noble slowed down a little, feeling more cautious.
PM
^
Mipha
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 06:58 AM
Quote

Spirit
AGE:
Kinda Dead
OCCUP:
Champion
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Zora
POSTS:
28

Mipha
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


The spirit led them through a door at the back of the room, into darkness. The glow of Mipha’s spiritual flames didn’t do much to offer light, but she continued on after the spirit – at least there were no obstacles for her much more mortal and corporeal companions. It wasn’t easy for them to just walk through things as it was for her and their spirit guide.

A staircase was their next destination – a spiral one that snaked down and into the depths of more darkness. However, they were asked to pause by the spirit at a hole in the wall, and Mipha peered out to see grass, and the outside. The three followed, as it then led them through the hole and into the castle grounds…

… and then out into the wilds of Makna. Overturned stones, leaves destroyed and trees snapped and broken. These became their scenery. Mipha hesitated for a moment, before the spirit continued to lead them along the path.

Mipha quietly asked the spirit where it was that they were being taken to. The spirit refused to answer, and simply led them far and away into the forest, before finally stopping in a clearing, destroyed and decimated. Mipha stared out into the destruction. Trees destroyed, the dirt disturbed and piled up. An overturned cart sat in the distance, the wheels broken off.

What… What happened here?” she asked the spirit, but it offered no answer.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 01:56 PM
Quote

Wanderer
AGE:
33
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord
POSTS:
170

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Dovahkiin's bulk took up more space going through the hole, but he still hit in, squatting low enough that he wasn't banging his helmet against the top. He was hard enough that it might have knocked more brick out. He made a mental note to inform the staff at the castle there. He was aware not everyone who was supposed to be in the castle had made the trip across worlds, but they needed to make sure they were taking care of their upkeep, especially considering where the castle had been dropped.

Makna Forest was not the place to forget vigilance.

The spirit moved further away from castle grounds. Dovahkiin was more reluctant to follow it now as he hadn't been charged with anything beyond getting the spirits out of the castle, but he knew this was another important step in that. His eyes glanced upward at the sky; there was a full moon out. If he didn't have certain provisions, this would have been a poor night for him to be wandering outside on. He was prepared for such events, however, and so he continued away from the castle grounds after the spirit.

A few minutes away, somewhere off the beaten track, they found an area that looked like something awful had happened to it. Dovahkiin wasn't too surprised to see it. With dragons flying wild in Skyrim, such things were a more common sight than one would have liked.

"I'm guessing that the spirits were taking cover now," he said with a murmur. "Let's see if we can find the bodies."

The overturn cart across the cleared away from them was a good start, though it was possible the people were away from it. They were likely looking for three bodies. Dovahkiin sniffed the air before he started on the task.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Feb 2 2018, 11:32 AM
Quote

Official
AGE:
15
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
131

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


A clearing with a broken, overturned cart... clearly the scene of an attack. The damage to the surroundings made Roy think of dragons, except that there was nothing on fire. It still could've been dragons. Or it could've been something else. This world had many kinds of creatures and sometimes it appeared that Makna Forest had more than anywhere else.

On one side of the clearing was a gash in the ground. As Roy examined it, Litleo sniffed the ground, made a noise, then stared off into the brush. Roy nodded and followed the direction of the gash to the edge of the clearing. More snapped trees; their splintered trunks jutted out from the grass and leaves like knives. A few trees remained intact and slumped against the trunk of one was...

"There's someone over here," he called, his voice just loud enough for the others to hear. Roy drew the Sword of Seals, adjusting its flames to match the same level of brightness as the florescence that occurred in Makna so they wouldn't stand out to hungry carnivores. While not nearly as bright as they could've been, the flames were enough for him to see the body better.

Torn beyond recognition. All Roy could be certain of was that the victim was of an adult human's height. It was a terrible sight. So far, all signs point to something very violent happening in this clearing, with the cart's passengers the unfortunate victims.
PM
^
Mipha
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 12:17 PM
Quote

Spirit
AGE:
Kinda Dead
OCCUP:
Champion
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Zora
POSTS:
28

Mipha
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


It was a dreadful sight. Mipha had never seen anything like it before, not along the roads of Hyrule at least. Dovahkiin spoke then, his voice low at a murmur, and she turned to him as he suggested finding the bodies. It was hard to imagine that something like this had occurred.

And yet, here it was – all the evidence, crystal clear like fresh water. An overturned cart with snapped trees and pieces of trunks all over… and finally, a corpse, so decimated and left with no recognition. The only thing that could be garnered from inspection was the person had once been an adult. One thing was made clear – something terrible had occurred here, and no one had been made aware.

… What shall we do?” Mipha wasn’t sure where to start – she had never encountered anything like this before in Hyrule. She wasn’t sure what to do as a result and was relying solely on her two companions for the time being. “Do we keep searching…?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 10:15 AM
Quote

Wanderer
AGE:
33
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord
POSTS:
170

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Dovahkiin searched through the wreckage before them. Unlike some, this was a common sight to him. In a world where dragons roamed with many viciously attacked travelers and towns alike, this was something one grew used to doing. What he wanted to do was also something he had done more than once for the people he found in such situations.

"Keep looking," he said, barely glancing up from his search. He heard that the younger man had found one of the bodies. "There should be two more." One for each of the spirits they had found. He knew what was going on here now. He had seen it happen before so many times in Skyrim. It was something that was always unfortunate but near unavoidable. The world was a cruel place to be, no matter what gods were in charge.

Dovahkiin went to the wagon, using his strength to lift up what was left. It wasn't that heavy to him, proving that clearly much of it had been lost in the damage. Beneath it, he could see what looked like two bodies. They weren't as brutalized as the other one, but that was probably because they had attempted to seek shelter. One looked small, like a child.

With a heave, Dovahkiin managed to get the wagon right off of them. Now, they were accessible to all of them.

He turned to the spirit; she seemed the most uncertain. "In the center of the clearing, grab as much of the in tact wood as you can. Making a bed of it." They were going to make a funeral pyre, to release the spirits out. "We'll bring the bodies over." He went to the two bodies, trying to see where they were damaged the least so he could easily lift them up.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:35 PM
Quote

Official
AGE:
15
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
131

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


It soon became apparent that the victims had been a family. That was what bothered Roy more than the carnage and the restless spirits in the castle. These people had lives, violently cut short. They hadn't wanted this. But reality was cruel at times. It didn't matter if it was this world or another.

Scenes such as this shook his beliefs. Yet at the same time, they reaffirmed his resolve to find peaceful alternatives to violence when possible.

"Go help her, Litleo..." he said softly to the Pokemon. With the Dragonborn handling the other two bodies, it was up to Roy to get this one over. His young friend didn't have to stick around. Litleo eyed him for a moment, then nodded, heading over to the Zora. He looked up at her, gave her a reassuring smile, then set about picking up pieces of wood with his mouth, carrying each one over to the clearing.

Roy sheathed his blade, extinguishing the flames. The light had been helpful, but he needed both hands in order to carry the body. Never had he done anything like this before. He had been to war, he had killed people, he had seen friends die. People he cared about had died in his arms; Lord Hector's face and last words had been burned into his memory, occasionally reappearing in his nightmares.

That, he could live with. But he had never really dealt with what came next after death, what happened to the bodies after their souls had departed.

Maybe it was for the best that he was no longer able to see all the gore; he could focus on the task at hand easier. The surface of the body was slick with blood, no matter where Roy touched, but he eventually found a way to pick it up without it further falling apart on him. Carefully, he carried the body to the center of the clearing.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight
F/BC

OHaV