CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

One Night, at a Tavern, Open
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 01:02 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Eastern Continent. The Dwarven Merchants Guild. Ask for a deshyr by name of Varric Tethras. Tell him Faris had sent her his way.

Y’shtola committed the directions to memory, tapping a lightly curled right fist against her cheek in thought. She had never heard of a deshyr, or a dwarven merchants guild, but she knew that many different jobs and classes learned their trades from such guilds across the citystates in Eorzea. She, herself, had learned from the Conjurer’s Guild in Gridania, much as her sister had, and many adventurers before and after them.

“A gent with a sharp tongue, I can handle,” Y’shtola stated with a small smile. “I have met many an adventurer lacking in a certain pride towards their diction, and with a particular like towards a harsh vocabulary. I am certain that I will benefit from his counsel. I shall ensure that my travels take me eastward.”

An honest promise, and one she intended to keep. This Varric Tethras may be interested to hear in what she had to say – and he also may have more to offer her. There was no telling what kinds of creatures awaited Y’shtola in this world, and what else lurked beneath it, waiting for its turn to strike, or to cause decimation beyond all power and imagination.

“I thank you for your information, Captain Faris. It is only a disappointment that I haven’t much to offer in return.” In Limsa Lominsa, it was only too often that the sailors offered their information in return for services or her own knowledge. She doubted there was much that she could give to Captain Faris – after all, she had only just arrived herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 08:21 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Faris let out a chuckle. "You'll find that Tethras is the opposite of that... smooth, not harsh. Too smooth for my taste." A rogue, a gentlemen and a distinguished storyteller, telling lies just as easily as he tells the truth. "Can't take everything he says at face value, mind you. Yet he'd be one of the most reliable people you can go to if you don't mind his chatter." Or his nicknames, his sense of humor and the way he talks to his crossbow.

Everyone had their quirks. Varric had his, Faris had hers, but the next time he suggested she try doing something "princessy" on her days off, she was going to see if her ship cannons were the right size to launch dwarves.

When Y'shtola thanked her for the information and said she didn't have much in return, Faris waved off the apology. "Consider your distracting me from this rabble payment enough. Ever find yourself in need of a fast ship, we'll do proper business then." An intelligent and resourceful woman like Y'shtola would likely have her situation and finances worked out soon enough.
PM
^
Y'shtola Rhul
 Posted: May 2 2018, 07:54 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Scion
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Miqo'te

Y'shtola Rhul
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Smooth, rather than harsh? Oh, excellent. If that were the case, then she had experience with that as well. Thancred had a bit of a reputation, in the very least. With, perhaps, a touch of a tall tale spinner. Regardless, if Captain Faris was stating that he was a reliable source, then Y’shtola imagined that she could withstand all his tales and spun words. At least it would be less of a farce than what the Company of Heroes had caused her to endure. After that, she imagined her patience had at least improved… Somewhat.

While her mind was focused about reliability, Y’shtola looked over to consider the good Captain as words were stated regarding how her being a good distraction was payment enough. At least services for a good ship was being offered once he had use of it. She’d already developed some plans regarding bringing up her gil count – enough that at least, renting ships such as the Captain’s wouldn’t exactly break her bank.

“You shall be the first to know if I am ever in need of a ship,” Y’shtola declared, and lifted her glass, ready for a toast. This world was willing to grant her many things – new things to learn, now places to see, and new people to meet – and though her time may be limited, she was willing to embrace it all. Perhaps one day one of her fellow Scions may arrive in this world. Maybe even her sister, and that was one she was certain would be most welcome in her heart. “… May we walk in the light of the crystal.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: May 3 2018, 08:35 PM

Outlaw
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Y'shtola would be, admittedly, a much better client than some of the people who paid Faris to get them across the ocean. Only a few had ever tested her patience, thankfully, and so far she only had to toss a couple of men into the brig in the middle of a voyage. The pair were of the brawny warrior type, on their way to compete at Arena Ferox. They had more swagger to them than skill - instead of having her crew handle it, Faris knocked them flat on their asses and locked them up herself.

When Y'shtola lifted her glass for a toast, Faris did the same. She did believe her acquaintance would do alright here. Better than most, even. Those dragged to this world did either of two things - they either shut down, or they thrived. Thrived and fought for their new lives here. Even if it wasn't literal fighting, just living here could be a battle, if one looked at it the right way.

The captain smiled at the word 'crystal', for the word had meaning to her. A tale for another time. "And may our foes burn in it," she replied as she clinked her glass against Y'shtola's.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV