CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Topic
New Poll

 Small-Town Girl in a Big Space City, Open
Flemeth
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 09:37 AM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Ah, there was Sable's cute face. It was always pleasant to look upon it. For all of Flemeth's crotchety old witchy ways, she still could appreciate cute things, and Sable was one of the cutest people she knew. She wasn't likely to mention any of that out loud, but it was a nice thought for her own mind. She wasn't in the habit of sharing everything she thought, anyways. Some people were likely to think she was crazy if she did.

And, she likely was. One didn't live as long as Flemeth did without being just a little bit crazy.

Flemeth came to an intersection and she stopped, peering down one way and then the other. She was not familiar with this area, and all she could do was try to figure out where she was going by memory and general knowledge of where she had been.

She chewed her bottom lip, making a light sucking sound as she did it. Which direction did she come from? With all these artificial and metal surroundings, it was harder for Flemeth to have sense of what was going on around her.

"I think this way," Flemeth said, her voice almost cheery. She turned down one of the roads. This felt right. Probably. If it wasn't, oh well. They could ask for directions if she couldn't figure out which way she was supposed to be going. She wasn't one of those people who couldn't ask for direction. She wasn't a man.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 09:44 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


"Okay." Sable didn't mind that Flemeth wasn't completely certain over where they were going. To be perfectly honest, the older woman had a better chance of getting them to where they were heading than the seamstress did. All these streets and buildings started to look the same to Sable once she had to stare at them for long enough. They were very futuristic and very interesting to look at, but it got tiring just looking at them all the time.

She was so relieved that Flemeth was with her. If she hadn't been, then Sable might've gotten lost. And then she would've had to ask someone for help... and she was still working on her ability to talk to strangers...

"I think we're on the right track," she said after a while. "This feels like it's the right way." If it hadn't been, then Sable wouldn't be feeling so optimistic about it. Hopefully, they weren't wrong!
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 04:10 PM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Flemeth was pretty sure she found the right way. It was taking longer to get the way they needed to go, but this wasn't too bad. Without the crowds that were normally around the busier parts of the Citadel's public districts, it wasn't unpleasant to take a walk here. She was sure the people who lived here normally were used to the crowds, but Flemeth lived away from people for more than just the reason that she wasn't considered normal by the others of Ferelden.

Though if she wanted to live among the busy streets of Denerim or Amaranthine, she would have been able to do so just fine. She just didn't want to live near so many noisy humans, dwarves and elves. That life was unappealing to her.

This world was different though, and she grew to enjoy the company of others, if only in short spurts.

A sign up ahead indicated they were nearing the docks. Flemeth pointed it out.

"Look at that," she said, her tone still of the cheerful sort. "It looks like we were right."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 10:56 AM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


"Oh, isn't that nice?" Sable replied cheerfully. The docks hadn't been too difficult to find. She was quite glad to see the sign, as the bags she was carrying were starting to feel heavy. For her, traveling through this place had been quite the trek. The Citadel was very large in the eyes of humans and similar-sized people, but it was even larger for her. She needed to take more time and effort to get anywhere.

The hedgehog then looked up at her companion again. "Are you leaving soon too, Miss Flemeth?" If so, then they could wait for the next shuttle and sit together on it once it arrived. But maybe Flemeth still had things to do here, so they would have to say goodbye to each other. Sable wouldn't mind; the mage had already been so kind to make sure she got to the docks safely. She couldn't possibly ask for anything better than that!
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 09:26 AM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


"Hmm?" Sable had asked if Flemeth was planning on leaving right away as well. Flemeth tilted her head as she thought, gray strands of hair falling into her face. She blew at them in an attempt to make them move, but they simply flopped back down into her view. She didn't bother brushing them off. If they wanted to stay there, then they could stay there. Who was she to judge the decisions her loose hairs wanted to make with their time?

"I think I'll go," Flemeth said. "I came here to look and see, and I feel like I've done that." She had no other chores to do here. What else was she to do? See if she could shapeshift into a Keeper? That would be rather...boring. They didn't do much, and if she didn't do what they were supposed to be doing, the people would panic and C-Sec would be on her like a fly on honey.

No, it was time to go.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 10:50 AM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Oh, so Flemeth was planning to leave as well. "So we can sit together, then," Sable remarked happily. Wasn't that nice? If Flemeth had been planning to stay for longer, then the seamstress would probably have ended up sitting alone. Just her and her shopping. Which would be alright, but it wasn't nearly as nice as having someone she knew and liked sitting with her.

Once at the docks, Sable paused to make sure she had her stuff all in order. There was a line for the next shuttle back to the planet, but it wasn't very long at all. "I guess we made it before the evening rush?" Cities down on the planet had them, too - a wave of people coming and going, on their way home. She assumed that it was the same for this big city, even though it was up in space.
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: Apr 23 2018, 06:21 PM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Looks like they were going to be riding home together. Flemeth thought that was excellent. Rides between the Citadel and the planet could take hours, depending on which shuttle it was you managed to book. Unlike a lot of humans, Flemeth could live for a very long time and so she didn't see spending several hours on a trip as a waste of time.

She could honestly ride the shuttle back and forth for probably a day or more straight and not necessarily be bored with it, even if she liked the train better than it. And, it looked like this trip was going to be better than most as she had company.

"Let's get in line then," Flemeth said, stepping over to it. A man looked like he was going to get in line but he stepped out of the way, indicating for the elderly woman and the hedgehog to be able to get in line in front of him. "Ohoho, thank you, young man," she said before stepping in line. She still had money in her pouch; she could easily pay for her ticket, and even Sable's if the hedgehog wouldn't mind.

Where Flemeth earned her money in this world... she kept that to herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 08:30 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Yes, they should get going before the line ended up getting too long. Sable wasn't sure how long she could stand still in one spot, waiting. It was very nice of the man to let them go ahead, and she gave him a polite bow as she and Flemeth passed him. The seamstress then waited, shuffling forward every time the line moved up.

It took them a few minutes to reach the front. The lady there rang up their tickets, and Sable had to shift her bags to hang off her arms so she could dig out her funds. She converted the price in her head and carefully counted out her Bells, then checked them over to make sure she had the exact amount. Yet she paused when the usual challenge of her height became apparent.

"Um, Miss Flemeth...?" she started quietly, standing on her tiptoes and holding up the Bells. "Could you please give this to her?" Sable didn't mind paying for things - it was her money and she worked hard for it - but trying to get her money into the hands of the right people was sometimes a challenge for her.
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 04:48 PM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


It didn't take them all too long to get to the front of the line. As they were clearly together, the lady rang both their tickets up together. Flemeth didn't mind at all. If she was paying or if Sable was paying, it didn't matter to her. The older she got, the least important money seemed overall. Of course, she didn't live the sort of materialistic life where money seemed to be required at all. She just had it most of the time because why not.

It looked like Sable was willing to pay for both their tickets, which was fine. Flemeth didn't mind at all. Apparently, though, Sable couldn't quite each the counter to hand the lady the money.

"Oh, I can do that," Flemeth said, taking the money - Bells, if she recalled correctly - from Sable and handing them to the lady. The lady - she was human, which almost seemed like an oddity on the Citadel at times - smiled and took the money, passing the tickets to Sable.

"Let's go," Flemeth said to Sable with a nod. She glanced at the times. "We have about a fifteen minute wait before boarding." Some people would be annoyed at the wait but having lived for several centuries, fifteen minutes felt like nothing at all.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 26 2018, 08:44 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Sable murmured her thanks when she was given the tickets. They had to wait about fifteen minutes, which she didn't mind. That wasn't a very long wait at all. The hedgehog moved off to the side and readjusted how she was carrying everything. Once the shuttle arrived and they were able to get on board, she could finally set her shopping down.

Before long, the shuttle did arrive and its passengers disembarked. After it was empty, the call came out that it was time to board. Sable kept close to Flemeth as they went over there. As they stepped inside, she looked up at her companion. "Where would you like to sit?" Sable didn't really have a preference. Sometimes, it was nice to sit by the window and look out at space, but whenever the shuttle ride got a little bumpy, she felt nervous.
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 04:43 PM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Flemeth hummed as she waited for the shuttle to show itself. Unlike waiting for the train, of which there was only one, the shuttles for the CItadel didn't take too long to get there and there were normally more going than one. It meant that getting from the planet to the space station was far easier. You didn't have to wait for the sole one to come, unlike the train. Granted, the shuttles had a far longer distance they needed to travel. If one was taking the train the same length of distance, you'd never get to your destination on time.

"There it is," Flemeth said with a nod. The shuttle landed, allowing people off first before they were allowed on to replace the load. Flemeth waited until the pushy people got on before she climbed onto it as well.

Unlike the train, which could get stuffy, the shuttle was cool. Flemeth had been told once upon a time this was some sort of thing called 'air conditioning'. She quite liked it, to be perfectly honest. Made things more comfortable.

"Let's sit here," she said, going to a vacant set of seats about midway down the shuttle. She took the window seat; she always liked looking out of them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 30 2018, 10:18 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Flemeth picked out their seats and Sable followed her to them. She waited until the mage sat down before she tried to figure out where to put all her shopping. There were compartments above their heads, but there was no way Sable could reach them. She didn't want to bother Flemeth, either, so she carefully stashed everything away underneath her seat. If they were down there, then she could easily reach them once they were ready to leave.

Sable then hoisted herself up onto her seat. Like much of the world, this shuttle was apparently designed for people who were tall like Flemeth. At least Sable was used to figuring out how to do things even with her short height. Once she was sitting, her feet weren't anywhere close to touching the floor, but she was comfortable.

An announcement sounded over the intercom, stating that they were leaving soon and requesting that everyone get to their seats.
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: May 3 2018, 11:44 AM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Flemeth's head may have been turned towards the window, but she was very much focused on who was coming into the shuttle. It was quite in her nature to be aware of all the people who were around her at all times. One could never be too wary with strangers. Or acquaintances. Or family, really. Her own daughter wanted to kill her at time. Damn near succeeded. Of course, Flemeth didn't die so easily.

Not that death would have stopped her from being on this shuttle, if the Goddess so chose it. Apparently, death wasn't a factor when the Goddess dragged someone into this life. How lovely for the dead.

"Comfortable?" she asked Sable once the hedgehog was settled in. If not, they could swap seats. She was sure someone on this shuttle would be perfectly fine with changing seats with a little old grandmother, unless they really wanted to be burnt to a crisp. Though setting someone on fire would likely call C-Sec over and make a scene... Oh well. She would certainly blame that on someone else.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: May 4 2018, 10:19 AM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog
POSTS:
126

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


When Flemeth asked her if she was comfortable, Sable looked up at her and nodded. "I'm okay, thank you for asking." She didn't have any problems with this seat. It was also durable enough that it wouldn't get punctured by her quills as she sat in it. That was one of the things she had to worry about since she was a hedgehog. It was quite embarrassing whenever she damaged a seat because of her quills. She did make sure to pay for any damages, though.

After the last of the passengers was seated, the shuttle was sealed up and the crew made their last checks. Then they were on their way. The shuttle lurched slightly as it left its docking station but afterwards, it traveled smoothly as it headed towards the planet. It shouldn't be a boring trip - it was interesting enough on its own, but this time, Sable had Flemeth to talk to.
PM
^
Flemeth
 Posted: May 6 2018, 12:56 PM
Quote

Magician
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Witch
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
???
POSTS:
154

Flemeth
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Sable was perfectly comfortable. Flemeth was glad. She would forcibly take someone else's seat if that made Sable more comfortable. She liked Sable, and she was more than willing to muscle her way to Sable's comfort. The people on the shuttle would just have to live with that. Setting the passengers on fire was always an option as well, though it would make for a very awkward ride home when they were put out.

"Good," was all she said out loud before she settled back into her seat. Boy, it was comfortable. That meant she would be quite content for the long ride. If there was something Thedas could have done with, it was comfier seats. No, being in this world, she knew Thedas was missing out on a lot of things. Really, she might have liked it here more than back home. Unlike many people, Flemeth had nothing against the Goddess' World and being pulled here.

At least, she had Sable here. The conversation was going to at least be pleasant on the way home.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV