CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Lions Off the Path, Open
Roy
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 11:26 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

"Litleo, wait up!"

For once, Litleo was listening, if only to turn around and call for Roy to hurry up. Roy jogged down the red brick path after his friend, stopping once he reached him. A gorgeous landscape expanded out all around them. It was a warm day with a clear blue sky.

For all its troubles, there really were some beautiful places on this planet.

Roy understood that quite well by now. While there were some places that were unsettling - or even just plain dark - there were also places like this, where he couldn't help but stop and admire the scenery. Makna Forest was the same, although in a different sort of way. Sometimes, if he wanted to forget about the world's troubles, it was enough to just be in a place such as this.

Litleo nudged his Trainer's leg and then bounded off the path, into the grass. "Hey, Litleo-" Roy started, although he didn't finish. The noble just headed into the grass after him. There was no excuse that he could find to stay on the path, while there were many reasons to head out and have a little adventure of their own.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 09:49 PM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

Wandering south of the valley had led him not to Threed, but to a gigantic flower field. That certainly hadn't been there before. Ness's eyes widened in awe as he took in the scenery and just how... fake the flowers and grass looked. The grass was unnaturally vibrant, as were the flowers, and it threw him off greatly.

And then he saw creatures hidden among the petals and foliage. Strange creatures, even by his standards. They looked... kind of like animals. Maybe he could communicate with them like he could animals on his world. A furry looking dog caught his eyes, reminding him something of his dog, King. A dog was always a good place to start.

'Excuse me...' he asked, reaching out to the dog like creature telepathically, 'What is this place..?' the dog lifted its head and considered Ness silently, but before it could answer, an odd looking lion cub crossed their path, with a man following behind it. Really what struck Ness most about the man was the armor he wore- like something out of the storybooks Tracey reads. While he gawked, the dog had moved over to sit beside him, 'This area is known as the Hill of Memories. And that's a trainer and his pokemon from the looks of it.'

Ness blinked in confusion, not knowing quite how to handle this new information. "I guess... I'm really not in Eagleland anymore.." he mumbled aloud. 'None of us are home, but maybe that other human can help you more.' The dog gave Ness a gentle nudge in the right direction, and Ness took a deep breath as he walked forward, "...Excuse me sir? I... Do you know what's going on?"

(the 'dog' is one of the three pokemon in the lilipup line, I'm not picky which.)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 11:26 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

The two of them wandered aimlessly for about a minute, just for the sake of exploring. Then Litleo suddenly ran off with a goal in mind, causing Roy to jog after him. It wasn't long before he could see where his friend was going - straight to a young boy and another Pokemon. It was a Herdier, if he remembered right.

Honestly, the number of known Pokemon was overwhelming at times. Roy could spend hours in Rosalina's library - his favorite place to study - and read nothing but Pokemon books, but there were still quite a few of them that he was unfamiliar with.

Litleo was already circling the boy and the Herdier, eyeing them curiously. That was normal for him - he really liked meeting others. Roy didn't mind, as long as he wasn't bothering anyone. Instead, he turned his attention to the boy. "Going on? Do you mean..." The noble smiled sympathetically. "I see. You just got here, didn't you?"

Roy wasn't surprised. Waking up in a new world without warning was how everyone got here.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 07:40 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Ness looked up at the man and nodded. He was starting to get a bit worried about getting back to Onett. "So I'm... I'm not home anymore, am I...? I thought since Saturn Valley was here..." he shook his head dismissively. Even Saturn Valley wasn't the same as he'd last seen it, so it made sense.. he just didn't want to believe it at the time.

"My name is Ness. What is this place?" Ness kneels down to the little lion cub with a small smile, holding a hand out for him to sniff at if he wanted. The boy was pretty fond of animals of all kinds, even if he was more of a dog person. Speaking of dogs, the dog from before had settled near him, similar to a guard dog. Perhaps it had become fond of him?

Ness certainly wouldn't complain about having a companion. He only hoped it wasn't as cowardly as King was. They could go home together, and King could have a friend. The boy's smile widened a bit. He could be positive about this.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 09:26 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Then this boy was from the same world as Saturn Valley? That must have been a surprise, finding it here with some changes. "I'm Roy, and this is my companion, Litleo." The young Pokemon sniffed at Ness' hand and let out a friendly mew. It was rare for Litleo to find someone he didn't like, and most of those were obviously up to no good - the bandits and Pokemon poachers they encountered on their travels, as well as any vicious creature who thought that the two of them were prey.

Roy was always quick to correct that assumption. Foes often fled when they realized that their quarry could fight back.

"This might sound strange... but we're in a world created from pieces of others." Literally. People have said that these pieces were physically removed from their worlds. Roy wasn't sure if Ness was even aware that Saturn Valley hadn't been in its proper spot for the past several months. The village did seem like one that was remote, out of the eyes of the public and receiving only occasional visitors. "You were whisked away to this place, like the rest of us. Most likely by the same entity who had pieced it together."

It might not be the news that Ness wanted to hear. Nobody liked being pulled from their home without warning and with no apparent way to return. Roy missed his friends and his homeland. He worried about his father, who hadn't been in optimal health for some time now and was undoubtedly worried about where his son had vanished to.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 05:18 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Litleo was a curious name, but it was clever at the same time. It was little and leo put together, and it made him smile. Ness gave an appreciative nod and moved to pet the lion cub as Roy continued on to talk about how he'd ended up here.

Needless to say it was an unpleasant thought.

"... I was going to check on Saturn Valley when I ended up here..." he offered. All he'd heard was that Saturn Valley was gone. Jeff and Dr Andonuts had taken an interest in it, so his friend had told him. His concern for the residents of Saturn Valley were what spurred him to want to look into it, and the day after he made the resolution, he had ended up there.

He'd been hoping he'd blacked out and was having memory issues, but he wasn't even on the same planet anymore. The boy gave a sigh. It wasn't a pleasant thought, but it made sense. A whole village couldn't up and disappear for no reason. It wasn't there because it was here, and the same could be said for him.

Ness pursed his lips. Whining wasn't going to change it, and he was probably lucky that Saturn Valley and the Mr. Saturns were safe.

"...There's no known way back, is there?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 09:46 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

"I'm afraid not. There are people who have been here for almost an entire year." If there was a way back to their own worlds, someone ought to have found it by now. Once the Goddess sent someone here, it was here they remained. Roy was uncertain what happened to the spirits of those who died here; as a mortal, it was beyond what he could know.

His thoughts went back to that night in Makna Forest. Him and his companions standing before a pyre, the spirits of the fallen family released and sent up to the sky. All he could really hope for was that they departed to somewhere far more kind to them. This planet had plenty of dangers.

Roy shook his head. It wasn't something he should be thinking about right now. "We're trapped, but I can't say it's been a terrible experience." Litleo glanced up at his Trainer and smiled brightly at him, which prompted Roy to smile back in return. If it hadn't been for this world, they wouldn't have met each other. They wouldn't have made all these new friends, and they wouldn't have gotten a chance to see all these interesting places.

The world they were trapped in had quite the silver lining, as long as one remained optimistic about the circumstances. Not everyone did.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 05:44 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Ness nodded, "... I figured that there wouldn't be. What would be the point of bring us here if we could just leave?" It made sense, really, but it was no less upsetting. His family would be worried about him, and he couldn't even tell them that he was okay. The boy let out a breath, trying to remind himself that he wasn't the only one in this situation.

He could get through this.

"I'm... not sure what to do from here." He never really left home without a purpose before. Sure sometimes he'd go out to play with the other kids, but this wasn't exactly Onett. The dog then gave a soft huff of a bark and nudged his shoulder, pulling him from his thoughts. "Oh, that reminds me... what are Pokémon?"

He recalled the dog had referred to Litleo as a pokémon, but he wasn't sure what that was. A breed of lion from some other world? Anything seemed plausible now that he knew other worlds were involved.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 06:23 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Ness wasn't sure what to do, now that he was here. Roy understood. Being sent to a new world without warning and without anyone you knew could be pretty overwhelming. Some lucky people were able to find their friends quickly, and then they could decide together. For others, it was a matter of wandering from place to place until they made new friends or found a new home.

Anyway, the boy asked about Pokemon. It made sense, since they were so common here, yet only one of the worlds represented here seemed to have them. Some other worlds apparently shared cultures, creatures and even countries. But Pokemon were unique, which could also be said of a few other kinds of living beings that existed here.

"Pokemon are a type of creature that live on this planet. I remember reading that there's over eight-hundred kinds." Roy looked down at Litleo, who nodded in agreement. "Litleo and Herdier here are two of them. Many people keep them as trusted partners and some even engage in battles, which is a normal activity back in their home world."

Litleo made a comment - he and Roy took on Trainers and their Pokemon all the time, and they were steadily getting better at it!
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 10:22 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

The dog was a pokémon too? Ness blinked and looked at the Herdier, patting her head gently. She looked like a regular ol dog to him, but he guessed that maybe normal things were special elsewhere. The thing that caught his attention most was that people battled with their pokemon. Even Roy did, apparently. Wasn't that kind of thing bad for the animals?

Ness reached out to Litleo, scratching him gently behind the ear, 'Is it fun? Do you like it?'
The boy didn't want to let how his world handled things affect how well he accepted other cultures here. He'd have to get in the habit of asking about stuff out loud, but for right now he was perfectly fine with just asking Litleo telepathically. After all, Roy implied he wasn't from there either.

Actually, where was Roy from? He looked like someone straight out of a story book. All knight in shining armor-y. Tracy would probably think he was dreamy or something if she saw him, and he couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"Um... Sorry if this is kinda personal, but what was your home like?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 10:55 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Litleo smiled in response. 'It's fun and I like it a lot! Roy's a good Trainer... he's really kind and he never pushes me too hard.' Some people were really rough on their Pokemon, and there were humans out there who thought of them as nothing more than commodities. In fact, the reason why he had met Roy was because the noble had found Pokemon poachers chasing him. At least something really good came out of it!

Roy had to think about Ness' question. It was clear that they were from very different worlds, and sometimes it was tricky to describe something that was normal for him to someone else. "My home is Pherae, which is part of the Lycian League, a group of territories on the continent of Elibe. We share it with several other nations... although, I'm guessing what you mean is how it compares to your home." The names of the land didn't mean as much as what went on there. Roy thought back to all those storybooks in Rosalina's library, and how most of them were from places like the sort he assumed Ness was from.

"We have castles, villages, mages and knights. Some of those knights ride not only horses, but also pegasi and wyverns. There are dragons, too, but not as many." True dragons, at least - the soulless, artificial war dragons had been quite numerous during the most recent conflict. Roy had been responsible for ending a good number of them.

"Not too long ago, the entire continent was embroiled in a war, due to a mad king's ambitions. It's over now and we have peace again."

'Roy said he was a general during that!' Litleo pointed out with his thoughts.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:41 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

A General? Magic? Dragons? Ness's eyes widened in awe; Roy really did seem to be straight out of a storybook to him, but things like that... They were just normal to Roy. Ness looked down, his expression scrunched slightly as he thought long and hard on how to describe his home in comparison to that kind of environment.

"For the most part... Eagleland has towns and cities. Villages are uncommon." The only two that came to mind were Saturn Valley and Tenda Village, actually, and in both cases the residents weren't exactly human. They were no less endearing, though. Ness found himself worrying over how the Tenda were now, but he reminded himself that he was trying to describe something, "There are some robots around, sentient plants and rocks, too."

Ness looked back up at Roy with a slight smile, "I was part of a war too, but I wasn't a general or anything. An alien called Giygas tried to destroy everything, and I was part of the group prophesied to stop him."

Maybe he'd explained poorly, but he couldn't think of much else to say. Roy had made it look easy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 04:16 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Roy listened as Ness described his own world. While he was familiar with robots by now - there were quite a few of them living on this planet - the closest to sentient plants and rocks he had so far encountered were certain kinds of Pokemon. There were likely other such creatures here. Maybe even around Saturn Valley, which he now knew came from Ness' world.

Then Ness said he had been in a war as well. Roy's eyebrows furrowed in concern as the boy described it. A prophesy against an alien. It almost sounded like Ness and his friends had no choice in the matter, and yet they had stepped up when the world needed them the most. Thinking it over, Roy nodded in understanding.

"When those bent on destruction appear and hope is lost... that's when a world needs its heroes." Roy looked out at the beautiful, peaceful landscape they were in. "Sometimes I worry that this world will also be one day embroiled in its own war - something far worse than the trials it's already gone through." Maybe it won't come to that... but who could truly say?
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 07:29 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

"Trials?" Ness looked up in slight confusion. He hadn't heard of any trials. Surely if someone decided to bring them here then that person wouldn't just make them suffer, right? On top of ripping them from their families, that would be too cruel. Ness crossed his legs in the grass, looking up at Roy inquisitively. Naturally he assumed that everyone would get along here from being stuck in the same mess, but was that not the case? Fighting amongst themselves...

The thought of that made him sad.

Very much hoping that wasn't the case, the boy petted Litleo absently. The love the little pokemon had for his trainer warmed his heart. He could practically feel it, himself. Maybe that's why he felt so relaxed around Roy? Knowing he's a good person certainly doesn't hurt. Ness let himself space out a little, thinking over what he wanted to say next.

"Well.. Nowhere is perfect." Ness said with a thoughtful look. His home had its pros and cons, as he imagined Roy's did. This world probably had a lot of inherited problems from the sum of its parts, but that didn't make it a terrible place. "I miss my friends and my family, but.." He gave a soft, sad smile, "At least they're still safe and where they belong. I can be happy with that.."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 10:34 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Roy opted not to explain the trials in detail, unless Ness decided to press the issue. It would take some time to explain the year this world had gone through, and he already felt like he pushed the conversation a little too far into the negative. He'd rather steer it back into a brighter perspective, which should be easy enough. It was difficult to continue dwelling on things at the sight of Ness interacting with Litleo.

"You're right." Nowhere was perfect. No nation, no world. It was the same with people, although Roy had never thought about it as a flaw. Studying in Ostia, then traveling all across Elibe... he had met all kinds of people, each one with their own personality, strengths and weaknesses. All of them unique and interesting. Without them, Elibe wouldn't be Elibe.

This world, too, wouldn't be the same without its inhabitants. Even though they sometimes clashed, or the Goddess decided to bring them a new batch of troubles.

"We miss those we've left behind. But here, we're moving forward, forging new bonds." Roy then smiled softly at his companions. "Just like what we're doing right now." A chance encounter often meant new friends. In truth, that was why Roy continued honing his skills. For those he met here, he would draw his blade. He would raise his claws to defend them, help them bring their conflicts to rest.

If that was what he had to do in order to help bring peace and stability into the lives of those he had grown to care about, then Roy would fight. It wasn't a perfect solution, and he'd much prefer a more peaceful approach, but this was something he could do. It was an imperfect world, after all.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV