CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Midnight Patrol, Open
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 11:19 AM

Wanderer
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline

Lifting the two bodies was not a hard job for Dovahkiin. Even with their poor state, he assumed they might have been underweight in life. He seen much poverty in his lifetime. Even in the city he chose to call home - Windhelm - there was far too much of it. He tried to assist where he could, but the rich always made sure that the gap could never really be closed. He knew his felow Nords were guilty of such things. If there was one thing he didn't agree with his race, it was that.

He carried the two bodies to the makeshift funeral pyre. It could never be what one would build one they had time, but it was what they had. "It's fine," he said to the young woman before placing both bodies gently together on the pyre. He made sure the body the boy found was also on the pyre as well, resting them all side by side.

He tried envisioning who they were when they were alive.

He could not.

Standing up and away from the small pyre, he cast Flames, shooting the fire to the pyre, though only just enough to light it. He was not a mage by any means; his magical skill was one of his weakest assets. But, he knew this much. He didn't know if the other two had to experience such funerals often, so he began a small prayer as he would at home.

"To the Divines, I call for you, though I am far from home," he began, bowing his head. "I seek your guidance for souls taken before their time. May your strength find their way to me, and to them, despite the distance between us.

"Lady Kyne, please lead them through the sky to your heavens. They were lost in nature to forces unnatural. The air is filled with their spirits. May their follow your light to where they may rest peacefully.

"Lord Stendarr, God of Mercy and Justice, may you find those who have taken these lives from the future they may have led, and may you strike justice upon their souls. Let not these pour souls die in vain. Let those who take the lives of the innocent feel what mercy they wrought from you.

"Arkay, Lord of Life, may you bless this passing. May this pyre of death be worthy of the souls it leads to the embrace of the after.

"My Lord Talos, your son calls to you. For if no other listens to the words of this Nord, may your light always find its way to me. May you take these souls I could not save and bring them to your mercy."

Dovahkiin paused, taking a breath.

"To those fallen, I am sorry, for I could not stop the injustice that has taken your lives. Know one day, we too shall fall to the name of death, and when that day comes, I will drink to your loss in the Halls of Sovngarde."

As he finished, the bodies were engulfed in the flames.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 12:07 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

They had gathered the bodies together upon a pyre of shattered wood and Makna branches; the Dragonborn ignited it and called upon his gods to watch over the fallen. Those alive stood there, watching the flames. Litleo sat in the space between his Trainer and the Zora, trying to process through his feelings. He never had to witness something like this before in the short time he had been alive.

Roy closed his eyes and offered a silent prayer of his own. Whoever this family was, they would likely never know, but he hoped that they could find peace, even so far away from home.

As he opened his eyes again, his gaze lifting up along with the rising smoke and sparks, he spotted three glowing lights swirling around each other. They spiraled upwards, as if pushed by the heat of the fire, beyond Makna Forest's towering canopy and into the night sky. On their way to somewhere no mortal could ever hope to reach within their lifetime.
PM
^
Mipha
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 07:41 PM

Spirit
OCCUP:
Champion
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Zora

Mipha
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

It was strange how, in one moment, everything in a day could change.

Just this morning, Mipha had been walking alongside a maid and discussing things about a castle, a ghost, and rumours. Now, she was standing outside in Makna Forest, with the Dovahkiin and a young boy and his Pokémon. It wasn’t a pleasant outing either, for they were hosting a funeral, for a family that had been tragically killed. The very spirits they had been investigating mere moments before could… hopefully… pass on.

Much like Mipha had hoped when Link had finally finished his journey, and yet, here she was. She hoped for greater things in the afterlife for this family, whose lives were tragically cut short.

Do you think they may finally rest in peace?” she asked her companions, as she watched the spirits rise up with the smoke. “I am unsure of what awaits them, however… I hope for the best for them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dovahkiin
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 06:41 PM

Wanderer
OCCUP:
Harbinger
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Nord

Dovahkiin
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline

Dovahkiin watched the spirits spiral upward out of sight. They were gone. Only the physical bodies remained.

"I think they will," he answered. They were people who did nothing wrong. They would welcomed to their final resting place when they reached it. And, thankfully, they were likely to reach it together.

"Someone needs to return to the castle," he said. "Inform them that the problem is solved and that there's a hole in that tower that needs to be fixed so anyone unwanted won't make their way in." He paused, watching the flames. They flickered on his helmet in any spots that were polished enough to still catch the light.

After a moment, he said, "I'll wait until its time and put the fire out." He glanced around the clearing they were in. "And I'll clean this up. Salvage anything that can be and bring it to the castle." If there was anything there that could possibly identify them - anything important that needed to be saved - he would find it and bring it back to the castle. They would know what to do with it.

--------------------
user posted image
we're the children of skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
and when sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies.
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 12:49 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Roy had to agree. This family was - as far as they were aware - innocent and died tragically, but at least they were laid to rest upon the pyre. For them, hopefully, peace waited. They would reach it together.

But now someone needed to return to the castle and inform the staff of what happened here. There was also the matter of the hole in the castle which they had used to leave the grounds. It seemed like the Dragonborn was dismissing the rest of their group, so he could stay behind and handle the rest of what needed to be done. To insist on staying would be similar to questioning the Nord's judgement, and Roy realized that he had reached his limit on how helpful he currently could be. When this had all started, he was already tired; staying now would only result in him being in the way.

Litleo let out a yawn, signalling that he had also reached the limit to his alertness and that he really needed to go sleep soon.

"I guess then that we should take our leave, Lady Zora," Roy said, glancing over to the lone spirit that was still among them. Litleo was already starting to head back, although he didn't get very far before stopping to wait for them. Roy went to follow him, pausing after a few steps and turning back around. "Good night, Dovahkiin. Have a safe trip back."

Hastily wiping off the blood on his hands with his cape - he would worry about it tomorrow when he had the energy to actually care - Roy caught up to Litleo and picked up the sleepy Pokemon, then continued on their way back to the castle for the night.
PM
^
Mipha
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 11:48 AM

Spirit
OCCUP:
Champion
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Zora

Mipha
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Mipha vaguely remembered the day that she had become a spirit. When she had been bested by the Blight of Ganon that had targeted her inside of Vah Ruta, it had been as if all the oceans had been stilled and silenced. She had been awash with sorrow and pain, for one hundred years, before she had been allowed to take form and walk once again along the water.

… But in the end, she was unable to see her father one last time, or see what kind of a Zora her little brother Sidon had become. What awaited her, beyond the rivers of life, when she passed from this life to the next? Was it truly an eternal rest? Or an adventure all on its own?

Mipha could not say for certain. What she did know was she felt a deep sorrow and regret for what this family had gone through. At least, however, she was able to do her part and allow them a final send-off, one worthy for them. They had been given prayers and were able to find their way where Mipha could not. And now, it was time for them all to leave.

Silent, Mipha nodded in acknowledgment to the boy as he left with his Litleo. She watched as the flames that surrounded her since the day she died slowly rose and danced, then turned, and vanished.

In a flash, she was elsewhere, hoping that better things awaited her in the world than another funeral.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV