CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Some Nighttime Reading, Open
Rosalina
 Posted: May 3 2017, 06:49 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

A small orb of light hovering over her head, Rosalina flipped the page of the book she was currently reading - an old hardcover, detailing the various myths of the Pokemon world.

Normally, she would read while sitting in the comfy chair in her library, or even in her kitchen. Tonight, she was sitting on the roof of her house, using a bit of her own power to conjure up some light so she wasn't reading in the dark. Further down in the valley was the rest of the village, their houses illuminated by their own lights. Towering behind her was her telescope, powerful enough to see into the far reaches of space, or at least as far as the Goddess would allow her to see.

Within the house, she could hear her children, talking and playing, some even getting ready for bed.

It was quiet outdoors, the air cool. Saturn Valley always had an air of peacefulness to it, especially at night. While many of the village's residents were drifting off to sleep, Rosalina often found that she did some of her best reading at night. It was also a time to reflect and think deeply about the ways of this world, its Goddess, and what purpose she had in bringing all these people and places together.

For all her knowledge of the cosmos, this was one mystery that Rosalina had yet to find answers for.
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Aug 2 2017, 12:13 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Tron didn’t often wander out of Radiant Garden.

When he did, it was usually for some sort of errand, and this time was no different. He’d come with a couple of acquaintances as one of them was researching various parts of the world – the historical parts, she had explained. White was always fascinated with the history of the different parts of the world, Tron had noticed. She frequently asked questions regarding Radiant Garden. A thirst for knowledge was always good. He just worried that it might take her places that weren’t safe.

In this case, White had desired a look into the Saturn Valley on the second continent. She had also decided that, upon her tenth visit for yet another debugging of her poor laptop, Tron didn’t get out much, and needed to experience more of the world. Tron had tried to say that he was perfectly content where he was, but no sooner had she said that, had he found himself being dragged right out of town. Along the way, they had run into the Red King herself, someone that Tron had known since she had arrived, and she had accompanied them purely out of wanting to join them.

The boat ride to the second continent was the worst ride that Tron had ever experienced. A Solar Sailor was not the same – one didn’t feel the effects of the motions of movement as remarkably as one did on a boat on the water in the Analog World. It hadn’t sat well with Tron and his sensory disturbances he suffered from time to time.

Regardless, they had made it to Saturn Valley, and White had run off to do what she did elsewhere. That left Tron in charge of the little Red King, Anna, and when she had fallen asleep, he wasn’t sure what to do. So, he decided to step out. In the night, he glowed remarkably, the different circuitry patterns on his body shining in their trademark bright blue.

Saturn Valley was very peaceful – more than Radiant Garden, he’d have to say.

And, it seemed, he wasn’t the only one out this late. He could see the distant orb of light hovering over a woman that appeared to be reading a book. He was approaching in that direction, he hoped he didn’t disturb her as he wandered by.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 12:25 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Rosalina was aware of the stranger that was approaching, although she didn't look up from her book. Strangers were welcome in Saturn Valley, provided that they didn't stir up any trouble. It didn't seem like he was here for that, so she was content to leave him be, unless he went up here and addressed her personally.

She wasn't the only one who had spotted him down there, however.

"Look at that guy!"

"He's glowing!"

"Who's he?"

"Move over, I wanna see!"

While Rosalina couldn't see them from her spot on the roof, she could imagine what her children were doing - piling up on top of each other as they tried to get a glimpse of the stranger through the window, their faces all squished up against the glass. Smiling slightly at the cute image, she conjured a comet-shaped bookmark and tucked it into the pages before she closed her book.

She would have liked to get some more reading done, but there was a chance that she would have to do some crowd control, if the Lumas all decided that the view from the window wasn't enough.
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 04:28 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron

Saturn Valley was certainly a strange place. The creatures that were the main inhabitants of the town were the most curious little things that he had ever seen. They waddled about, with their big noses and their strands of hair, and their bowties. He had to wonder how they had gotten anything done around this place. How were the buildings made? The furniture, the food they ate?

They perplexed him – he hoped that White could puzzle them out into something that made sense. His brain was certainly not compatible with their ideas.

Tron’s attention was changed from the architecture of the village to the sounds of what seemed to be small children catching notice of him. Tron stopped walking and looked around, before spotting what seemed to be… stars. The thought was certainly a confusing one. He found himself tilting his head at the sight, not sure how to properly react.

The stars came in what seemed to be a variety of colours and sounded no older than children, their voices dripping in curiousity. Tron could see them as they tried to look through the window to watch him as he stood there, still and watching back.

“Hello,” he offered the little star children.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 12:05 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

At that moment, one of the Lumas had found the latch of the window and undid it. Suddenly, an entire rainbow flooded out of the house as the children flew out and towards the stranger, circling him as they chattered away in excitement.

"Hello, mister!"

"You're really glowing!"

"We haven't seen you before!"

"Is this your first time here?"

"Welcome to Saturn Valley!"

A smaller Luma, this one red, slowly floated out the window as well, but instead of heading over to his siblings, he flew up to the roof. "Mama... I'm sleepy..." he mumbled, dropping into her lap. Rosalina carefully picked him up and, carrying both the Luma and her book, she floated off the roof, landing gently in front of the door.

She was going to tuck in her little one first before returning to the rest of her children. It didn't seem like she had to intervene quite yet.
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 04:36 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron

The strange children were on him in moments, surrounding him in a glorious sea of phrases, questions, and glowing lights. Tron had to take a moment to close his eyes and reorient himself, having been momentarily thrown off, but thankfully, he was well over the sensory overload he had suffered on the way there. With a calm smile, he made sure to lean forward just enough so he could look at them all very closely.

“Yes, hello. Thank you for the welcome,” he began. “This is my first time here. I usually stay on the first continent, in Radiant Garden.” Thankfully, thanks to Vivi, thanks to Anna, he was well used to dealing with children by now.

Where he had come from, he had been the only remaining program. The only one left after the MCP’s rise of tyranny. Child programs were not possible, either. He had been thoroughly lacking in the social department by the time that Sora had arrived, and since arriving here, had never interacted with anyone younger than Sora before. It was all so new and fascinating for him. The concept of ‘children’ had merely been a topic of research before this.

“I apologize if the glow of my circuitry startled you,” he continued. “You see, that’s essentially my lifeline and status. It tells you I’m okay, and who and what I work for.” Tron decided not to elaborate. He’d learned by now he had a tendency to over-explain things, as Anna had been so helpful to bluntly state on the way here.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 11:11 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

The Lumas said a collective "oh", before going back to their barrage of questions.

"Radiant Garden's really far away, isn't it?"

"So that's why you glow?"

"That seems really helpful!"

"But why are you blue, then?"

"Why do you even have circuitry?"

"Are you a robot?"

"I believe he's a program," Rosalina answered as she reappeared behind the Lumas, having tucked her little red one in bed. The Lumas in front of her parted to give her space to step forward, some chiming "Mama!" as they floated off to the side. She gave the stranger a warm, yet subtle smile. To her, having a program visiting the village wasn't unusual at all; many of the people she had met in the past, even before she had arrived on this planet, could be considered more unusual than he was.

"I apologize if my children are bothering you in any way. They can get quite excited when they meet someone new." Especially if there was something interesting about them that drew their curiosity.
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 05:23 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron

Not long after offering an answer to their questions, the little star children had even more for him. Soon, he was a little overwhelmed, before a grand woman in light blue appeared, stating the truth. He wasn’t a robot, but a program. She was the first to guess right on the first try. It was curious, no one else had ever come up with that upon meeting him. Most assumed he was a robot.

“Oh no, they’re not bothering me. It’s good to have a touch of curiousity,” Tron stated, glancing away from the woman and toward the children. “They’re all good questions.” He tilted his head at them, offering a smile. “Radiant Garden is very far away. This is the furthest I’ve been from it, actually. I’m blue because I work for the Users.”

Tron then figured that it was probably a good idea to actually to introduce himself. It was only the polite thing to do.

So, with that, he straightened, smiling at the woman and her children. “My name is Tron. I’m a security program. I work for Radiant Garden, and keep it safe.” Now, typically, he did that job from inside the main computer system nested a way in the castle, but the Goddess corrected that fact. “It’s a pleasure to meet all of you.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Aug 12 2017, 11:52 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

An "oooh" came from the Lumas, but this time, they tried not to bombard Tron with a bunch of questions at once, likely since their mother was now present. Rosalina wouldn't have minded, but at least she could now use this time to speak. "The pleasure is ours," she replied, offering Tron a polite curtsy. An observant person may have noticed that her feet weren't quite touching the ground tonight. "My name is Rosalina. These children are young stars known as Lumas."

"Pleased to meet you, Mister Tron!" piped up the children in one collective voice.

Rosalina had heard that security in Radiant Garden has improved as of late, undoubtedly due to Tron's efforts. "My family and I once traveled the cosmos. For now, however, we reside here. I protect this area from outside harm, with the help of a young man who lives on the farm just down the road."

There were many dangers living on this planet, and the Mr. Saturns of this village were incapable of defending themselves. So, Rosalina had taken it upon herself to protect them. They were now part of her family, after all.
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 07:16 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron

Rosalina and her Lumas were quite polite, the mother of the stars immediately replying that the pleasure was theirs, and giving him a curtsy. He blinked at the sight of her feet popping out from her dress. She wasn’t exactly touching the ground – seemingly floating above the ground, similar to a Bit. It was a mystifying thing for him to notice, but he wasn’t going to dwell on it.

He had no right to judge people, after all. He’d learned there were all kinds of Users. Not all of them were the same as Programs were. He listened as she explained what she had done before her and her children had been brought to this World. Traveling among the Cosmos had sounded like a wonderful trip, far grander than sailing across the Digital Sea that he had once done with Sora and his friends while fighting for the system against the Master Control Program.

“It’s wonderful to know that you protect this area from harm,” Tron commented once Rosalina had explained what it was she did in this small place. “I’ve only been here for a short while, and I know that the creatures here… the Mr. Saturns, correct? I know that they lack efficient means to protect themselves.”

How they crafted the buildings here was a large mystery – they lacked any possible ability to defend, to attack… the thought of such defenseless creatures worried him. Bits were similar – they were small particles of code, only able to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to respond to a demand, or a phrase. Mr. Saturns could only wobble about, somehow make coffee, food, and do their daily lives. But they weren’t forceful creatures.

But, at least they had Rosalina, her family, and the young man down the road.

“What would you do, when you traveled the cosmos, if I may ask?” Tron decided to ask, wanting to learn more about what it was that she had done.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 09:43 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

"The Mr. Saturns, in a way, are the very definition of innocence," Rosalina commented with the slightest of smiles. "Unless someone seems very threatening to them, they shall welcome them with open arms... figuratively, of course." There were also many creatures roaming this planet that would love to have the Mr. Saturns for lunch. Fortunately, the village was located deep enough in this canyon that it was often overlooked by the more malicious beings.

She thought Tron's question over for a moment, since her responsibilities before arriving on this planet had been quite extensive. "We traveled the limitless expanse of space, visiting galaxies and planets, learning about lives that are far different than ours. Time occasionally resets itself, and ripples of previous actions result in different outcomes. I ensure that nothing disrupts the balance so far that it might cause the cosmos to collapse on itself.

"However..." Rosalina added, closing her eyes, "...I was not expecting a Goddess with such power to appear and create a world like this, so I may have failed in that particular matter." Her children immediately jumped on that remark.

"It isn't your fault, Mama!"

"Nothing bad's really happened yet!"

"Yeah! If it was really bad, then we would've been sucked into a big black hole by now!"
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 10:49 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron

The very definition of innocence, she had stated. Tron couldn’t find any means to disagree, and softly, he offered a nod in response. As far as he had seen, the creatures loved everyone who came to their small village. Rosalina and her children had been welcomed with glorious love, even allowed them to settle down here. White was being allowed to poke around, to stick her pen and paper everywhere she could. Anna and Tron himself were given free reign.

In the system, this would have never been allowed. New programs were interrogated for their purpose and sent on their way. Everyone was expected to work, every microcycle, no rest, no peace. Since coming to this world, Tron suddenly had a lot of time on his hands. He didn’t entirely know what to do with all of it, but he was certain that he’d figure it out in time.

Rosalina had other things on her mind, and Tron tilted his head at her words. So, she considered being sent here a failure? Tron could understand that line of thought. He recalled how he had felt upon waking up in the laboratory, staring at the sight of the very computer he had previously inhabited.

“I find that it’s no one’s fault that they are here. It was an unexpected turn of events for everyone,” Tron stated. “There’s no point in claiming guilt or pointing figures at others, when there is still so much in this world we need to work out.” True, there are mishaps, true there are people missing dear friends, or family. Anna even worked in the department of locating missing persons, but she could only do so much. Tron had, in a sense, gained new friends in the entire mess. He wouldn’t necessarily count Oogie, his roommate as one, but Vivi, his ward, certainly was.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 09:05 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

It wasn't really anyone's fault. Rosalina knew that, and yet... she felt like if she had been aware of the Goddess' existence beforehand, then maybe she could have done something to safeguard the cosmos. It was something she had thought about time and time again, but perhaps Tron was right. There was still so much about this world that they had to figure out and so far, nothing really terrible has happened yet.

What was the Goddess planning to do with this world of hers?

"You're right..." Rosalina said, opening her eyes as she turned to look up at the sky. Countless glittering stars shone brightly overhead. "We are here, so now it is up to us to make the most of it." The Lumas perked up once they knew that their mother was feeling better - they liked it when she was happy and wasn't thinking too hard about things they have yet to learn about!

"Besides..." she added, looking back at Tron, "everyone has something they can do while living here." While the passage of time felt differently to her than it would to many others, she still had goals like they did. "I still have to introduce this world to one of my favorite pastimes from my home planet... I promised my first friend here that I would."
PM
^
Tron
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 11:04 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Security
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Program

Tron

Rosalina was correct – everyone had something that they could do while they were staying in this world. Tron had his job in Radiant Garden. White had her investigations, her research into the history of each location. Anna was rebuilding her clan and was now running her own café in Neo Domino City. Rosalina was protecting the Mr. Saturns of Saturn Valley.

There was much more, too. Now Rosalina was discussing the potential of bringing in one of her world’s pasttimes. Tron’s world didn’t have much to offer in pasttimes – they were all bound by a task, and didn’t have much for free time. What counted as ‘games’ was often a form of brutal torture forced upon them by the Master Control Program. He couldn’t entirely relate, but he had since learned that many worlds outside his own had something to offer for a form of cheerful entertainment.

Like dancing, for example.

“We don’t have much for pasttimes where I come from,” Tron told her. “But I’ve since learned that there are many kinds of entertainment… I’m sure people will be thrilled to learn about yours. I can’t say the same for me, but I can see a few being excited about such things.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 09:05 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

"Yes... I hope that one day, the result of this promise would provide fun for everyone from all kinds of worlds and galaxies." That was Rosalina's wish. If they were to stay here for as long as the Goddess willed it, then she hoped that she could at least contribute to the world, as well as to the good memories of others. She wanted people to enjoy themselves, have one more thing to look forward to. There was so much trouble on this planet, so if she could ease it, even by a little bit...

"My project is almost done, in fact. Faster than I had expected, since I have so much help." The Lumas, the Mr. Saturns and their neighbors. Just as important were those who, while they didn't live right in the area, were willing to drop in whenever they could to help out with certain things. Each person added their own personal touch to the project, so she felt like it wasn't just her project anymore, but everyone's.

"I believe we should be ready to open our doors by next year." As long as everything continued to go as smoothly as it currently did. But for now, the project gave Rosalina something to focus on. She... honestly wasn't sure what she would be doing now to pass the time if it wasn't for it, actually. This gave her something to do besides the usual day-to-day things she always did with her family.

But enough of that. "Surely you have something to do in order to pass the time, Tron? Besides your work as Radiant Garden's guardian."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight The Games
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Simple and Clean DW

OHaV