CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Like a Sore Thumb, Open
Rosalina
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 11:44 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

This was, Rosalina supposed, not a place one would expect her to be.

She drifted from room to room, a bright light against a dreary backdrop. Something intangible hung in the air - neglect and disrepair, with hints of the shadows that prowled this place, laying in wait, ready to stalk prey from the outside. Like her, perhaps, but they hadn't made any move against her yet. Maybe they were waiting for someone more helpless.

Rosalina wasn't lost. She came here on purpose, having heard so much about the dangers waiting in here from the travelers who stopped in Saturn Valley. The village she now called home might just be the safest place on the planet, but the rest of the Eastern Continent had its dark secrets. Places that only the brave and the foolish dared to venture. She had come to see the dangers for herself.

She left no footprints, nor did she make a sound. As if she was a ghost of someone who had entered this place and never left.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 05:05 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

Part of his job as a ranger necessitated him to be familiar with and able to survive in even the most hazardous areas of the region he was assigned to. That meant that he'd have to explore the Iron Canopy at some point. Kellyn saw no better time for it than now.

The nigh monochrome colors of the surroundings in addition to the webs spread intermittently throughout gave it a rather eerie feel. The Top Ranger felt almost as he did when faced with exploring the deepest caverns of Chroma Ruins where Spiritomb waited as guardian. It was a very dismal place, but Kellyn was used to such places to a degree. It merely put a damper on his usual enthusiasm, resulting in more of a solemn respect as he walked through with his little cluster of Friend Pokemon. Somehow he felt as though there were spirits here, and not just ghost types.

The Leafeon he had with him brushed against his leg once more for comfort. He had been walking very close to him Kellyn since he spotted the first spider web. Grass types traditionally had many things to fear, with many weaknesses, however the only things that seemed to scare this intrepid Leafeon... Were bugs. Kellyn gave him a gentle smile, "Hey, It'll be alright..." He assured, only taking his focus off the Leafeon to look over at Vaporeon bounding ahead to discourage the newest pokemon, Lycanroc from wandering off without him.

Lycanroc seemed to be a bit more energetic than the others in his care at the moment, but it didn't particularly strike him as odd until he noticed that Lycanroc wasn't just wandering, he appeared to be attempting to track something. There were no footprints, so he wasn't sure what it could be that he had noticed. It startled him a bit when he noticed a woman in the room Lycanroc had stopped in front of, he hadn't heard a sound.

"Hello, miss." He greeted softly, holding Pachi in his arms. He had an inkling that she may be a ghost... but she didn't look like an angry or vengeful one from how she held herself.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 01:16 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Rosalina had been listening to far away sounds. Something was on the prowl. It was nowhere near here, however, and she left it be in order to pay attention to the young man who had found her. She had made no effort to conceal her presence to others, but she hadn't been expecting to run into anyone, either. Like certain other areas on the planet, most people avoided this place. Some of them even pretended that it didn't exist at all.

"Hello, young Ranger." She knew who he was, if not his name. Her home on this planet had a grand library, filled with books from many different worlds. Rosalina spent a great deal of time sitting in her armchair, reading and absorbing knowledge. Most of the people from the Pokemon world she had met were Trainers, but she knew quite well that not all the humans from there lived a life of training and battles.

"If I may be so bold to ask... perhaps you are here in search of something?" It would be easy to say it was Pokemon, but no, Rosalina doubted it was that. It didn't have to be tangible. Knowledge, perhaps, or even answers as to why the Iron Canopy was like this. Or maybe he was here for the same reason as she - to see the dangers for himself. To confirm that they were real and not simply nightmares.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 10:47 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn couldn't help a surprised blink when she addressed him as 'Ranger'. He had certainly never met her before, so how did she know what a ranger was or what they looked like? No one he'd come across aside from those from his world had known without him telling them first, so this caught him a bit off guard. As such it took him a moment to actually process that she had asked him what he was doing there. Maybe she hadn't heard all about what Rangers did if she was asking that.

Giving her a smile, he placed a hand on his chest, "I'm here scouting the area and getting the lay of the land. A ranger needs to know and be able to work in every part of their assigned region." Letting his hand fall back to his side, he added, "I also heard that this place is pretty dangerous. I figured I may have to come save people or pokemon from here at some point. I should know what I'm getting into beforehand, don't you think?"

Pachi chittered on his shoulder, looking curious about the strange woman, and regarding her with some caution. In all honesty, Pachi was more cautious than he was in most situations, and it had saved his butt a couple times, so he wasn't about to chastise him for it, though he did give his partner an affectionate pet to hopefully placate him for the moment. No need to come off as suspicious of her. She looked nice enough.

"Oh, my name is Kellyn by the way. what's yours?"

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 10:33 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Ah. Preparation for potential challenges down the road. "One who flies into an asteroid belt unprepared risks an unplanned collision," Rosalina nodded in approval. She had a few friends on this planet who could benefit from planning ahead before rushing into danger. They did plan, somewhat. But they were more likely to make their plans up as they went, adjusting them whenever something new entered the equation.

"My name is Rosalina. While this is not a place I usually venture, I wanted to see what lurks within these abandoned rooms for myself." Nothing that prowled this place was known to venture outdoors, so it posed no threat to her family. Still, that could always change and Saturn Valley might find itself attacked by spider creatures one day. She had vowed to protect the area she now called home, no matter what.

The Pachirisu who was with Kellyn apparently wasn't sure what to make of her. Rosalina couldn't blame him - she certainly was strange, for a human. Or did she even count as human anymore...? It was a thought that crossed her mind from time to time.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 08:58 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn blinked in slight confusion at what he took to be a saying from her world. The meaning translated fine, he just wasn't exactly familiar with flying in outer space, let alone through an asteroid belt. He guessed she did seem a bit otherworldly, but so did most people here to him. Kellyn gave her a bit of a smile once more as the strangeness wore off, "A pleasure to meet you ma'am."

The young Ranger gave the area a glance and hummed, "I've yet to run into anything just yet, but from all the webbing, I'm going to assume its some sort of spider like creature." Unlike some, he really didn't mind bugs. Kellyn actually had a little Kricketot back in his world, at home on the farm. Even so if there were malignant spider creatures, he'd have to prepare himself for that. Rangers were far from fearless, and giant spiders were freaky when they were angry.

Considering her reasoning, Kellyn gave a nod, "I can see how it would be an interesting place to look around, I just hope you'll be careful." Of course she likely wouldn't casually stroll through if she didn't think she could handle it, but it never hurt to be cautious.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 12:42 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

It was faint and only lasted a short moment, but Rosalina smiled at Kellyn's remark. "I can try." There was very little living on the planet that could seriously harm her. But there could always be a nasty surprise waiting for her to drop her guard. This planet had quite a few surprises in store, she knew. The Goddess really did seem to like curveballs...

"I have yet to see the creatures that they say dwell here," she added, glancing over at the doorway. "But I have heard them. It's possible that others have moved in as well." Some creatures roamed the planet and whenever they found a place that suited them, they took up residence there, even if that place wasn't from their planet. Wild Pokemon thrived in the canyon in which she now lived. The Mr. Saturns had commented that those Pokemon weren't a natural part of the environment.

It was the same with people, Rosalina supposed. She and her children had only moved into the village when the Goddess brought them here. The story was the same for many others.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 08:45 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

"Pachi says he can smell pokemon in the area." Kellyn added in response to her stating the possibility of other creatures moving into the area. To his knowledge this wasn't from anywhere pokemon normally lived, but he imagined ghost or dark types might like it here, along with bug types, of course.

Kellyn looked down at Leafeon who was hiding between his legs and smiled gently, "And this one is scared of bugs, so I'm hoping this is a fairly uneventful trip for his sake." As much as he knew coming here was necessary, he didn't like dragging Leafeon or really any of his friends places they don't like. Pachi was a veteran of going places like this, but the others? Not so much.

"Well, since we're here for similar reasons, would you like to explore together? Its safer than being alone at least." Kellyn gave her a cheerful smile as he suggested it, Pachi giving a chitter of approval.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 11:37 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Rosalina understood why the Leafeon was scared of bugs. She had no doubt in her mind that the ones that lived here would be absolutely terrifying to it. All the more reason to remain out of their sight. Some would surely deem an uneventful trip as boring - pointless, even - but there was still something to be gained from such a visit.

When Kellyn suggested that they explore the place together, Rosalina nodded. "I'm sure your Leafeon friend would feel more reassured with an extra pair of eyes to keep watch. Since you're here to study the layout of this area, perhaps you should be the one to lead the way." The Ranger's goal here was more important than her own, so Rosalina would prefer for him to decide on where they were going. It was easy enough for her to get a good glimpse of the place while following along.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 07:19 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn gave a smile as she agreed to accompany him. It was his belief that everything was better with company, and he had no shortage of that. Still, he did like the presence of other humans now and then, and Rosalina seemed like she'd be fun to talk to. Especially since she knew about rangers! Speaking of...

"So how did you hear about Rangers?"
Kellyn asked, letting Vaporeon take the lead, "Most people assume I'm a trainer or otherwise just don't know what a ranger is... I was surprised." It was a pleasant surprise at that. Pachi crawled up his partner's arm and perched on his shoulder, keeping her in his sight. He looked more curious than cautious now, having deemed her not an immediate threat. From the look he was giving Rosalina, Kellyn could roughly figure his buddy felt similarly.

"Heh, looks like Pachi is curious too." Kellyn gave the electric rodent a little scratch behind the ears as he walked

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 06:48 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Now they were on their way, with Vaporeon leading them. Rosalina went with the group, moving smoothly and leaving no footprints, or even footsteps. The topic turned to her knowledge of Pokemon Rangers, and she eyed Pachi for a moment before responding.

"No matter which galaxy I'm currently in, my love for reading has been a constant factor in my life. Once my family and I have constructed our home, I set about gathering books for our library. Many of them hail from different worlds, yours included." And Rosalina did find space for all these books. If she needed more shelves, she simply made them and rearranged the library until everything fit. There was so much in there already, but it was still so spacious that it could keep a group of readers sitting comfortably for quite some time.

"It also helps to have a Pokemon Trainer for a friend. He can be quiet at times... not to mention guarded. However, we have a shared interest in fast vehicles, as well as the competition that can surround them. It wasn't long before he warmed up to me and started speaking of other things."
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:20 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn remained smiling as he listened to Rosalina speak, but for the sake of their safety, he remained vigilant and wasn't able to keep looking at her for long. Every now and then Pachi's ears would twitch, and Kellyn made sure to pause so that he could listen for danger before continuing on. "A library, huh? I'm fond of reading, too. Though I suppose you can also say that record keeping is a hobby of mine as well."

He kept several very detailed logs on his styler, the Glossary and Browser to name a few. While the Browser updated certain things automatically such as the names, he was often in charge of filling out notes and where to find that certain species of pokemon. Unfortunately all of those particular logs were now incorrect seeing as he was no longer in Almia. He had half a mind to transcribe them so that the data for Almia was recorded elsewhere and he could start fresh for this world. Maybe if he found someone good with technology he could just add a second Browser specifically for this world, but he wouldn't get his hopes up.

Kellyn thought over her words about her pokemon trainer friend and tilted his head a bit, being distinctly reminded of Wes. The poor guy had a lot on his conscience and Kellyn was far from judging him for how he acted. "Hey, Is that trainer's name Wes by any chance?" He supposed it could easily be someone else, but it would be nice to meet a friend of a friend through a coincidence like this. Kellyn enjoyed little things like that.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 09:55 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Rosalina supposed that a Ranger like Kellyn would have plenty of reasons to keep records. "If you and your friends ever happen to find yourselves in Saturn Valley, feel free to seek out my house. I'm certain my books would be most helpful to you." There was plenty of knowledge about this world stored upon the shelves of her library. She already had a few friends who visited frequently in order to discover something new.

Including the Trainer they apparently both knew. "It is. Wes, the young man from Pyrite Town... he seems to take solace in working on machines. He's been quite helpful." They each had their own reasons for working on this project, but the main reason was one they shared: their mutual friend, Lloyd. "After the day's work is finished, we normally go out for a race. Currently, he's one win ahead."

Rosalina intended to even the score, even if she planned to use her D-Wheel next time. There were still a few tweaks she needed to look at... she wanted those ironed out before she requested a duel from Jack.
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Mar 28 2018, 07:42 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Apparently Wes was fond of mechanics and racing. He figured that made sense considering they nearly crashed into each other when they met. He wasn't sure where that weird Surfboard thing was, but it looked cool for certain. Perhaps he'd been practicing for a race that day? Kellyn smiled softly at the thought. He liked knowing people were pushing forward and doing things they liked while here. Making the most of it.

Kellyn gave a hum, addressing her offer, "I believe I've been to the valley already. A boy named Morgan took me there to fill me in on what happened when I first arrived. I don't remember seeing you when we arrived. Maybe you were out that day. Either way, I would love to visit your library sometime."

Come to think of it, he couldn't remember a time he'd stopped to do something he did for a hobby since he started at the Ranger School. He'd been so focused on becoming a ranger for so long now that it just kind of ate away at his free time. Not that he'd had any since he became a top ranger, but still.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he took a break now and then? Of course he'd still keep on top of his work, though. The job of a ranger is never done.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Rosalina
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 05:20 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Mother Star
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
???

Rosalina

Morgan? "I wonder if he made any progress with his memories..." Rosalina said, mostly to herself. She had encountered the young tactician in a castle far from here, across the ocean waves. Morgan had amnesia and together, they browsed the library for anything that could help him. She had to wonder if he was able to remember anything about his life since then...

"You're quite welcome to drop by at any time," she then replied to Kellyn, this time speaking a little more clearly. "Even if I happen to be away, some of my children are likely to be home... they're certain to let you in." After they mobbed him first. The Lumas were highly curious, especially if it's something or someone they have never seen before.

A distant noise caused her to shift her gaze that way, although she continued walking. "It seems that something is stirring..." It was probably for the best interest of the Pokemon they were with to avoid it, but she left that to the young Ranger she was currently with.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV