CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 Ocean Travels, Open
Maki
 Posted: Sep 25 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Water streaming endlessly from the pink gastropod shell she was riding, Maki zipped over the ocean, heading back west towards her home.

Bored and in need of something to do, she had went out again, this time visiting the Eastern Continent for a time. Now that she was bored of that place, she was heading back. She didn't need to hitch a ride on a ship or anything like that, because she could fly. Not that she would take a ship, anyway - they were usually filled with smelly humans who had no idea how to swim.

Why humans thought they were the dominant species on the planet, she had no fucking idea.

Maki took her shell down closer to the water, causing it to spray up behind her as she flew past. The last time she had gotten so close, some big fish leapt out and tried to have her for lunch. (She promptly put the finned punk back in its place. Painfully.) Compared to a lot of other places on the planet, Sabaody Archipelago wasn't that bad. Or annoying. It was infested by pirates, but at least that was more interesting than having it filled with a bunch of do-no-wrong heroes.

The mollusk stood up and balanced on the shell as she took it higher into the sky, passing straight over a deserted island.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Well.. this was not where Kay was supposed to be.

She turned around to look at the boat that had left her here. It was already a long distance away. Kay bit her lip as she stared after it.

"Well," she murmured, "At least, I had a free ride." She shrugged. Sometimes, that happened when you got your services on the cheap. You ended up on a deserted island. But, Kay wasn't going to dwell on that little fact, oh no. It was perfectly fine that she was supposed to be delivering the package that she currently had tucked under her arm. It was a piece from the mechanics shop that she worked at in Santa Destroy. Someone had ordered it, special and all that. And, she was supposed to bring it to them.

But, of course, that hadn't turned out quite how she had wanted it to because the boat guy who had offered her a free ride to the island clearly had gotten his coordinates wrong. That was fine, it happened. She wouldn't blame him. He was nice enough to offer the ride to begin with.

"Just think of it like Castaway," she said to herself. "Just not like ten years long." She was sure if she wasn't even home by the end of the week, Sami would come looking for her. She'd probably shoot some guys. She had a lot of guns and all that.

Kay just needed to know what to do until she could get off. Maybe she had cell service. She pulled out her phone, holding it up so she could see the screen. Hm, no bars. That blew.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 11:24 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Wait. Was that a human down there?

What the hell was a human doing down there?

Maki rolled her eyes and changed her flight path, descending towards the island. About ten meters from the ground, she circled around a few times. Yeah. A human. Clearly not a sailor and having absolutely no business being out here in the middle of the fucking ocean. The boat that was departing told the mollusk some of the story, but not enough to justify leaving a girl out in the middle of nowhere.

She wasn't sure who she needed to blame - the one in charge of the boat or the new castaway.

Deciding that she could spare some time - this might be good for a laugh - Maki descended further, zipping past the girl before landing a short distance away. "Hey, lady!" she called, immediately shifting to her cute persona, "what are you doing all the way out here? It's not safe for humans to be out here by themselves!" It better not be some dumb human reason, or she had half a mind to just abandon her here to be picked up by pirates. Or sharks.

And sharks don't mess around.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Nov 3 2017, 03:05 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


The question Kay needed to ask herself was how she was going to get off this island, and hopefully before the day was out, but she had something else in mind to think about because someone was heading her way. The person heading her way was coming from the air, and that was kind of super cool.

Oh, what was she doing out here? That was a pretty easy question to answer.

"I was supposed to deliver this package," Kay said, showing it to the small girl. Why was she so small? Kay had no idea, but she was flying on what looked like a shell that was keeping her up with water, and that was pretty cool too. "The guy on that boat," she pointed out the way the boat was disappearing to, "said he knew where the address was and then he dropped me off on this island. I don't think this is the right island."

Or, maybe it was. Maybe there was a house somewhere on the island that she hadn't been able to see just yet.

She didn't like to think that the guy might have lied to her and abandoned her somewhere where she had no way of getting home.

"I'm Kay, by the way," she said, giving the small girl a smile. "I don't suppose that there's a house somewhere in this house somewhere." Maybe? Hopefully?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Nov 6 2017, 10:37 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Oh, a delivery. Made sense, Maki supposed. She tilted her head and touched a finger to her chin in a thoughtful gesture. "I didn't see a house on this island... but the island I passed just a few minutes ago had a big house right in the middle of it." Maybe that was the island Kay was supposed to bring that package to?

Too bad that dumbass boat captain had already sailed off without seeing this through. Honestly. Who the hell just drops off a girl in the middle of nowhere without seeing if she got to her destination first? Lousy good-for-nothing!

"I'm Maki," the mollusk then added, walking over to Kay while carrying her shell. "And it looks like you're stranded, but I'm sure things will work out! Would you like some help?" Kay should really accept the offer. Who knew when the next boat would sail past this way. Days? Weeks? Months, even. Kay might be dead by then.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 06:30 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Oh, so there was apparently another island nearby that had a house on it, and that was probably where she was supposed to go, and that was probably what the guy who had brought her here was thinking of but he had somehow missed it. That was definitely believable, yep. Kay wasn't one to question it because she could definitely see it as something that happened.

"Nice to meet you, Maki," she said, sounding a lot more cheerful than a girl in her situation should probably be. She didn't have to worry as much now because she Maki had even offered to help her out. That was really nice of her! Kay hadn't been expecting it, to be honest, because she knew not everyone was willing to help others out when they were in trouble. It wasn't necessarily because they were awful people either; it was more because some people were just super busy or didn't have the means to help. And, that was okay!

"Help would be really nice!" she said. After a moment's pause, she bobbed herself down in a bow, a polite one like the ones that her mother taught her to do. It was seen as a symbol of being polite in her home country. Sometimes, she forgot about stuff like that since she was just so eager to go, go, go. Sometimes, though, she did remember.

Kay shifted the package to her other arm because her first arm was starting to get sore. She had been carrying it for a while.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Nov 23 2017, 12:26 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


At least she was a polite girl. Maki could approve of that. Some teenagers were just too rude, and she wouldn't want to waste her time helping any of those ones out. But Kay? She would help Kay. It wasn't exactly her fault that she was out here to begin with. The mollusk was putting all the blame on that boat captain. If he had a change of heart and came back while they were still here, Maki was making sure he never did such a stupid, reckless thing ever again!

Now, how was she getting this girl off this island and onto the island she was supposed to be going to?

"I can fly on my shell," Maki said, "but it's way too small for you to ride on it!" Obviously. But she was doing her cute and innocent thing right now, and explaining things sort of helped. "If we can find something for you to ride on, as well as rope or something like it, then I can tow you across the ocean!" There had to be something around here they could use. Islands had a lot more resources on them than most people thought.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Nov 24 2017, 05:54 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Maki was going to help Kay, which Kay thought was the best thing ever, especially right now. She knew she wasn't going to be able to help herself in this sort of situation. Kay was resourceful like many a teenage girl, but there were some things that a person who was inexperienced just couldn't figure out on their own. This was definitely one of those times for her.

She readjusted the package she was carrying. Even if she couldn't deliver it right this second, she was still going to hold onto it and not let go if she could. She was going to get it to the requester eventually. Just not right now.

"Something I can ride on?" Kay asked, tilting her head quizzically. That could both be anything here and nothing here, as she had no idea what exactly was on the island with them. But, she was perfectly capable of looking for something.

She set the package down on the ground in front of her - completely contradicting her previous thoughts without even thinking about it - so she could roll up the sleeves of her jacket. She picked it up almost immediately afterward.

"Let's go look," she said before taking off further into the island, a purposeful stride in her step.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Now they were getting somewhere. Maki followed after Kay, zipping along on her shell. There ought to be something here they could use. Probably from one of the many trees that were growing on this island, but there might be something man-made that they could salvage. Like part of an old boat, or even a surfboard. They just needed something that Kay could sit on and keep her balance, and something that Maki could pull her along with.

It wasn't long before she found the latter.

"Oh, look!" Maki jetted over to where a bunch of vines were draped on a tree. "We can use these for a rope~" There, see? That was incredibly easy. Now they just needed that other thing. They had to make sure that it was stable, so it wouldn't tip over and Kay wouldn't drown.

Well, Maki would rescue her if that happened, but it would be nicer if they could just prevent it from happening altogether. Rescuing drowning humans was a severe pain in the ass.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 06:01 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


It was pretty cool, honestly, to check out the island. Kay was always up for checking out a new location. Because her team at Saunders was one of the best in the country, it meant they were able to have tankery matches around the world. She had been to a variety of countries whenever they competed, whether at worlds or at nationals.

She didn't get to walk through what seemed like a tropical island, though. They rarely had matches on islands, small ones at least. Sure was from an island, since she was from Japan, but you didn't even know you were on an island then. Having tankery matches on an island was really flipping hard. There wouldn't be a lot of space to move around in. And, one really, really, really didn't want to go rolling their tank into the ocean.

"Sweet!" Maki had found them something they could use as a rope. Kay jumped up and grabbed one of the vines and pulled it down from the tree branch, testing it to see how strong it was. It was pretty thick, and it seemed like it wouldn't be ripped by her weight. They were going to have to see for sure later, but it would definitely be what they were trying to use.

She continued looking. Stepping away from the trees, she found what looked like broken pieces of a boat. It wasn't a full boat. Maybe they were pieces that fell off during a crash or wreck or something. Either way, Kay found a piece that was the size of surfboard. It kind of looked like one too.

"How's this?" she asked, propping it up so Maki could see.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 10:42 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


The vines were strong. Good. They don't want flimsy vines that ripped the moment a human girl pulled on them. What kind of vine that size would rip like that? Stupid, flimsy ones that don't deserve to survive!

But these vines were perfect for what they needed them for.

When Kay found something they could use for the other half of their plan, Maki zipped over to her. She and her shell circled around the girl a few times as she studied the piece of wood. "It looks sturdy..." she said. "I think it should work. It doesn't look like it'll break apart while you're on it!" That would lead to problems and unnecessary annoyances.

Maki went back to the vines and used her blade to cut off a decent length, slashing at such a speed that it was impossible for most people to see. She then grabbed one end of the makeshift rope and pulled it over to Kay. "Now we just have to rig it so I can pull it, and you won't fall off it."
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 09:55 AM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Kay was glad she had made a good choice when she had picked out what was essentially going to be her surfboard. There wasn't a whole lot of choices on this island, but this board was sitting there, practically glaring at them to use it. It was like it had been placed here just so Kay was able to use it to help her get off the island. The Goddess was smiling on her today. What a nice goddess. ...Maybe. Sort of. The Goddess acted crazy most of the time, but she rarely involved Kay so Kay didn't have a whole lot of personal beef with her.

She was hoping to keep it that way because she had heard of some of the things that the Goddess did to people who openly interacted with her. She had missed Calamity and that had turned out to be a bit of a blessing. Calamity had sounded like a wild time, and Kay wasn't sure where a regular school girl fit into it.

Though she did have a tank that she could load with live ammo, so maybe she wouldn't have been so helpless during that time.

Kay carried her board over to the water after she had taken the end of the vine rope from Maki and set it down. She held on tight to the vine with one hand while keeping her package safely secure in the other, as she didn't want to lose it. Then, she stepped onto the board, testing her weight on it. It didn't so much as creak. Good.

"I think I'm ready," she said to Maki.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Maki looked both Kay and the board over, then gave a few tugs on the vine. Hmm... this should work. She smiled, mostly for Kay's benefit. "Okay! I think we're both ready to take off!" There wasn't much else they could do with it, so they just had to go for it and hoped everything went as well as they wanted it to go. The one problem she could see with this was the possibility that something out there would mistake Kay's board for food.

If anything did, then it was in for a world of pain!

Making sure she had a good grip on the other end of the vine, Maki launched her shell a bit higher, then moved away from the shore. She didn't go very fast to make sure that Kay remained on her board. So far, it looked good - the board was floating and not tipping over. It better stay that way!

"Make sure you hang on tight, okay~" Maki called to Kay as she picked up a tiny bit more speed. Then she started to turn towards the direction of the island that she assumed was the one that Kay had to get to.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
158

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Whoa! Kay wasn't expecting the large lurch her board made when Maki finally took off, puling Kay behind her. Kay, however, was able to hold on and keep balance. She had been water skiing before. It was one of the many fun activities her team had tried out during their summer camps together. Kay was a firm believer that they shouldn't just stick to tankery when they did their summer camps. It was good for teamwork if they tried other things together. Kay hoped whoever her successor was would stick to that way of thinking. It would be a damn shame to change it!

"Roger that!" Kay called up to Maki. Her voice was pretty loud; she was sure that Maki was able to hear her speak.

Kay hoped there wasn't any sharks hanging out there below, though. She had heard that they were prone to attacking surfers because they thought it was a fish or something. If Kay was a fish, she sure hoped she was a fast swimming one!

Kay was hanging on tight, too. Just like she had been told to. She wasn't going to let go!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Maki
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 10:59 AM
Quote

Non-Human
AGE:
Unknown
OCCUP:
Yakuza
ALIGN:
Chaotic Neutral
SPECIES:
Mollusk
POSTS:
123

Maki
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Things were going smoothly. Maki doubted it would last. Sure enough, they passed a tall dorsal fin in the water, which immediately started trailing after them. Maki glanced back before picking up a little more speed.

"Don't look now, but there's a shark behind you!" Or Kay could look. It didn't really matter as long as the girl was able to keep both her hold and her balance. The shark chased after them, probably assuming that Kay's board was food. Maki kept Kay a safe enough distance from the big fish, giggling as it lunged out a little too late to catch anything besides air.

"Aww, look! It's trying really hard to eat you~" Wasn't that sweet? Too bad it was way too fucking slow to keep up with them! Hah!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight
F/BC

OHaV