CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Simple Enough to Mend, Open
Sable
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 09:31 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

Honestly, she should be relaxing, rather than finding stuff that she could mend. But near the end of her trip to the bathhouse, she found that she couldn't leave without offering help to both the staff and visitors here.

Sable held up the jacket she had been given. Through the large tear in the back, she peered at the teenager who owned it. The Pokemon Trainer smiled sheepishly in response.

"Can you fix it?" he asked. Sable nodded and spread the jacket out on the small table that they were sitting around. She examined the damage, although she could easily guess what had caused it in the first place.

"...did a Pokemon do this?"

"Yeah. Not one of mine, though. A Fearow came by and tore it up with its beak. I got away from it before it could do any more damage, but it wouldn't stop chasing me! My Liepard drove it off." The Trainer then frowned. "I know Fearow can be really aggressive, but man, this one was aggressive. The look in its eyes was scary. I think there's something wrong with it..."

Sable looked away from the tear, concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I have a light scratch on my back, that's all. Guess I'm lucky."

The seamstress felt relieved - she didn't want to see anyone get hurt at all, but she knew that this world was far more dangerous than her own. Yet she still traveled, wanting to see it with her own eyes. "It's a big tear, but I should be able to fix it up. It's going to take a little while."

"That's alright," the Trainer nodded as he stood up. "I'll be back later. Thanks, Sable!" Sable waved to him as he left the room, then turned her attention to the jacket. Time to get to work.
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Feb 25 2017, 03:34 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline

Was a bathhouse the safest place to put a fire? Probably not. Luckily, Calcifer wasn't just a fire anymore. He was a falling star, and he was able to switch forms if he really need to, tiring or no. It wasn't like when he had been attached to Howl - after he had eaten Howl's heart and all - where he was attached to the hearth in the castle in his fiery demon form. Now, he could choose.

Even so, he preferred being a fire. A fire who was currently in his travel lantern and being pulled around by a Wooly in a wagon. It was the most ideal way to travel for Calcifer, if he wasn't being accompanied by his companion and roommate, Aden.

The bathhouse he had come across - which apparently was owned by someone by the name of Yubaba, though she wasn't in this world at the current time - was an interesting place. It also gave Calcifer some odd feeling of deja vu, though he had obviously never been here before in his life. It was like it was familiar to him, but not familiar. Not in the sense of him having ever actually been here, but that it reminded him of something. Something he just couldn't really put his finger on.

Anyways, they were talking a stroll through the bathhouse, seeing as Calcifer couldn't actually take a bath. His Wooly - he had named him Wilson because why not - had got distracted by a room and pulled Calcifer in. From the angle, the demon couldn't see what was going on.

"What is it?" he asked, curiously. Something had clearly caught Wilson's attention.
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Feb 26 2017, 12:25 AM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

Sable had cleaned up the edges of the tear, and now she was looking through her many spools of thread for a matching color. She picked one up, pulled some thread from it and examined it, then placed it against the jacket to see if it was a match.

Perfect.

Before she could go ahead and thread her needle, however, a noise made her glance up from the table. Some kind of sheep creature had wandered into the room, pulling a... lantern on a wagon? And inside the lantern was a fire with a face.

The hedgehog was silent for a moment as she tried to figure out who they were. Spirits, maybe?

"Hello." Were they even from the bathhouse? "Can I help you two?" Help was the reason why most people came to her, although she wasn't sure how her sewing skills could possibly help these two. The sheep looked warm and cozy in his wool, and she assumed that a fire wouldn't need clothing. The fabric would just burn...
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Mar 3 2017, 03:26 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer

Wilson had wiggled his way into the room, his small nose sniffling as he tried to figure out what was going on in the room. Calcifer could only partially see what was before them - Wilson partially blocked out his view, though that really wasn't much of an issue - but what he was sure was that it was something he might have actually saw in his own world, considering that magic made a whole lot of things possible where he came from.

A hedgehog sewing. That was what Calcifer saw. Yep, he had seen odder.

"Hello," Calcifer said pleasantly as Wilson rolled him over. The Wooly was getting right close to the hedgehog, trying to see what it was she was working on. He was being incredibly noisy right now, but Calcifer didn't really do much about it. Wilson was just going to be that way; he wasn't actually being disruptive either, so he was pretty sure it was fine. "I don't know if you can help us. Wilson just wanted to see what you were doing."

Calcifer was able to get a better look around from the angle he was sitting at now. It was a nice room.
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Mar 13 2017, 12:14 AM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

Sable had gotten the thread through the needle, but she didn't start sewing just yet. The sheep - his name was Wilson - was rather close to her and her work, and she didn't want to prick him by accident. She waited patiently for him to satisfy his curiosity, although she leaned back a few times whenever he got too close. She wasn't used to having someone so nosy be this close to her.

"I'm going to repair this jacket for its owner. It's a large tear and he couldn't fix it on his own." Sable thought he was lucky to escape the Fearow's attack without serious injury. The damage was clearly done with a super sharp weapon - a beak, in this case.

She had been getting a lot of these - clothes damaged by sharp objects. Not only from warriors, but from travelers, too. Sable did know how to mend such tears so it would seem like the clothing had never been damaged in the first place. It took time and effort, but she was quite proud of her work and happy to help those who need it.
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 11:16 AM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer

Calcifer figured that she was doing as much. It looked like she was trying to repair something, and apparently it was a jacket. Calcifer couldn't sew himself, but he had spent a lot of time watching Sophie repair stuff for Howl., Markl and the witch. Markl was the only one of them, Calcifer was sure, who would be willing to try and sew things himself, but he probably wasn't too good at it. Besides, he didn't think that Sophie minded having to look after them all that much.

"Come on, Wilson, get your nose out of the way," Calcifer said. He couldn't actually make the Wooly do what he wanted, seeing as he was stuck in a lantern of all things, but Wilson moved back away so the lady hedgehog could get back to work. It didn't look like she found Wilson annoying, but it would be better to get him out of the way, anyways, so he wasn't slowing down her progress.

Wilson trotted back over to Calcifer and sat down next to the wagon, using one of his paws to scratch at an ear before yawning. Calcifer thought he looked kind of adorable.

He looked back up at the hedgehog lady. "I'm Calcifer, by the way," he said, politely. It was important to introduce one's self. Sophie wouldn't have been pleased with a lack of manners from him.
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Mar 14 2017, 10:23 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

Once Wilson had moved away, Sable had the room to actually start her repairs. She made sure the jacket was straight and the edges of the tear were aligned, then she began to sew, her stitches tiny and precise. She only looked up when the fire introduced himself; the hedgehog nodded and introduced herself in return.

"I'm Sable. Pleased to meet you both." Her eyes went back to her work and she was fine with things being quiet. It was how she normally worked, although usually, she didn't have company. She should probably give them something to talk about. What should she say?

"What brings you to the bathhouse...?" she finally inquired. Sable hoped that Calcifer didn't mind her asking. Maybe he lived and worked here, although she wasn't sure. If he was a guest, then this seemed like an odd place for a fire to visit - getting wet by accident was a real possibility here.
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 10:56 AM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer

Wilson had shuffled a little on his bottom to get closer to Calcifer. He leaned his head on the wagon and watched fire, almost like it was entertaining in some way. Some way that Calcifer couldn't fathom, but he was a fire so it was hard for him to figure out why people just liked staring into fires. He glanced at Wilson and made a face at him, which caused the Wooly to be delighted.

Calcifer looked back at the hedgehog, who had introduced herself as Sable. That was a nice name. Calcifer couldn't say that he had ever met a Sable before, but he was also stuck in the hearth most of the time. It wasn't really the type of situation where one could meet new people or anything like that.

"I'm a type of spirit too," Calcifer said, looking up slightly at her. "In a manner of speaking. I guess it's how you define spirit. I'm a star that kind of fell from the sky. I'm better now, though." After the whole debacle with the castle falling apart and Howl having to swallow him to get his heart back, Calcifer was pretty sure he was back to normal now. He wasn't even sure if he could be still considered a demon. He didn't think so. He didn't like being a demon anyways. It wasn't as nice of a word as star.

"I just thought I'd come check this place out," he continued. "I can't get around without help, though, so Wilson had to come with me."
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 10:13 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

Oh, so he was a spirit? Just a different kind of spirit than those who lived here, Sable assumed. There were different kinds of spirits living in this world, although she didn't pay too much attention to the details. Much of it was stuff that only confused her.

But she kept an open mind. There were both good and bad spirits, and she was happy to meet friendly ones during her travels.

"It's nice that you have a friend to help you. Is Wilson from your world, too?" she asked, glancing up only briefly to see the sheep in question. Sable had met sheep before, but none of them looked like that. She wondered what kind of world he was from, since he clearly wasn't from hers, as far as she could tell.
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 04:52 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer

Calcifer looked surprised for a moment. Did he and Wilson looked like they came from the same world? Well, maybe. Sometimes, it was odd to try and figure out just who and what was from any one place. He supposed there was something that might have matched between Calcifer and Wilson, but it wasn't true. Besides, maybe he and Howl didn't look like they belonged in the same place.

Howl didn't look like he belonged anywhere. Wizards were funny like that.

"Nope, Wilson's from a completely different world than myself," Calcifer replied, answering Sable's question. He shifted his flame, growing a little shorter but sticking more of his fire out to the left side. It was almost like he was leaning, his flame touching the glass. He stuck out one of his arms, using it to help prop himself up. "He is from the same world that my roommate's from. We live on a farm together. On his golem." Wilson made a noise, causing Calcifer to add, "Ymir. The golem's name is Ymir."

Wilson seemed pleased at the addition.

Was this all odd things for him to say? He didn't think so, but he had come from a place where he lived in the fireplace of the most feared wizard in the land, where he often had bacon cooked on his face.
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 09:05 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

It was nice that Calcifer had friends from different worlds. Sable did, too. It didn't seem so strange after a while. Maybe she was so used to it by now - people from different worlds dropped by the boat whenever she was working. Meeting those who lived in different worlds was simply a normal occurrence on this planet. She was doing that right now.

"I see. He looks a little different than the sheep I know, so that's why I asked..." Sable scrutinized her work. She never wanted to return something she repaired until she was certain that it was perfect. Yes, she was causing more work for herself, but she always wanted to make sure that she was sewing at her best. The Able Sisters valued quality at affordable prices.

"Where is your farm? I live in Raftfleet, all the way out in Makna Forest." Sable was happy that the Flying Pussyfoot existed on this continent. She wasn't sure if she would've been able to travel was much as she did otherwise.
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Apr 4 2017, 07:53 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer

Calcifer was surprised to learn that Sable lived in Raftfleet. He had heard about that place, though he had never been there. In fact, this was his first trip over to this side of the world. Until now, he had simply stayed in his safe zone on the other side, often near Aden because it was simply easier to be around someone who could move with more ease. Sure, Calcifer had feet and hands, but they weren't as convenient as one might have thought.

But, then again, Raftfleet was a town built on boats and it was on a lake. And Calcifer was a fire. As much as he was a star now, it was easier to be in his fire form and water was still deadly to him. He would rather avoid falling in if he could.

"We have our farm in Saturn Valley," Calcifer replied. It had been a nice place for them to set up, and Calcifer actually really liked it there. It was also nice having conversations with the Mr. Saturns, as they didn't tower over him the way that humans typically did. Not that it strained his neck or anything to have to look up, seeing as he didn't actually have a neck unless he attempted to form one with his fire.

"If you're ever in the neighborhood, you should come visit," he added. Having visitors to the farm was always nice. There had been a time where Calcifer wouldn't have thought so, but he knew he had to make the best of this place since Howl and Sophie weren't around, and being nice to people was a start there.
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 09:28 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

Saturn Valley? That was one of the more safer places on the planet. Sable had never heard of anything bad happening there. Raftfleet was almost the same, except that it was on a lake in a forest filled with dangerous creatures. Fortunately, the presence of Sagiri and the Prince seemed to keep most of the trouble out.

"Oh, I would love to. Maybe next time I'm over there..." Which might not be for some time, but Sable couldn't say for sure. She was going to keep the farm in mind, though. "If you ever find yourselves in Raftfleet, please feel free to drop by. I'll make something nice for you."

She wasn't sure if Calcifer could even wear clothes, but she could make Wilson a scarf, or something like that. It didn't even have to be clothing. Maybe there was something she could make for their home. Hopefully, if they did come visit, Calcifer would be careful when moving around the town. Sable wouldn't want him to fall into the lake!
PM
^
Calcifer
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 10:55 AM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
House Fire
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Falling Star

Calcifer

Oh, going to Raftfleet would have been dangerous, but Calcifer might have taken Sable up on that offer. Going around was something he felt was necessary. This world wasn't exactly like his own world and he needed to venture out and learn about stuff. It was always nicer to know people where they were going, and Sable seemed like someone who wouldn't mind a fire and his Wooly staying with her for a short visit.

He would promise not to burn the boat down, either. He would stay secured in his lantern.

"If we stop by, we'll come visit," he said.

There was some noise outside of the room, and that caused Wilson to perk up and look towards the doorway. Calcifer also turned himself in his lantern to see the doorway. From his position, however, he wasn't able to make anything out.

"Is something going on?" he asked out loud, though he doubted anyone in the room with him would know the answer.
PM
^
Sable
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 05:38 PM

Non-Human
OCCUP:
Seamstress
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Hedgehog

Sable

Sable gave the jacket one final check to make sure she fixed it up properly. Now all she had to do was get it back into its owner's hands. She could go out and look for him, but it was probably easier if she just waited here for him to drop by. Before she could think further on it, however, she heard something outside of the room.

She couldn't tell what it was, and that was enough to make her feel concerned. The others had heard it as well, with Calcifer asking if anyone knew if there was something going on.

"I'm not sure..." Sable hesitated before speaking again. "Should we take a look...?" If there was a problem out there, she wasn't sure if she could help.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight The Games
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Simple and Clean DW

OHaV