OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline

Mei stepped out of the cab, giving the driver her fee, before turning to look at the city around her. New Marais. She had never been there before, but she wanted to visit. When he was visiting the Axolotl a few days ago, Jack told her the city was like New Orleans in a way. Mei had New Orleans in her home world - her home world and Jack's seemed like they had a lot of similarities, such as both of them being from Japan - and it was one of the foreign cities that she thought of as interesting. She wasn't much of one for traveling before, but this was something she just did in this world.

Besides, she couldn't go to school here. She might as well look around and enjoy herself.

Mei started down the street. Now that she was here, she wasn't quite sure where it was she was supposed to be going. American cities were so much different than Japanese cities and Yomiyama City was a rather quiet, if dreary, place to be. This place wasn't exactly upbeat, but it was lively from what she could tell.

"I should have had a plan," she murmured to herself with a soft sigh. It also looked like it might rain at any minute. She didn't mind the rain since she wasn't one of those girls who cared if their hair got wet, but it was possible she might catch a cold if she got soaked.

Oh, she really didn't think this trip soon.

Then, a store caught her eye. It was a pet store, and Mei couldn't resist pushing the door in and going inside. She wasn't an animal person in general, but she was still a teenage girl. She couldn't resist looking at fluffy, cute things even if she knew she could never in a million years properly take care of one.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:47 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Rhyme had gone to New Marais next and was exploring there. After her adventure with real ship Captain Faris and his wonderful crew, she was due for another one, this time in a simple pet store. Ring Tone had become quite interested in the baby bunnies that they had on display, examining them through the cage with wide eyes as Rhyme watched the fish swim about in the tanks.

“Are you here just to look?” asked the clerk, smiling at Rhyme brightly. “A lot of children come in here just to look at all the pets we have on display.”

“Yeah, I like looking at them,” Rhyme confirmed. “But also… do you have any treats for Pokémon? I’m running low on stuff for Ring Tone, and she does like her treats every once in a while.”

The clerk paused and became thoughtful. “I have started keeping a stock on Pokémon treats ever since New Marais was brought here… I don’t think I have any up front so, let me check in the back and then let you know.”

“Thank you!” Rhyme chirped as the clerk stepped into the back with a wave, and moved her attention to the birds that making a noise in the corner of the store. That was when someone new stepped into the store, a girl with an eyepatch. Rhyme smiled up at her as she stepped in.

Ring Tone, meanwhile, redirected her attention from the bunnies to the girl, happily chirping up a greeting.

--------------------
user posted image
current team:
user posted image
PM
^
Mei Misaki
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 05:36 PM

Student
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki

Mei stepped into the pet shop. It was nicely air conditioned in here, which she expected was to make sure the pets would be comfortable. Every animals - like reptiles - that needed to have some heat probably had heat lamps at their specific tanks. As long as they had that, the cool air in the rest of the store was perfectly fine.

It took Mei a moment to realize she was being watched upon entry into the petshop by a young girl and a Pokemon, who greeted her arrival. She was pretty sure it was a Pokemon, anyways. She hadn't been exposed to many outside of Wes and Black's teams personally, though she had been to Mt. Moon before and seen a fair few while she was there. She might have seen this one before; she wasn't sure.

"Hello," she said. Her voice was soft, and she hoped they managed to hear it. Did they work here? Where she was from, girls that were roughly her age - she assumed since the girl looked it - only worked in family businesses. She wasn't dressed like a regular employee, anyways. It made Mei wonder.

"Is it open?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder. She was pretty sure she had seen an open sign on the door. Maybe she was wrong... It was going to be super embarrassing if she just let herself into a store without permisison.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 02:33 PM

Civilian
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Raimu "Rhyme" BIto

At least the girl was nice, or at least, seemed so. Rhyme’s smile widened at her greeting and nodded when she asked if the store was open.

“Yeah, he just went to the back to see if he had any Pokémon treats for Ring Tone,” she explained, “My name’s Rhyme! This is my Sylveon, Ring Tone.” Rhyme figured that it was likely very easy to come to that conclusion, especially after the explanation on where the clerk had gone, but she still wanted to introduce her properly all the same.

She found herself wondering what the girl was here for. Maybe it was just to look at cute things, like her and Ring Tone, aside from treat-shopping, which Rhyme found she did quite often. Perhaps it was time to cut back? She gave Ring Tone lots of treats back when she was an Eevee, and honestly, had never stopped even once she had evolved. It had never even occurred. But she knew that it could cause problems…

Ring Tone was a very pampered Sylveon, and it was likely very noticeable.

--------------------
user posted image
current team:
user posted image
PM
^
Mei Misaki
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 04:20 PM

Student
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki

Thank goodness, the shop was open. Mei would have been really embarrassed if she just let herself into a shop that wasn't open. She would likely have turned scarlet and probably bolted. As a rather shy kid, she came with two instincts when she was embarrassed - freeze on the spot and stop responding, or run away so she could go somewhere she was more comfortable and avoid this location for as long as humanly possible. She was really glad she didn't need to do either of those options.

The girl introduced herself as Rhyme, which Mei thought was a rather odd name, but she didn't comment on it. Coming to this world, she learned lots of people had odd names because that was just how things were where they were from, and Mei wasn't one to question that. For all she knew, her home world would be incredibly weird to some people.

The girl also introduced her Pokemon companion, a Sylveon. Mei couldn't say she heard that name before, but she was still learning about Pokemon. She could admit to herself

She indicated herself before saying, "I'm Mei." She didn't give much more of an introduction before she didn't know what else to say about herself. She was just a girl; that was all. She glanced around the shop for a moment before asking Rhyme, "Are there bunnies here?" She kind of wanted to see bunnies the most.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
 Posted: Apr 19 2018, 12:38 PM

Civilian
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Raimu "Rhyme" BIto

So, the girl’s name was Mei? It was a pretty name – and sounded Japanese. Rhyme couldn’t say that she knew people back home with the name, but she liked it. She offered a smile to the girl as she took to glancing around the store, clearly in search of something… Which she then asked about.

Hmm. Bunnies? Had Rhyme seen bunnies while she was looking around? Oh! That was right, Ring Tone had been looking at some not that long ago.

“Ring Tone, you were looking at bunnies, right?” Rhyme asked her trusty Pokémon. In response, the Sylveon perked up immediately, before rushing over to a wide cage with little piles of fluff all over the inside. Rhyme knelt beside it, tilting her head, before one pile suddenly straightened – and it was revealed to be a little bunny.

Rhyme turned back to her new friend. “Here they are, Mei!”

--------------------
user posted image
current team:
user posted image
PM
^
Mei Misaki
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 08:31 AM

Student
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki

This shop was a lot of bigger than the pet shop they had in Yomiyama City. It was quite possibly because people in the City didn't seem to have many pets to begin with and a lot of people would probably prefer to go to Tokyo for them. There are was much more variety there. Yomiyama was just one of those quiet, gloomy cities. Not a lot happened there.

Or, well... the things that happened there were the sort that someone hoped didn't happen in their city. Mei heard of more funerals occurring there than she remembered ever hearing of anywhere else. Several of her classmates passed away in accidents. Their class was significantly smaller now, going towards their graduation.

She wondered if anyone back home thought she died as well...

"Oh." She heard over to where Rhyme and Ring Tone found the bunnies, kneeling down beside the pen. They were so fuzzy and cute in there. Mei wanted to pick one up and cuddle it. She bet it felt really soft. A small smile came to her face just from looking at them. How sweet they were. She could see why people wanted them as pets. Why wouldn't someone want something so fuzzy and cute?

"Are we allowed to touch them at all?" she asked. It would be really nice if they could.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
 Posted: May 17 2018, 08:34 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Raimu "Rhyme" BIto

“You can touch them, that’s fine.”

Rhyme looked up at the sudden voice and found a different person standing at the counter than the one that had gone to get her Pokémon treats. This man was probably another employee, and he came over to the cage with the bunnies to open the door and gently take one of the babies waiting inside. With a smile, he held one out to Mei, before taking one for Rhyme to take as well.

“They’re so cute,” Rhyme commented, as Ring Tone sniffed the one in her hands gently. “I wish I could get one, but I don’t really have a place I could put him. Ring Tone and I kind of bounce around a bit between who we're staying with…” Sometimes they would stay with friends or Joshua. Sometimes Talho would watch over them and drop them off elsewhere.

But she did wish she could take a little baby bunny. It was just a shame she didn’t really have a solid definition of “home” despite being on this world for eleven months.

--------------------
user posted image
current team:
user posted image
PM
^
Mei Misaki
 Posted: May 18 2018, 02:01 PM

Student
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki

Mei was surprised to hear the new voice, but she looked up at them, trying to keep the surprise off her face. The man who came looked to be a worker here, and he said they were able to pet the bunnies. Mei looked back at the cage, and this time she was unable to keep the longing from her eyes. She really wanted to pet one of them.

When she was handed on, she carefully cupped it in her hands. It was so small! Even with her own small hands, she was easily able to hold it, though she lowered her hands to her lap so it wouldn't feel like it was going to fall. She let it sit on her skirt, keeping one hand around it as she freed the other one to pet it.

"They're so soft," she said quietly to Rhyme. The other girl had a bunny in her hands too, and it looked equally soft to Mei. She bit her lip as she stared down at it. Could she maybe get one? Would the adults mind? She had enough space in her bedroom, even with Dorumon sleeping in there as well. She could probably fit a cage in there.

Her hand strayed to her pocket where her cell phone was stashed. She was tempted to call Holland, as her primary caregiver who owned the place she lived. Out loud, she murmured, "I kind of want one."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 10:07 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Raimu "Rhyme" BIto

Rhyme smiled down at the little bunny that she was holding, gently petting it and just enjoying the feeling of the soft fur. It seemed Mei really liked the one she had and even muttered that she'd like to get one. She didn't blame her, if Rhyme had a place to stay and space, she'd want to get one, too. It was a shame that she didn't.

"I know, right...?" Rhyme said with a light laugh. "Do you have a place, Mei? Maybe you could get one." She wasn't sure what Mei's home situation was, but she wanted her to be able to do and get what she wanted. If Mei wanted a rabbit, then what was going to stop her in this world?

This was a world of possibilities, even with all the sad things that came with it. Just look at Ring Tone.

The worker with them offered his own two cents, "I can let you hold the bunnies for a little bit longer while you make up your minds. They like the company, so it will be good for them." Rhyme looked up and thanked him, and the man left to continue doing what it was that he was working on.

--------------------
user posted image
current team:
user posted image
PM
^
Mei Misaki
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 06:14 PM

Student
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki

Mei liked the way the bunny's soft fur felt against her fingertips. She had small hands, and the fur tickled the space between her fingers in a way that felt so nice and relaxing. She nodded as the shop clerk said they could hold the bunnies for a bit longer.

"I do," she said, looking up at Rhyme. "Have a place to stay, I mean." She hadn't thought she was going to find such a place when she first came to this place. She was just a kid and getting some place to stay was near impossible at her age. She noted that some others her age in this world were capable of it, but they all came with certain skills that someone like her wouldn't be able to do.

But, she had been lucky to run into Lucas. He had been kind enough to help her out and take her home with him where she had been given a place to stay on the Axolotl. She paid the favor forward by finding Dorumon and bringing him home with her so he also had somewhere to stay. Somehow, Holland didn't mind. He was pretty cool for an adult.

"I think I will," she said. "I should have space in mine and Dorumon's room. I don't think Holland would mind either." Particularly with everything else that was running around the airship, he shouldn't mind her bringing home a cute little bunny.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Raimu "Rhyme" BIto
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 11:35 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
???
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Raimu "Rhyme" BIto

Mei was really thinking it through, and Rhyme had to smile while she held her own bunny. Getting a bunny for herself wasn't an option, but she was glad that at least one of them would be getting a new home. It was kind of exciting, to be honest. Rhyme wished she could, but she didn't have a permanent place to stay. She should probably work on that, but... she had no job, and certainly not enough money to buy her own house and then upkeep it.

"Holland? As in Holland Novak? He is pretty easy when it comes to stuff like that. My friend Ninten stays with him," Rhyme brought up when she heard the name 'Holland'. She only knew one, so there was only one that it could possibly be. She didn't do much on the Axolotl, and didn't visit it pretty much at all. Whenever she wanted to hang out with Ninten, they went out to meet.

Rhyme found herself smiling down at the bunnies, still petting the one that she was holding. "I think you should."

--------------------
user posted image
current team:
user posted image
PM
^
Mei Misaki
 Posted: Jul 6 2018, 01:46 PM

Student
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Mei Misaki

Mei was surprised to hear that Rhyme knew Holland. She had been brought to the Axolotl because of Lucas, who wanted to help her out and find her a place to stay. Holland had been kind enough to offer a room there to her, seeing as he didn't want to make a teenager who wasn't from any sort of spectacular world learn to fend for herself.

In turn, she had brought Dorumon home with her. They were sort of roommates now.

"You know Holland?" she asked, the surprise not really showing in her voice though that was probably because Mei was fairly good at not showing emotion all together. "I know who Ninten is. I just haven't really seen him." She passed by his room to get to hers. It was funny how everyone on the Axolotl was always on the go that it made it difficult to meet up with some of them unless intentionally.

Though, Mei was also a bit of on the antisocial side and tended to actively seeing people, if she could help it.

"Do you think they get lonely, though?" she asked, looking back down at the bunny. She wouldn't want it to get lonely when she was away. Should she get two so it could have a friend...?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC

OHaV