CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Finding New Ways, Kellyn & Morgan
Kellyn
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 05:40 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

As a ranger, not knowing where you are is never a good thing. It's even worse for Kellyn, as he has been all across the entirety of Almia and a fair portion of Fiore, and has never once encountered this particular field before. To say he was concerned was an understatement, considering the last thing he was aware of was going to bed safe inside the Ranger Union. Had he been taken, the kidnapper must have gone through a lot of trouble to do so, and he didn't quite understand why someone would go through such pains just to drop him, Friend Pokémon and all, in a large flower field.

His gaze went to his Partner Pokémon, Pachirisu still sleeping in the grass unaware. Kellyn then checked on his Friend Pokémon, some still sleeping and others looking around bewildered. He chuckled a bit as Flareon attempted to not singe the flowers he passed by. Getting to his feet, Kellyn collected the little fire type in his arms, moving it into his lap as he sat.

"Wake up, guys," he said in a soft, but serious tone, "We've got a bit of a problem on our hands." The remaining Pokémon woke up at the sound of his voice, Pachirisu yawning before climbing his way up to his place on Kellyn’s shoulder. Had he not been cradling the timid fire type in his arms, he would have petted his sleepy companion, but as things stood, Pachi could handle going without a little affection for a bit.

Looking around, Kellyn couldn't see much of anything around them besides the flowers, a red brick walkway and what he thought were pokémon in the distance. His Friend Pokémon grouped together closer, understandably concerned about the drastic scenery change, but he smiled at them, "Hey, it's going to be okay. None of you are injured, right?" The resounding no from his friends was comforting, and he stood to relocate onto the walkway. Setting Flareon down where he couldn't cause harm to the flowers, he went about checking his styler.

The map had been updated to show a landmass that certainly was not Almia, which was the first thing he noticed, and the second was that his browser, which he prided himself on filling completely was now woefully short of filled. Many slots now lay blank, yet all the pokémon he caught previously still remained. An expression of genuine concern crossed his face. What in the world could have happened. Sure displacing could happen, but all these adjustments to his styler- that didn't just happen overnight.

A distraction in the form of an unfamiliar pokémon momentarily occupied him. It was almost Beautifly-like, but pink with a charcoal grey and lighter grey body. He glanced at Pachirisu first, to which his partner chittered happily. They all could use a reprieve from this situation, and a capture might help- or rather then the pokémon could ask this pokémon where exactly they were. It wouldn't help him much, but so long as the others were alright, he could manage until they found a human.

"Capture on!" He announced, lifting his styler and aiming at the new pokémon. Instantly the Capture disc was deployed, and Kellyn began the capture process, swiping his forefinger and middle finger diagonally downward and then up, the disc mirroring the movement, circling and creating a glowing ring around the pokémon. Thankfully it didn't struggle too much and the capture ended quickly, the disc returning undamaged.

A ping on his styler indicated the pokémon had been added to the browser. "Vivillon? I've never heard of that before," He looked at the Vivillon curiously as it approached. It seemed friendly enough, so he smiled and patted its head, "Hey there. Think you can tell my buddies what you know about this place? We seem to be pretty far from home."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 05:45 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Morgan couldn’t say with honesty that he knew what he was doing, but he had known that he had originally come over to visit Lucina at the Arena. Unfortunately, when he had gotten there, he had been told that she was out on business – which was understandable, she had her own life. So, Morgan thanked the people there for their time and said he was going to go explore for a bit and come back at a later date. That was led him to the Hill of Memories.

He had never really come to this place before, during his other visit. He’d heard about it – the beauty of the flowers, the grand entrance, the monsters. Truthfully, it had never really interested him before. His other visit to the Arena had been solely to see Lucina, to learn more about who he was. This visit was solely to see her again, to get to hear her voice again. Something about her just… clicked. Felt right.

This place didn’t feel like that.

Still, it was nice to see the grass so green, and the flowers that were worthy to be picked, but at the same time, too beautiful to be taken away. Morgan found he wanted to pick a few flowers to offer as a present to Lucina, but he decided to leave them alone. For now, he’d just explore and see what else he could find. There seemed to be a lot of those Pokémon things that Black had with him.

There were a few of the butterflies – hadn’t he seen one with Lucina? There were a great cluster here, all in different colours and variations. It was quite pretty, and remarkable.

A voice sounded, and Morgan turned, watching as a boy around his age using some kind of strange device to bring one of the Vivillon to him. He tilted his head at the sight, wondering what was going on, and he cautiously approached, trying to keep low. It sounded like he had just arrived, possibly just now.

Morgan could feel a lump in his throat.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Jun 26 2017, 08:10 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn smiled amicably as the Vivillon began to presumably explain to his friends what happened to them, or whatever the pokémon knew about what happened. All together he could gather that it wasn't very good- his friends looked pretty concerned, and Flareon was starting to get a little worked up and nervous. He'd always been a bit skittish. Picking up the fire type to comfort it, he thanked the Vivillon.

"Thank you, Vivillon!" He gave it an affectionate pat on the head once more and it gave a happy cry before fluttering off.

"Alright, guys," The ranger began, kneeling in the path so his Friend Pokémon could see his styler. "Looks like we've got options as to where we can go from here... Where do you want to go?" Considering they were all pretty lost the best he could hope for was to pick a direction and hope to find someone willing to help him.

He blinked as something caught his eye from the peripheral. It was a dark haired boy from what he could tell, wearing some sort of robe and trying to hide, or rather to not be noticed. He turned a little to look at him, but simply smiled and waved. If he didn't want to help, Kellyn wouldn't make him

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 05:27 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

It seemed the boy and his crew of Pokémon were looking to head toward somewhere that wasn’t…. well, here. Morgan tilted his head, and finally straightened, a determined expression on his face. He wasn’t about to let them wander into danger, especially since he had heard very strange and weird things about some of the locations on this continent!

“Um… excuse me!” Morgan cut in, trying to step carefully along the flowers and not step on anything that could be hurt. “Um, there’s a town not that far from here – actually, it’s a village, but… Um, it’s Saturn Valley, just a little north of here. It’s small, but they’re very hospitable.”

And, in just a moment, it suddenly clicked that Morgan had forgotten his manners, and had technically just interrupted a conversation between this boy and his Pokémon. He went red, for a moment, and bowed, immediately apologizing. How rude of him – he prided himself on being kind, and there he was, breaking basic conversational mannerisms and cutting in like that. Lucina would be so disappointed, he was so certain.

“Forgive me,” he added, before straightening once again and fixing the sleeves of his Plegian coat. “My name’s Morgan. I… It’s very nice to meet you.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 10:35 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

The younger boy approached him, gaining his attention with little effort, so Kellyn stood back up so that he could address him easier. The boy seemed almost shy, and was most likely younger than him by at least a year or two. He was kind, though, offering a suggestion for him as far as where to go next to acquire information. Kellyn just didn't understand why he seemed so embarrassed afterwards. The fidgeting with the sleeves of his coat and bowing caught him off guard a little bit. Was the boy intimidated by him or something?

Huh? Why are you apologizing? The Ranger tilted his head for a moment, but just shrugged it off, It's nice to meet you too! My name is Kellyn. With a smile, Kellyn bowed back. Generally he followed the other person's lead on if they wanted to bow or shake hands for a greeting, but he was more partial to the latter. Bowing just seemed a little stuffy to him. Glaceon cautiously approached Morgan and sniffed at him, Vaporeon similarly curious, but keeping her distance.

Kellyn laughed a little in response, giving Vaporeon an affectionate pat on the head, Glaceon's usually pretty cautious. I think he likes you. walking closer, the ranger activated his styler, looking at the map. Where is Saturn Valley in relation to this place? I don't really know how I got here. Kellyn admitted, looking a little embarrassed. He wasn't one to really get lost very easily, so whenever he found himself turned around or in the wrong place, it was always a source of embarrassment for him.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 01:39 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

The older boy – apparently named Kellyn – approached, and Morgan’s smile widened. Kellyn had returned the bow, and then one of the strange creatures accompanying him had approached then, sniffing at his coat. Morgan glanced down, watching the creature for just a moment, before Kellyn began to speak again. This creature – apparently, a Glaceon – was usually cautious, but liked Morgan. Those words made him smile even wider.

“Well, I’m glad that I’m worthy of his trust,” Morgan offered, tempted to kneel down with his hand to pet him, but he was distracted by Kellyn asking about Saturn Valley. He glanced about, trying to get a feel for the area, before pointing off in the distance, where a series of cliffs was visible. “It’s down that way. I could take you there, it’s easy to get lost in the valley before hand.”

For a moment, Morgan paused, and turned to Kellyn, a curious expression on his face. “… So, you don’t know how you got here…?” He tilted his head. “Did… you just wake up here? Where were you when you fell asleep?” Come to think of it, did Kellyn even remember? Morgan hadn’t, and still couldn’t really recall anything before he had woken up in Oerba. “… Well, um… I can explain what’s happening, if you need it… I mean, I’m probably not the best, but…”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Aug 3 2017, 02:43 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

"Yeah, I did." Kellyn admitted, "I was resting at the Ranger Union and preparing to finish a quest the next day... Then I woke up here." He explained, a little concerned. Morgan seemed... Rather tense. "I'm sure anything you know would be helpful," he said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. He didn't know anything about this place, so any information was welcomed in his opinion. And either way, he wouldn't want Morgan to be uncomfortable around him! Kellyn would much rather be friends.

Glaceon crooned at the boy, rubbing against his leg in an affectionate manner. Kellyn just smiled in response. "If you're alright with leading me there. I wouldn't turn down the help. Besides, you seem nice." If a bit shy. Modest might be a better word for it.

"Oh- I should introduce my Friend Pokémon too. There's Glaceon there next to you. Vaporeon and Leafeon beside me..." He trailed off and turned, raising an eyebrow at Flareon who was hiding behind him again. Kellyn just simply picked him up and petted his head to calm him down, "And this little scaredy-Meowth is Flareon. My partner Pachirisu is right here." He gave the little white rodent a pat as well, to which Pachi gave a happy chitter, his cheeks sparking proudly. "I call him Pachi sometimes, but he's not much for nicknames."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Aug 5 2017, 01:40 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

So, Kellyn at least remembered where he had been before he had woken up here. That was a start. Morgan swallowed, and nodded, deciding to give the full disclosure. It was best to just outright say it – he didn’t think keeping it hidden would do much. Kellyn wanted and needed the help, and he had friends that were also depending on him. The four Friend Pokémon, and Pachi, his Partner. In a way, he reminded Morgan distinctively of the Pokémon trainers that he’d seen around the area. Of Black, the one trainer he really knew.

“… Kellyn, your friends and you… you’ve been brought here by a Goddess. She created this world using patches from other worlds, piecing them together like a quilt, or a puzzle that doesn’t quite go together or matches,” he began, trying to be as careful as possible with his tone. “Basically, she decided that you needed to be here, like the rest of us.”

In a way, it was cruel, he figured. He didn’t really know of his life before, unlike everyone else, so for him, nothing was really lost. Nothing, except how he had hurt Lucina when they had been reunited. No, that was nothing good to dwell on, so to distract himself, he held a hand out for Glaceon to sniff. “I wish I was more help, but…” He shook his head, offering a small smile. “Never mind, I’d be glad to take you to Saturn Valley.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Aug 6 2017, 06:44 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

A Goddess, huh? Kellyn tilted his head a bit and updated his Glossary. It would be nice to have a reference for all this stuff later on if he had to explain it later to someone like Morgan was for him. It seemed like finding people who didn't know wasn't uncommon, so he'd have to be prepared.

The slightly younger boy seemed to be very bothered by something, and Kellyn couldn't just let him keep undermining himself like that. He gently placed a hand on Morgan's shoulder and looked at him, concern in his blue eyes, "Hey... It's probably not my place to say this... But if something is bothering you, you can tell me, okay?" Kellyn gave Morgan a gentle smile. Maybe he wasn't the smartest sometimes, but he was rather perceptive, "Where I'm from, my job is to listen to people's problems and help them however I can. I might not be on my world anymore, but I'm still a Ranger regardless."

Kellyn let his hand drop from Morgan's shoulder and placed Flareon back down on the ground. When he straightened, he looked back at Morgan, "You were plenty of help. I wouldn't know why I was here or where to go from here if it wasn't for you, you know. Don't sell yourself short."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 02:16 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

Kellyn put a hand on Morgan’s shoulder, and Morgan looked up at him in curiousity. The older boy then began to give a few words – about what he did for a living back where he came from, so Morgan could tell him what was bothering him. For a moment, Morgan considered lying, but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to keep up that lie for very long.

So, with that in mind, Morgan clutched his book close to him, considered the Pokémon around them, and admitted to the one thing that he was starting to really despise about himself. “… My memory was a price I had to pay when I came here. I don’t remember my life before this.”

“… I don’t remember my mother… or my father. If I had any brothers or sisters. Who my friends were, what I did… I don’t recall any of it,” Morgan explained further. “I ran into a friend I had before… She was so upset that I had lost my memory of her.”

Oh, Lucina. Perhaps he should track her down and have a visit with her soon.

“But, enough about me,” Morgan said, a smile coming to his face. “I mean, there’s nothing I can do about it, so let’s focus on you, and what we can do. Saturn Valley is a pretty safe place, and they’re very accommodating there.” Especially considering what Mr. Saturns generally were… um, like. “From there, we can work out where you can go next.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 04:46 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn gave Morgan a sympathetic smile, rubbing his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him,There's nothing that can be done about it, but it's still bothering you, he pointed out, I don't mind talking about it if you want or need to. Kellyn thought he'd leave the offer open in case Morgan wanted to talk about it a little later or if it started upsetting him again. He really didn't like it when others were upset and he couldn't do something about it.

Saturn Valley definitely seemed like a good place to start from what Morgan said. Letting go of Morgan’s shoulder, Kellyn smiled at him, Sure. That sounds like a good plan to me. Let's go.

Pachi squirmed on Kellyn’s shoulder, the spare capture discs in his sling clicking as he did so. He seemed to want to do something, but was hesitating. Kellyn looked over at him and he chittered, looking at Morgan. Hey, Morgan?” Kellyn asked, pausing in his stride, “Pachi’s worried about you. Can he ride on your shoulder?

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 05:02 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

Morgan sighed, knowing that he wasn’t ever going to feel right about not having his memory. He was able to smile, and wave it off most days, but it was the days where he recalled the meeting that he regretted it the most. Before then, it had simply been a mystery that he had on the back-burner. Before then, he was simply discovering himself, what he liked, what he disliked.

But then he ran into something, and his memory being lost had a consequence. Then, he had met Black, who had mentioned a name that had struck something inside of him that, to this day, he didn’t entirely understand. What was special about Lucina?

“I guess the thing that upsets me the most, is at first I didn’t think there was much consequence to me losing my memory,” Morgan began as they went about their way, and he let Pachirisu jump onto his shoulder to ride with him. “And then, one day, a friend mentions a name, and I react with surprise, and shock… so he brings me to her. And on that day… I realized my amnesia had plenty of consequences. It didn’t affect just me, anymore.”

No, now there was a memory of a girl, a girl without a smile. Looking at him, with such sad eyes, as she realized that he had no memory of her. Suddenly, there were others affected.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 03:29 PM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

The small rodent settled on Morgan's shoulder, gently nuzzling the boy's cheek, little static shocks resulting from the affection, though Pachi wasn't emitting enough electricity to do any harm. Glaceon walked close behind the boy as well, though as a wild pokémon he was less in tune with the emotions of others.

"Everything has consequences," Kellyn said with a faint smile, "Even something good could be bad to someone else. It's a matter of perspective, I guess." Glancing at his styler, he sighed. Being a Ranger was both a blessing and a curse sometimes. The situation with Keith was evidence enough of that. You just had to take the good with the bad. It was a dangerous job.

"As far as your memory goes, there's really not much you can do but give it time, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that like being with you even without your memory. You seem like a nice guy to me." Kellyn shot the slightly younger boy a cheerful smile, offering him a hand, "Want to be friends?"

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 11:39 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

Kellyn and his Pokémon friends were doing a good job at cheering up Morgan. The kind words that the Pokémon Ranger had to say, along with Pachi cuddling into his cheek, had earned a smile from the young tactician. What followed with Kellyn holding out a hand toward him, asking to be his friend, was what further made the moment all the more worthwhile for him. If something good could be bad, then, surely, the opposite was true as well?

Morgan had lost his memory when he had first arrived in this world. Now, here he was, with a new friend all thanks to that. His smile only brightened. He was ready to take on the world once again, and anything that it could throw at him. Morgan took Kellyn’s hand and looked up at him brightly.

“I’d love to be your friend, Kellyn.” Friends were one of the things that made this world all the more incredible. That made it worth traveling it and seeing what it had to offer. It was both a curse and a gift, he found. Not a single person that had come to this world had been like him when he first arrived. So far, he was the only one that he knew of that had lost his memory upon arriving.

But, that gave him a whole new perspective with it, didn’t it?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 05:22 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

As Morgan took his hand, Kellyn gently squeezed it, a more cheerful smile coming to his face. He gives the boy's hand a gentle squeeze and looks forward, observing the trail before them. "So we're off towards Saturn Valley, but where exactly is this?" Obviously he wasn't in Almia anymore, not even on the same world from the sound of it, but he still didn't really know where he was. Didn't know what to register the name as in his styler. Aside from knowing the approximate locations of places, his styler wasn't much help right now.

"What I'm getting from this is that my friends and I were taken from Almia somehow and ended up here because this Goddess wanted us here... but what is this place? I've been all over and I've never seen a field quite this green." The grass almost looks fake, and Leafeon seems repulsed by it. The grass type had been very eager to get out of the field and onto the path.

Kellyn remained holding Morgan's hand casually, not seeing any issue with the contact himself, though he was a little distracted, fiddling his styler and inputting all the Pokémon he recognized that he noticed here, primarily grass or bug types that had gotten used to the almost too perfect area. "Oh yeah, and we have pokémon where I'm from, so if you want to know anything about them, feel free to ask."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight The Games
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Simple and Clean DW

OHaV