CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Lions Off the Path, Open
Ness
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 05:39 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

Ness's smile grew a fraction as Roy pointed out that they were creating new bonds as they spoke. It was very true, and regardless of the troubles that this place had, if they had friends by their sides then they could face anything. That was something Ness had always wholeheartedly believed in.

"Have you made a lot of friends here?" Ness found himself asking as gave the kind Herdier some affection as well. He figured someone kind like Roy would be pretty popular, but he supposed that wasn't always the case. Some along his quest had liked to point out that the only reason Ness wasn't as popular was because he was so shy and quiet. Even so he had quite a few friends despite that. The younger kids at home had liked him a lot.

Maybe he could have a lot of friends here too? He certainly wanted to make friends with more pokemon, that was for certain. He had always had a soft spot for animals.

Ness paused a moment before adding to his previous question, a slightly awkward question of, "Are we friends?" The boy liked knowing where he stood with people, and he certainly wouldn't mind having someone like Roy as a friend.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 11:52 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

"I have... and yes, I'd like to believe we are." As long as they got along well, Roy liked to believe he made friends with the people he had met. Even if he hadn't seen them since then. Some people might've thought he was being a little too idealistic, but why not? There wasn't anything wrong in thinking positively of others. There were many people here that he felt like he could trust.

Like those in the club that he was a part of. They were great people, all of them. They didn't just come together to spar, either - Roy often hung out with a few of the other members, either before or after meetings, or on days when there were no meetings at all. It was something he looked forward to throughout the week.

"Time has no restraint on the people who arrive here, either," Roy added, kneeling to pet Litleo when the Pokemon approached him. "I have a friend who hails from a future of the world whose location here is her current home. So who knows... you might end up making friends with someone from your world's past or future." There were some worries about what implications such encounters meant, but there didn't seem to be any trouble so far.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 05:40 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Ness smiled when Roy confirmed that they were friends. It was comforting to know he had at least one now. Not only did he make a friend, his friend was one that was strong and seemed to know his way around this place. He had to wonder just how long Roy had been gone, but he kept that question to himself.

"So... I could run into someone from the past or future?" He was curious about it, admittedly, since he'd been to the past before. He hadn't seen anyone, but that didn't mean there wasn't anyone. The future seemed intriguing to Ness. He heard that there was a bad future where Giygas reigned... he'd stopped Giygas but Pokey had gotten away, so he wondered what became of that future. Considering Pokey's personality and how it had only worsened with Giygas's influence...

He didn't want to think about it.

"S-so what brings you here? Just travelling?" It was a poor attempt at changing the topic but an attempt all the same. He knew he should have been the one to take down his ex-friend and bully, but he hadn't been able to. Whatever became of him, Ness feared the worst and hoped for the best.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 09:48 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

"It's possible." It did happen, but the chances were influenced by a number of factors - the people who were brought here by the Goddess, where they ended up on the planet and how they chose to live once they were here. Those who were more willing to venture out into the world had a better chance of meeting new people, including those hailing from different times.

But it seemed that Ness wanted to change the topic. Maybe there was someone from a different time that he wasn't really keen on meeting. Whatever the reason was, Roy was happy to oblige. "Litleo and I currently don't have a permanent home here, so we're free to travel wherever we like. In doing so, we get to see a lot of places we might not normally go to." They made sure not to explore anywhere that was known for being extremely dangerous, such as the Deep Roads. But even though they tried to avoid those places, there were still plenty of areas on the planet to see with one's own eyes.

"It's also really nice to get away from the towns and cities, even if it's only for a little while." While growing up, Roy had spent most of his life in populated areas. It wasn't until the war did he really get to travel beyond Lycia's boundaries. And while his reasons for traveling then were serious, it still showed to him just how much he would miss if he just stayed in safe and familiar areas. Here, he got a chance to really explore, to see and learn of things he wouldn't have thought possible.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 06:10 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Ness nodded at Roy's explanation, It made sense to him, though he was much more apt to stay home where it was safe. But now he didn't have a home. The closest thing was Saturn Valley, and somehow the changes it had undergone in his absence made it feel less like home to him. He'd have to find a new home.

"Travelling is fun... but I like having a home to return to." Ness had always been a home body, his mother had said, loved home and his family almost to a fault. If there was one thing he wasn't it was perfect, but just like the worlds, every person had their positives and negatives. His thoughts wandered back to Pokey, and he mentally added that in some cases... only the negative was apparent.

The boy shook his head lightly to clear it, the only way to find a new home was to travel and find a place to make one himself. "Guess I'll have to look for one." A gentle smile found its way onto Ness's face, wondering if he could find a new family. No one would ever truly replace them, but it would be nice to find that kind of love and support.

"What kinds of things do you like aside from travelling? I'm learning to play guitar and I like playing Baseball."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 10:16 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Roy tipped back so he was properly sitting on the grass. They weren't going anywhere at the moment, so he might as well sit in one spot. Litleo yawned, stretched, then curled up beside his Trainer. "Besides traveling and improving my swordsmanship, I enjoy reading." In general, he liked being able to learn about things, but reading wasn't just about that. There were plenty of great stories that one would dive into, interesting characters to become familiar with. "A friend of ours has a large library in her home. I feel like Litleo and I are always there."

Litleo made a soft growl in agreement. They were there a lot, but he didn't mind. He had plenty of friends to play with there.

"To be honest, I don't have many hobbies." Roy's next smile was a little sheepish, and he scratched the back of his head. "I'm, er... a little less coordinated off the battlefield than I am with my blade in my hand." Any hobby that required precision, he'd probably just fumble through. Many people wouldn't admit to having clumsiness as a weakness, but Roy often felt that it was something he should be honest about.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 06:16 PM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Ness gave a good natured chuckle at the admission that Roy was a bit clumsy. He found it charming, and certainly didn't fault him for it. He himself had been pretty clumsy growing up, and not everyone grew out of that. Something did come to mind, however when Roy added the provision that it was when he didn't have a sword in his hands.

"A baseball bat isn't much different than a sword. Lighter, I think, and rounder." The boy said, pulling his trusty bat out of his bag. The grip end had already been sticking out of the flap anyway, so it wasn't hard to do. Ness wasn't very sure on the weight part since he'd never used a sword before, and while he knew metal was heavier than wood, bats had more mass than some swords, being thick and round as opposed to flat.

"With practice you could probably hit really well." Ness said, continuing his original train of thought. Of course he didn't care if Roy was 'good' or not. He still thought the prospect of playing with him would be fun as a whole, and the thought of seeing an old-timey knight try baseball amused him.

"Its up to you, but if you ever want to try baseball, I could teach you."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 06:18 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Baseball was a sport practiced in this world, Roy knew. There was a league mostly consisting of teams from towns and cities on the Western Continent. The noble had read enough to know what the basic idea behind the sport was, although he had never seen a baseball game before. But it was a game Ness really liked; the boy even had a bat.

"It does sound interesting, I'll admit..." Roy replied. "It might be fun to try sometime." Whether he did well or not didn't matter when the point of trying was for fun. Trying to hit a ball flying towards him might be a good challenge, too. While he was quick enough to deflect arrows with his sword, there was a difference between that and trying to knock back a sphere so it flew back in a certain way.

"If you really like baseball, then you might want to visit Santa Destroy sometime. Baseball is something that it's well known for." It was also known for other things that weren't quite as pleasant, but the city was normal for the most part. "It's across the ocean, however, so you would have to find a way over there."
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: May 8 2018, 02:57 AM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Santa... Destroy? That was an interesting name for a town, without a doubt, but he figured with time he'd get used to oddly named places. Besides, if it had a stadium, it was at least worth a visit. Ness would love to see a stadium, though he'd have to pick a new favorite team. That wasn't quite a big deal to him, but it might take time to decide.

The fact that it was across the ocean was the problem. Ness didn't know how exactly he was supposed to cross. Considering his teleporting skills only worked for places he'd been before. Odds were he'd have to ask for a ride, and the thought made him nervous. However he didn't have a lot of options, and this was the first lead he'd gotten as far as a possible new home. Once he figured out a way over he would never have to do it that way again, however.

"I'll check things out over there, then.. do you know a way across?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: May 9 2018, 07:16 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Once one got used to traveling around in this world, even a continent across the ocean didn't seem so far out of reach. "On the western coast, there's a port city by the name of Dunwall," Roy said. "There should be plenty of ships there where you can pay for a trip over to the other continent." The price varied by ship, but there were some that were both safe and inexpensive. Some captains had decided that getting repeating customers would be more beneficial than charging high prices and not seeing those people return.

"The other way to get across the ocean would be by air," he added, "but most of the aircraft on this planet that's currently in use is privately owned." Most of the commercial aircraft, as Roy understood, was grounded as those airlines didn't want to risk the lives of passengers in a sky filled with all manner of hostile creatures. So if someone wanted to fly, then they would have to rely on their own aircraft, creature or ability. Doing so had its risks, but it was a faster way to travel.
PM
^
Ness
 Posted: May 18 2018, 06:54 PM

Mutant
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Ness

Ness gave a cheerful nod, trying to commit the red head's words to memory. Dunwall was another funny name, but he figured he'd get used to the odd nature of these names and find them less and less strange after a while. "Will I see you around?" the boy couldn't deny that Roy was fun to be around, but he felt that keeping in touch would be somewhat difficult considering Roy likely didn't have a phone if he was from such a technologically lacking world. Not that Ness would be able to call him, anyway. His phone only received calls.

A smile came to his face, deciding that they would find a way somehow. "If I find a place to live other than Saturn Valley, I'll tell you! Until then, I'll likely stay in Saturn Valley in the evenings." Unless he had a better way for them to get in touch, meeting in the valley would be their best bet until he found a more permanent residence somewhere. Herdier stood and shook her fur out, nudging Ness's leg and wagging her tail. "You want to show me around?" Ness guessed from the look she was giving him, and the bark he received only made him smile more. At least he wouldn't be all alone on his little quest.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Roy
 Posted: May 19 2018, 08:23 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Lord
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Roy

Ness asked if they were going to see each other again. "Of course," Roy replied as he rose to his feet, brushing some loose blades of grass from his attire. "A few of our other friends happen to live in the Saturn Valley area, so Litleo and I find ourselves there quite often." It was a rather peaceful area and the surrounding canyons were usually quiet. Even with Rosalina's grand project deeper within; apparently, it had some kind of barrier surrounding it to contain the noise and other disturbances. If she hadn't told him about it, Roy wouldn't have even known it was there.

Litleo yawned, but suddenly caught sight of a large blue butterfly that was fluttering off in the distance. It reminded him greatly of Lucina and Vivillon, but more importantly, it was something to chase. With a growl, he sprung to his feet and started running after it, leaving Roy behind. "Hey, Litleo!" When he didn't get a response, he sighed, but then he smiled and turned to Ness and Herdier.

"Well, I'd better go after him," he said. "Take care, you two. We'll see each other again, I'm sure of it." Despite how large this world seemed at times, friends always ran into each other again sooner or later. Roy then turned and jogged after his Pokemon, calling out his name.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight F/BC
Prisoners of Fate

OHaV