CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Finding New Ways, Kellyn & Morgan
Morgan
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 11:00 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline

Where they were a pretty good question. Morgan didn’t know the specifics of the location – what it was, where it was from – but he certainly knew the name. His bright smile was back on his face, as he led the way down the path toward the Valley that they were going to head to. The grass in this field, was certainly a different shade than Morgan was used to.

“It’s certainly a strange place,” he agreed, taking a moment to take in the sights. “The flowers are too beautiful. The hill is too green… It’s called the Hill of Memories. I’m not sure what kind of world it was from, though.”

Lucina and the people of the Arena had told him that he was from the world that the Arena had come from – so he could only say that he knew the Arena Ferox before. Even if he didn’t recall it, it had this distinct sense of familiarity. He didn’t feel out of place walking down the halls. He felt as if he belonged, even if he had been shy when he had been there. The Hill of Memories, however, lacked that feel that the Arena had.

“The creatures here are strange, too,” he pointed out, calm and bright. “They sprout of nowhere, and they have these hovering little bars near them. I’m not sure what they’re supposed to be, when you hit them, the bars seem to change a little.” Green, then yellow, and then finally red. When the colour was all depleted, that was when the monster would disappear.

Morgan wasn’t sure what it meant, but he thought they were a little… unnatural. So he typically tried to avoid them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 05:07 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

"Hill of Memories?" Kellyn repeated aloud, looking thoughtful, "It looks almost fake." From there he kept his musings to himself. The descriptions were quickly keyed into his Styler, and he smiled, happy to have one of the areas on the map filled in for him. It was one of many, but they would fill in eventually like this one had.

Once he finished typing the information in, he took Morgan's hand once more, "It seems interesting to say the least... I'm sure you figured out that I'm from the world Pokémon are from. If you have any questions about them I can answer." He said, figuring he'd offer in case Morgan had questions or if he just wanted to change the subject from what it had been before. While Rangers were well known for their flashy outfits and skill, regular trainers outnumber Rangers greatly.

That being said it was very unlikely that there were many rangers here in comparison to trainers. That thought made him a little sad, but it was rather difficult to keep an organization going when the base of operations was on a completely separate world. The only real reason he could operate solo is because he's a Top Ranger.

Kellyn pushed these thoughts back and glanced back at Morgan, the slightly younger boy still intriguing him, from his strange clothes to his amnesia. This was sure to be an enlightening trip.

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 09:35 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

“It kind of does…” Morgan agreed. It was never clear what type of world the Hill of Memories came from, but it certainly didn’t look natural. Well, all that pondering could happen another time. For now, Kellyn was talking about how he came from the same world that Pokémon had. That certainly piqued his interest, and Morgan’s smile brightened.

He had seen many different kinds of Pokémon since arriving. Lucina even had a butterfly-type one, named Vivillion following her around. “I’ve noticed there seems to be a lot of different kinds of them. How many different kinds are there?”

Perhaps not the best place to start, but for now, that was what really interested him the most. Morgan liked the idea of them talking about Pokémon as they headed off toward Saturn Valley together. It would distract him from the mood he had been in earlier, and he’d learn something new. Pokémon did interest him – as much as regular bugs, and flowers did.

He was always interested in something new to learn.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 06:09 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

"In total there are seven hundred and ninety two species all together that fit into eighteen different elements or 'types'." Kellyn explained patiently, "The Pachirisu on your shoulder is an electric type. Glaceon is an ice type, Flareon is a fire type, and so on. Some are dual typed."

Pointing out a group of Vivillon gathering around some flowers, Kellyn smiled, "Like them. Vivillon are Bug-Flying type." Granted he just learned that himself, as it was added to his browser, but it was still a valid point.

"Each one looks different," Kellyn hummed, "And they all help us in different ways. Some are pets, some like to battle alongside humans... I'm a Ranger, so I'm friends with all pokémon and cooperate with them for the best interest of both humans and Pokémon. The most common pokémon related pastime is battling, though. Trainers are common throughout all of the regions. You might have met a few here, too."

Kellyn blushed slightly as he realized he'd been rambling, "Oh, ah, sorry. I get a little carried away sometimes. Don't hesitate to cut me off if I'm boring you, okay?"

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 12:25 PM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

Seven hundred and ninety-two.

The number caused Morgan to pause for a good moment, his brain slowly working at that number as Kellyn explained further, about how they were divided into eighteen types. The small squirrel on his shoulder, Pachirisu, an electric-type. The Glaceon that had taken to him, an ice-type. It was incredible. This was a fascinating thing! It was something entirely new to him, something that didn’t strike him like swordplay and tomes did.

He didn’t know about any of this before, it was obvious.

Kellyn moved on to point out the butterflies that hovered around a group of flowers, and Morgan instantly recognized them. “Oh! Lucina has one of those following her around…”

And still, Kellyn continued on Morgan listening on all the while. It was a fascinating thing. Trainers, Rangers… battling was seen as a sport. And then, his newest friend apologized, commenting about how he got carried away sometimes. Morgan returned the words with a bright smile.

“It’s alright. It’s all really interesting! Now that you say that, though… I think I have met a few trainers since coming here. There’s one that nearly rammed into me with a bike… She had a weird… blue thing following her? It almost looked like a blob of goop.” It was really the best way he could explain the thing that he’d seen. She hadn’t stayed for long; she had places to be, apparently, and was late for something. She’d apologized at least…

Still, Morgan changed his thoughts. “So a trainer catches a Pokémon and works with them indefinitely, but you, a Ranger, can recruit any wild one at any time, but temporarily?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 05:07 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

A concerned expression crossed Kellyn's face when Morgan recounted getting hit by a trainer riding her bike. The description of the pokémon wasn't familiar to him, so he assumed that the pokémon wasn't one native to Fiore. "Were you alright? You didn't get hurt too badly, did you?" The ranger paused as Morgan switched gears and smiled a bit.

Kellyn gave a little nod in response to Morgan's observation, "The exception is Pachirisu. He's my Partner Pokémon, so he always stays with me. A Partner Pokémon is one that has bonded with the ranger and doesn't want to leave. A Ranger can have multiple, but they can only bring one along at a time, so the ranger has to have a safe place and a trusted person to take care of the ones they aren't taking along at the time." He explained, "Since Partner Pokémon are particularly friendly with the ranger, they often assist in captures."

As they, or rather he talked, they approached the edge of the field, the path turning into something a little less fake looking. "And of course some pokémon are just pets and so the people don't fall into either category," he continued, "Trainers specifically battle to make their pokémon stronger, and Rangers don't battle at all." Kellyn paused, thinking for a moment, "Though I suppose there are also Coordinators. They take part in contests to show off their Pokémon's best attributes. They battle every now and then, and some contests even have battle sections, so I considered that a sub category of Trainers."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
Morgan
 Posted: Oct 18 2017, 11:37 AM

Magician
OCCUP:
Tactician
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Morgan

Morgan smiled in response to Kellyn’s question. “Nah, she managed to stop her bike in time. She apologized a few times before she moved on.” He smirked, a little amused by the memory. “… She had quite a few choice words to say…”

With that stated, Kellyn went on to explain a bit about the Pokémon he was with, and a bit about what a Partner Pokémon even was. Morgan listened with apt attention, hanging on every word and committing it all to memory. It was an exciting thing to learn about, and it was neat to know what it was that Kellyn could do.

It seemed there were all kinds of people that dealt with Pokémon, just as there were all kinds of tomes. It was interesting that such creatures with terrifying abilities could be mellowed and humbled enough to simply be ing pets.

It was a remarkable feat.

“It sounds like the people in your world have a lot of choices of what they can do with their Pokémon,” Morgan observed. “That’s quite interesting in my opinion… Makes me wonder what kind I would be if I had one.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Kellyn
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 06:36 AM

Official
OCCUP:
PKMN Ranger
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Kellyn

Kellyn hummed, considering Morgan's musing as they walked, and watching him, how he interacted with Pachi. A soft expression crossed his face as he saw how his partner was already so fond of the boy, "Well I can't answer that for you. Your relationship with Pokémon is something for you to decide... Though there's no Ranger Union here, and no way to get stylers, that I know of yet... So apart from preexisting rangers, I don't think that's much of an option here."

Maybe that was a bit mean of him to tell him about rangers when it wasn't really an option for him, but it was the one he knew most about. Of course being a ranger wasn't for everyone. Most didn't like not being able to keep the pokémon they catch, and Rangers only have one loyal pokémon with them at any given time.

"Well, I tell you what." Kellyn said with a gentle smile, reaching out to pet his partner pokémon, scratching behind his ears, "When you figure it out, contact me. I'm sure Glaceon would love to be your first pokémon."

--------------------
Current Partner
user posted image
Current Friends
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight The Games
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Simple and Clean DW

OHaV