CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 A Different Kind of Raid, Sabaody Archipelago - Mateys Only
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


"There it is, lass!" hollered Faris to Kay as Syldra pulled the ship into port. There was plenty of space at the docks - most of the civilian ships have fled due to the pirate attack. The strange thing was that it wasn't Faris' crew here doing the pirating.

They were actually here to stop it for once.

The captain left the helm and strode to the center of the deck. "You five!" she barked, pointing at a small group of her men. "Watch the ship with Syldra. The rest of you, secure the docks! And watch what you do - we don't want to be mistaken for any of those scoundrels out lootin' the place! The only booty we're after is the one on their ship!"

"Aye-aye, Cap'n!" The crew scrambled to follow orders. Syldra turned her head and let out a snarl.

"Aye, you're right, my friend." Faris turned to Kay. "The ship we're after isn't in port, lass. It might be anchored on the other shore, across the town." The town they were about to set foot in. It was crawling with enemy pirates, along with people who might be fighting against them. They were going to have to deal with both of them, especially if the latter thought that they were up to trouble like the rest of them.

This was going to be tricky, but Faris enjoyed a challenge.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 02:56 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


This was so frickin' cool!

Kay had never been on a pirate ship before now, and she had been more than excited when Faris had picked her up to come to the Sabaody Archipelago. It was wild to learn that there was actually going to be a round of the Goddess' game taking place here. Kay hadn't been expecting that one bit. She had missed Calamity by a couple of months when she had gotten here, and she hadn't really understood how much of an impact such as this event could be.

But, here she was, with a group of pirates about to take on another group of pirates. She wasn't sure how much help she would be, but she was going to try. She had never stopped a pirate raid before.

At least, she was dressed for the part. Faris had gotten here an awesome outfit that matched the other pirates in the crew. She was told it was because she was a honorary member of their crew now, so she had to look the part. Kay agreed. There was nothing that helped a team start feeling unity like uniforms! She was sure there were people who disagreed with her, but it was one of the reasons she liked her Saunders uniform.

"So, we're going to have to get across town , huh?" Kay leaned against the railing, peering down at the town. It didn't look so chaotic from here, but she sure could hear the noise. She looked back at Faris. "What's the plan?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 09:13 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Faris thought about it. As much as she just wanted to charge in there and knock some heads together, unnecessary combat would hinder their main objective - to get to the enemy ship. Of course, they would have to send those blowhards packing later on and secure the town as well, but they needed to get to that chest. This challenge both began and will end with it, as long as they found the key along the way.

Right now, she didn't know who else was in the town besides the pirates. If whoever else happened to be there were a formidable enough force, then she would leave most of the fighting to them. Her men were going to secure the docks, then slowly gain control of the town, provided they didn't get attacked by self-proclaimed heroes who assumed that they were in cahoots with the Goddess.

"We stick to the outskirts and find the ship. Then we capture it, find the key and use it to open that chest." It was going to be just the two of them, so they would be less noticeable. Her crew was going to do their work here while they handled the rest. Kay wasn't exactly a fighter, but her resourcefulness was going to be the reason they won this day.

They didn't need any men with them. With her strength and powers, Faris was capable of taking on an entire crew of hostile pirates and then some.

"Syldra!" Faris turned to the dragon. "Come to me if you hear my call on the wind." Syldra growled in acknowledgement, and the captain then turned back to Kay. "Let's be off, lass. Plenty of work ahead of us!" With that, she took off down the ramp.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 06:41 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


This sounded like it was going to be a sneaky sort of mission. Kay was okay with that. She normally didn't do it, but it was a strategy in the tankery world to sneak around your opponent's group of tanks to try and find their flag tank and take it out before any real combat needed to take place. Some people tried doing that to her team, but her team normally smashed them before they were able to. Saunders was pretty dang big.

But, in this sort of situation, Kay thought it would turn out perfectly. She just needed to remember to not be a liability. She was going to use whatever skills she had to assist Faris without getting in the way and making Faris' job harder. That was really all she could do.

That and help save the town. That was important.

"Lead the way, captain!" Kay said with a salute before she took off after Faris down the ramp. The docking area of the town still didn't showcase the crazy that was going on in it just yet. Most of the pirates that were raiding the town were further inside where they were bothering the townspeople. Kay wished she could run there and help the people out, but she knew that would be counterproductive.

She glanced around. They were supposed to circle the town so they could reach the enemy's ship on the other side. That meant probably trying to avoid going anywhere into the town proper itself.

"That way?" she asked, pointing out a small street that led away. It was probably for people to bring supplies to the other side from the docks but not have to go through the streets.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 11 2017, 09:17 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


"That'll do." That route should keep them out of sight and away from combat while they made their way to the other side. Faris headed towards the small street and checked to make sure nobody was coming through it before she darted into it. She didn't make a sound - despite what some people thought of pirates, they knew how to move quietly when they had to. It was a perfect skill to have for ambushes. Unlike many pirates, however, she also had experience as a ninja. Long story.

About halfway through the street, she decided they didn't really need to try too hard being stealthy. All the ruckus coming from the town was loud enough to conceal both hers and Kay's footsteps. Still, she moved carefully, ready to draw her blade the moment a threat came barreling their way, whether it showed up at one end of the street or from one of the buildings they passed.

As she reached the other end, Faris caught a glimpse of movement and moved out of sight, pressing her back against the wall. A group of townspeople rushed down the next street, passing by her spot without even glancing her way.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 06:31 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Kay was pleased that her idea was approved by Faris. Because Faris was the captain, and it was important for the captain to approve. She knew this personally, as she was the captain of her tankery team. The Saunders' team was pretty big - way bigger than Faris' pirate crew, even! - and she knew that everyone looked to her for guidance and approval. She always made sure to help them in any way that she could so their team could be the best they could be.

Kay followed after Faris, moving quickly. She had pretty good reflexes and was able to keep herself moving quickly and quietly. All that gym class was paying off. It was her favourite class after all, other than history.

Kay didn't have a weapon on her, as she wasn't some sort of combatant. The only thing she normally had that could be used as a weapon was her tank. She didn't like using it as a weapon, though she would if it meant she and the people who were with her could be safe. But, she didn't carry a weapon on her otherwise. Faris had a weapon on her, though, so Kay was going to have to hope that would be good enough.

Luckily, there was no one around as they walked the deserted street. That was like they had someone smiling down on them. When someone came by though, Kay ducked over next to Faris, even crouching down so she was less noticeable.

"They didn't see us, right?" she asked, looking up at Faris. She kept her voice as low as she could and hoped Faris heard. She knew just how loud she could be.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 10:11 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Faris shook her head. So far, they hadn't been noticed. How long that continued depended on what happened next. Would they reach the enemy ship without running into anyone? Or was the side of town they were heading to crawling with foes? Once the coast was clear, she motioned to Kay before quickly crossing the street they had just reached.

They traveled quietly, the sound of shouting and blades clashing filling their ears. But soon they reached the other side of the town, the island giving way to the blue ocean beyond.

"So there she is." A large ship was anchored some distance from the shore, her black flag quite visible even from here. "A beauty, no doubt about it, though she can't compare to mine." Of course, the ship herself wasn't the important thing here, rather who and what was currently aboard.

"We need to find a way to get over there without being seen." Stealing a boat in broad daylight was likely going to get them noticed, especially since a fight was happening just down the road. They could call Syldra and have her take them there, but unless she swam underwater while carrying them, the dragon was going to be far more noticeable than any rowboat. Faris watched the nearby fight, seeing who was involved and who had the upper hand, before she glanced at Kay.

"Opinion, lass?" Time for Kay and her smarts to shine.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 11:01 AM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Kay got up and followed up after Faris as soon as the coast was clear. She made sure to keep close to the pirate captain, just in case any sort of problem arose. She would be safer if she was close to the person who could fight anyone who came at them. Not that Kay wouldn't try. She never took martial arts or anything growing up - tankery was the one true martial art for her - but she knew how to throw a punch. Her dad made sure of that.

They came into view of the ship that they were trying to reach. From here Kay couldn't see anyone on it but she knew better to than to assume it was empty. Lots of times it simply meant they knew how to hide themselves so no one would notice them. There could be half a crew on there, depending on how many pirates the crew had to begin with. They might have only needed half to attack the town. Kay knew that pirate crews were often large, and their ships could get crowded.

What would she do, though, to approach the ship? That was the question.

Kay took a good look at the surroundings before she answered. She was used to planning out with a tank where a large body of water like the ocean wasn't involved. But, she could pretty much apply the same theory from tankery to this.

"If we come from the town side," Kay said, pointing, "we're more likely to be noticed by both town and ship. We should go out some, preferably in a small boat, and circle around it." She drew her finger through the air, indicating a take off point that was away from the town and somewhere in the wilderness next to it, until she pointed at the boat. "But, we shouldn't go into the opposite side either, as they'll be watching that side as well, probably for some sort of patrol. So we should hit as close to either end of the boat as we can." She paused, licking her lips. "We also shouldn't move too quickly. A fast moving boat would send waves through the water and that disruption might cause people to notice."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 10:24 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


So they should still take a boat, but from a point further away from the town. Then carefully approach the ship from one end... yes. That'll work, if they were smart about it. "If we steal a boat here, we risk getting spotted," Faris commented. "But there should still be some further down the shore." The sort used for fishing. Their owners wouldn't be on them while they weren't out on the water, especially with something going on in town.

She led the way to the outskirts of town. Most of the people who would be here were apparently gone - they had either fled off the island, or they were in hiding. They did run into one pirate - a bulky, grizzled man with gold teeth who came at them, sword swinging. Faris simply knocked him out with her own blade and continued on her way. She didn't have time to waste on him.

Outside of the town, Faris followed the shore until she came across a rowboat, secured with a rope and a makeshift post of a large piece of driftwood. Clearly, the owner didn't have a chance to get it back to where it belonged when the attack happened. She checked it over - no damages. "This'll do," she said to Kay. "You know how to row?" If not, then Faris was certain she could get them there on her own, but Kay would have to keep a close eye on both the town and the ship.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Kay was pleased her plan had gone over well with Faris. She knew Faris probably could have come up with something like that on her own, but it was nice that Kay was able to help out. She had enough knowledge of military strategy to know this was the ideal way for them to go. It was the way that was least likely going to draw attention to them. Even if they were caught, it was still a lot lowest of a percentage than any other method they could have done.

Unless there was some sort of jet where they could dive bomb it from above. They would have been able to move fast enough in a jet for medieval-esque pirates to have a hard time figuring out what they wanted to with a jet. Could they take out a jet? A cannon could probably take out a jet. But, could they angle a cannon so they were able to take out that jet?

Oh, Kay wished there was a way here for her to simulate that, but any way of figuring it out was going to have to wait. She had stuff she needed to do.

Kay followed after Faris, ducking around the pirate captain when another pirate came by. She skittered so she was out of reach, but went back to Faris' side once that pirate was disposed of. She glanced over her shoulder to look at him as she moved, but when back to paying attention once they reached the boats.

Faris picked out a boat, and Kay went to look inside. It looked stable.

"We do canoeing at club camp sometimes," Kay said, picking up one of the oars. "Rowing a fishing boat can't be much different, right?" She knew there was probably some difference, but she was a quick learner. She'd figure it out.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 06:30 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


"If you got the basics down, then there isn't too much of a difference." Faris detached the boat from what was anchoring it to the shore. She wasn't sure yet if they would get this thing back to this spot in one piece, but if they had the time later, she would try. Or she would just find out who owned it and paid them back.

Not the time to think about it, although the fact she was actually thinking about it said something about her own character these days. A pirate captain paying for a boat she had stolen. Wouldn't have even crossed her mind, back in the day.

"Get in, lass. We have a pirate ship to sneak aboard." A few minutes later they were out on the water, with Faris doing her share of the rowing. Slowly, so they wouldn't make large waves, yet at a steady clip. Faris did want to get there before time ran out on them. She kept an eye out for not only pirates on the ship, but the activity in the town. And the water around them - the last thing they needed was some sort of aquatic beastie thinking they were lunch.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 05:33 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


They were going to be just fine. Kay was pretty sure of that. Faris was a pirate - and a captain to boot - so she would know how to make sure they were getting their boat where they wanted it to go. Kay knew how to row, so she was able to do her fair share of the work when they were trying to paddle.

Kay climbed into the front of the boat. From what she remembered in what related to canoeing and the like, the person in the back was the person who was "steering", if that was the right word for it. Kay didn't know if you could actually steer a boat because she had never been in a situation where she had to steer a boat. Either way, she was sure that meant Faris should be the one in the back.

She rowed, keeping up with the rhythm they had set out with. They weren't moving too fast, but that was exactly how they should be moving. The water wasn't sending too many waves out from them so it was less likely for people to notice them. Even so, Kay kept a careful eye on the ripples that were coming from their boat, occasionally looking up at the ship to see if there was anyone looking over the edge and spotting them.

"Do you have a plan of how we're supposed to get up there?" Kay asked. Rope ladders didn't just hang over the edge of ships regularly. They were put there for crew members to get on and off.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 10:06 AM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


They approached the ship with nobody spotting them. So far, so good, but Kay did raise a fair question. How were they getting up there? Faris was both determined and stubborn enough to be able to climb straight up the ship, but that would put her at risk if anyone happened to peer over the side and spot her. Besides, Kay might not be capable of following her if she did that.

They would also have to deal with all the pirates on board. Trying to get the key and the chest while part of the crew was attacking them would be bothersome. Taking that into account, she did have a plan of sorts. Slightly crazy and not stealthy at all, but it ought to get them up there safely... while driving a lot of the pirates overboard.

"If, say, a fearsome monster suddenly appeared on board, one that couldn't be fought..." the captain began, "then one's only real choice to get away would be to either take one of the remaining boats or jump overboard. Looking around for people attempting to sneak aboard wouldn't be as important as saving your own skin."

Oh, yes. Especially if these pirates were of the superstitious sort. Faris would happily give them something to be superstitious about.
PM
^
Commander Kay
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 02:02 PM
Quote

Student
AGE:
18
OCCUP:
Student
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
154

Commander Kay
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline


Kay was pretty sure she had no idea what it was that Faris was talking about. Sure, she knew what fearsome monsters were and she knew they could probably get on board if they need to get on board. But, how exactly were they supposed to get one on board? The only thing remotely like that nearby that Kay was aware of was Syldra.

But, they couldn't get Syldra on the ship.

....Right?

"Okay, fearsome monsters on deck," Kay said with a nod. "So, uh, how are we gonna do that?" Because it was one thing to say something, but a completely other thing to have it happen in person. Of course, Faris was a pirate captain who had some sort of powers that Kay didn't know about or something. Some of the pirates seemed to suggest that anyways. She did have a sea monster pulling her ship so Kay couldn't see why that wasn't possible.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Faris Scherwiz
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 09:00 PM
Quote

Outlaw
AGE:
20
OCCUP:
Pirate/Princess
ALIGN:
Chaotic Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
42

Faris Scherwiz
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


"Glad you asked, lass." Faris set her oar to the side, so it was out of the way. "We could attempt to lure something like that onto the deck, but I've got something better." Which was good, because they didn't have the time to be rowing around trying to get random monsters in the water to jump aboard. All they really needed was her magic.

Faris looked up at the ship and pointed towards her deck, casting Hellfire.

They didn't have to wait long. Something struck the deck hard, tipping the ship slightly. There was a roar and a chorus of yelling followed. Blades were drawn and at least one gunshot went off, but then Faris saw flames fly over the edge of the ship. The yells became more fearful and some even became screams.

And then she saw the pirates. They started frantically lowering their boats and throwing ladders over the edge so they could reach them. Some didn't bother with all that - another blast of flames caused some men to jump overboard and start a long swim to safety. Some tripped over their own feet and fell right off the ship, prompting others to pull them into the boats. Everyone seemed like they were in a hurry to get away from the creature that was unleashed on their ship.

Faris simply stayed quiet and watched all this unfold, then rowed their boat over to one of the ladders. "Here's our way up," she said to Kay, before she got up and started climbing the ladder up to the deck.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight
F/BC

OHaV