CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 Minor Diversion, Open
Sami
 Posted: Aug 29 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
26
OCCUP:
CO
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
134

Sami
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Groceries all secured in the back, Sami pushed the tailgate of her truck back up and locked it, ready to go home.

While she didn't have to worry too much about groceries back in her world, heading out to the store was becoming a very normal thing for her while living in this city. It wasn't like she could rely on HQ to provide everything for her anymore. She didn't mind it too much, though. Replenishing supplies - groceries or otherwise - was an essential part of life. She and Kay took turns in handling this responsibility and between the two of them, they were managing pretty well.

Sami walked over to the driver's side door, pulled it open and climbed in. Time to head on home. It looked like it was going to rain soon, and she wasn't planning to wait and see if it did-

"Heeeelp!" screamed a man as he ran by her truck. "There's a dragon on the loose!" As if to prove his point, a roar could be heard from a few blocks away, and more people were fleeing away from that direction.

Sami sighed, let go of the seatbelt she was just about to fasten, and climbed out of the truck. She fetched her rifle from underneath the back seat. Great, there was a dragon on the loose (supposedly). Just what she needed while she was trying to get home. A lot of people living here couldn't defend themselves from something like that, though, so she'd better go and take care of it.

Just another normal day on this planet.
PM
^
The Warrior of Light
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 01:31 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
28
OCCUP:
Hero of Light
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
17

The Warrior of Light
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


The Warrior of Light had seen many things that he hadn’t expected in this new world. The inhabitants of the castle he had first stumbled upon arrival had explained what they could, and soon after they had sent him on his way with little more than some advice on where to go and a comment on his attire. He merely turned and walked on, finding a familiar solace in the journey… though a distinct absence.

His three friends, much to his chagrin, had not appeared alongside him when he had woken in Makna Forest, and he could only hope that they had appeared elsewhere. In was in this wish – that the three of them were scattered across this world – that he found a small light inside.

Wandering about like he was what brought the Warrior of Light to a strange city with a sign naming it “Santa Destroy”. The place was nothing like anything he had ever seen before. He’d seen airships, boats, and rowboats, but vehicles such as the ones moving up and down the streets were a new sight entirely. He received plenty of odd looks as he walked down the sidewalk, especially from young children and their parents as they ushered them away from him.

Just as he had finished watching a mother take her young son by the hand and rush off into a different street, a cry called out from further down the one he was on. The Warrior of Light immediately turned, witnessing a mass of people rushing up the street away from something occurring on the other side. Words of a dragon having been loose caught his ears, and he immediately drew his sword and began walking upstream through the crowd toward the occurrence.

“This dragon will fall to my blade,” he decided aloud, breaking free of the crowd. There, up in the sky, was a large grey mass with large wings and a long tail. It spoke in a tongue he didn’t understand, as it then erupted a breath of fire down toward Santa Destroy.

A dragon from his realm, it was not, but it was a dragon nonetheless. A woman stepped up nearby, a strange weapon in her arms. The Warrior of Light acknowledged her as he tightened the grip on his blade.

“Well met,” he voiced. “May we fare well against this foe together.”

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Sami
 Posted: Sep 12 2017, 10:48 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
26
OCCUP:
CO
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
134

Sami
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Now, Sami was hoping that the supposed dragon was nothing more than the citizens of Santa Destroy mistaking one thing for something else. It happened before. Some creatures on this planet looked alike. Upon seeing the large reptile up in the sky, however, she could confirm that it was, indeed, a dragon.

Some guy in flashy armor addressed her, and Sami glanced at him before looking up at the sky again.

"Yeah. I don't like this, though. That kind of dragon can be pretty difficult to deal with." The dov, as they called themselves, had very thick hides. The biggest problem, however, were the words they speak, which could cause all kinds of attacks and effects. Her rifle was designed to tear through the defenses of the tougher creatures on this planet, but she wasn't sure just how much help it would be in this case.

As Sami ran through several plans in her head, trying to come up with the best solution given their surroundings and the dragon's current attack pattern, she heard a monstrous crack to her left. A nearby building crumbled to the ground, and from its debris slid forward something that she wasn't expecting to see ever again.

Large. Gelatin. As it slid across the ruins of the building, the pieces were crushed by its sheer weight. A gooey agent of death, in all its sticky glory.

"You have got to be kidding me." Where the hell did this oozium come from? That thing was, in some ways, worse than the dragon. Sami turned and looked at the knight - she assumed he was a knight, anyway. "We need to move. Now." She didn't wait for a reply - she took off, watching the skies for the dragon. She didn't stop until she was a good distance away from the huge blob that was now sliding onto the street.

Oozium were slow. A snail could outrun one. But anyone dumb enough to stand next to one when it moved was guaranteed a quick death. They were capable of crushing anything, no exceptions. How were they going to stop that while there was a dragon trying to burn the city down around them?
PM
^
The Warrior of Light
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 11:51 AM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
28
OCCUP:
Hero of Light
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
17

The Warrior of Light
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


The woman spoke, and the Warrior tilted his head at her words. A type of dragon that could be difficult to deal with? He was up for the challenge, just as he believed that she was as well. If she hadn’t, she wouldn’t have come forth just as he had, ready to take on whatever was coming their way. The safety of this city, however strange it may be to him, was their priority. In response, he opted to merely nod, directing his full attention at the Dov before them.

It seemed, however, that the world had other plans. With a crash, a building nearby them crumbled to debris, revealing a large, gelatinous creature. The Warrior of Light turned at the sound, as the woman then instructed him that they should move.

Just as he was about to protest, she raced off to the front, and finding no more room to argue, the Warrior of Light followed after her, his blade and shield tight in his hands. The woman knew more of this world, of the creatures that they were dealing with. It would be foolish to not stick close by her, to take her insight, to listen to her suggestions.

“That creature...” he began, turning to her for a moment before redirecting his attention to the dragon as it circled above them. “… I have never seen one quite like it before. May I ask if you are familiar with it?” With two opposing forces to deal with, they had to really figure out how to divide their time. How to plan out their attack, their methods. Santa Destroy was depending on them, and there was no room for error at a time like this.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Sami
 Posted: Sep 18 2017, 11:47 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
26
OCCUP:
CO
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
134

Sami
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Sami ducked into a narrow alleyway, which should at least keep the oozium from spotting her. The dragon was more focused on what it could easily see, chasing cars and blasting buildings. There were two enemies in this battle, one in the sky and one on the ground. And she had no troops to rely on here... just this knight.

So she was willing to provide him with some intel on both creatures.

"That blob back there," she replied, glancing out at the creature as it slowly meandered down the street, people fleeing from its approach, "is an oozium, from my world... although I thought I've seen the last of them ages ago." Sami wasn't entirely sure where this one came from, but the real problem was that it was here now, up to no good. "As you can see, it's slow, but it instantly crushes anything in its path." She had seen oozium wipe out entire megatank units in the blink of an eye. They weren't invincible, though - they could take damage just like anything else.

"The dragon's from Nirn, if I remember right. It speaks its native language, which allows it to use a variety of abilities." So far, this one just seemed intent on burning everything down. "They fly pretty well, but they're clumsy once they're grounded." If they could get it to crash, then they could tip the scales in their favor...

With so many civilians nearby, however, having both an oozium and a dragon on the ground would increase the likelihood of casualties. Sami didn't want that. This was her city, and she was determined to protect it.
PM
^
The Warrior of Light
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 12:15 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
28
OCCUP:
Hero of Light
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
17

The Warrior of Light
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


The woman explained the creature, and the dragon and the Warrior listened with apt attention. She explained all that he thought he should know – the Oozium was from her own world, slow yet instantaneously crushing anything that was to appear in its path. Such force of power was not something the Warrior would expect from something so gelatinous. And yet, here he was, seeing just that.

A dragon was another matter altogether. The tongue that it spoke allowed it to use a wide range of abilities, such as the fire that it was now showing off. Such a concept was not unheard of to the Warrior – to him, it was akin to a mage using spells to cast things such as Thunder, Blind, or Cure. The ability of skilled flight as the woman explained was not lost on him, as he watched it circle the town, but the idea that it was clumsy on the ground was an intriguing one.

If they could get it to land, and stay there…

“What do you suggest?” he asked her, readying his blade. “Should we focus on your native creature first?” Trying to handle two problems at once was likely to lead them to failure. If they took out the beast right near to them first, they’d be able to focus all their attention on the dragon.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Sami
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 12:12 AM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
26
OCCUP:
CO
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
134

Sami
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Sami took note of the streets. While battles could be waged anywhere in a city, it was the streets where most urban combat occurred, at least in her world. Vehicles needed the space. Soldiers benefited from the maneuverability. Most civilians would take shelter in the buildings, keeping out of harm's way for the most part. Since the oozium was on the street, that was where she would like to keep it - she didn't need it trying to chase someone into a building. It would just take the entire building down.

"The most efficient plan I can think of..." she began, "is to lure the dragon into landing and attacking the oozium directly." Dragons were strong, yes, but the oozium's power was essentially absolute. It should, in theory, crush the dragon. If not, then it would at the very least seriously harm it. But she didn't know that for certain, and other factors prevented her from deciding it was the best course of action.

"It would be what I suggest if we were outside of the city, away from civilians." They couldn't consider luring the oozium away from here - it would take too long. "Instead, we should focus on the oozium first, since it poses the most immediate threat." They didn't need it to creep up on them while they fought the dragon. If they later had an opportunity to shove the dragon into the oozium's path and there were no civilians in harm's way, then they could take it. But for now, they were going at them one at a time.

"Do you have a way to attack from a distance?" Sami had her rifle, but she wasn't sure about the knight. Getting up close and personal with an oozium normally guaranteed that it would just roll right onto you and crush you to death. Maybe if they were lucky, that dragon would do them a favor and breathe fire on that blob, which ought to help whittle down its health.

Sami wasn't going to wait for that to happen, though. They needed to act - the sooner, the better.
PM
^
The Warrior of Light
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 12:59 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
28
OCCUP:
Hero of Light
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
17

The Warrior of Light
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


The woman began to suggest her idea. It was the most she could come up with under pressure, and the Warrior wasn’t about to rush her to form an elaborate one. She was explaining what she would have suggested if they weren’t in the streets, of somehow luring the Dov to land and attack the Oozium. He found himself glancing up at the dragon, sizing it up, before directing his attention to the gelatinous creature slowly moving across the street. Their most ideal plan, they couldn’t even do, but he’d been in tougher situations before.

She had a point, however, in her stating that the Oozium was the most immediate threat. In agreement, the Warrior immediately nodded. “Yes, I find myself agreeing.” The Dov was mostly circling above them, occasionally breathing out fire or just making a lot of noise. If anything, it was mostly a nuisance and not much of a danger to the people in the city. The Oozium, however, was already in the streets, and currently in the process of crushing one of the metal vehicles that were parked along the curb.

After being asked if he had ways of attacking from a distance, the Warrior turned to consider the woman for a moment. “I admit I am most adept and at home with the blade as my weapon. I was never quite skilled in magic as a child. However, I do know the three Fang spells… They allow me to fire fireballs, ice shards, or lightning bolts. I am unsure if that is what you had in mind, but it is what I have to offer. I will do all I can to assist you.”

Right now, the woman knew the most about the current situation. He was still much too new, and a close-range combatant with two opponents that he couldn’t simply strike with a blade. She was the key to this – and he knew it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Sami
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 10:19 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
26
OCCUP:
CO
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
134

Sami
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


Spells? "That'll do," Sami nodded. "We'll split up and take each end of the street. If we alternate our fire, that should keep the oozium from going anywhere." Instead of wandering off on its own, it should just attempt to slowly shuffle back and forth between them, depending on who was attacking at the moment. It wouldn't be going anywhere then.

And it ought to stay relatively still until they destroyed it. Hopefully, she would have both her CO Powers charged up by then - she might need one of them for that other problem.

Sami took a moment to check the dragon - it had apparently found an abandoned building to vent its destructive tendencies on. That ought to keep it busy for now. "Let's move out!" The commander sprinted out from her cover and down the sidewalk to the far end of the street. Once there, she took aim with her rifle and opened fire, spraying the oozium with bullets.
PM
^
The Warrior of Light
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 07:06 AM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
28
OCCUP:
Hero of Light
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
17

The Warrior of Light
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


With a plan worked out, the two of them moved on to their positions. The woman had darted across the street, and the Warrior stood on his side, sword, and shield at the ready, even if he wasn’t going to be using either for the moment. The plan was simple – they would alternate their fire of attacks, leaving the oozium trapped between them. An easy enough plan, that would take care of the first of their two foes.

First up was his comrade, firing a the strange weapon in her hands at the oozium. The Warrior didn’t recognize the weapon, but he decided to think of it as similar to a bow. It fired ammo of some sort – so that was all that he decided to really know about it for now.

Once she had finished her barrage, it was the Warrior’s turn. He held his blade upright for a moment, saying a silent prayer, before launching a barrage of Red Fang spells toward the oozium. Small fireballs launched from his blade towards their enemy, hitting it in succession eat time. Once his attack was done, the oozium began to slowly move toward him as opposed to his companion.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
Sami
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:10 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
26
OCCUP:
CO
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
134

Sami
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline


It seemed to be working. It was hard to tell when fighting oozium. Sami's bullets had entered the gelatinous being and stuck there, suspended in its ooze. The knight's fireball attack caused its surface to splatter, quickly regaining its original form after that. But Sami knew better - it was taking damage. There was only so much abuse an oozium could take before it ended up getting destroyed.

When it was her turn again and the oozium was sliding towards her companion, Sami shot at it once more, this time completely emptying her rifle of ammo. After she finished her attack, she reloaded her weapon, waiting for her next turn. The oozium had started heading back her way again.

If she hadn't brought this particular rifle, this would've taken more time. At this rate, they should be able to get this oozium dealt with in a timely manner. At least she hoped, anyway - one could never know when a battle would take an unexpected turn.
PM
^
The Warrior of Light
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote

Soldier
AGE:
28
OCCUP:
Hero of Light
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human
POSTS:
17

The Warrior of Light
© Draco // CURRENTLY Offline


That was all he needed to see – the plan working, the Oozium slowly moving back and forth. The Warrior gained a small smirk of confidence, bringing his sword up once again to say that silent prayer one more time. This time, instead of the fire, he launched the shards of ice.

It was hit, just as before, and began to once more turn from its previous attacker to move toward its new one. It was a horribly simple-minded creature, the Warrior thought to himself. Creatures like that were easy to trick, to manipulate, and lure into traps. He often wasn’t too proud of tricking such creatures, but he’d run into them enough to stop feeling pretty bad for them.

Unfortunately, it seemed their Dov friend was getting particularly bored and needed some new entertainment. It was making a racket once more, launching off a building to attack another. The Warrior turned from the Oozium for but a moment to catch sight of the Dov in its change of pace.

“I believe we may be running out of time,” he voiced to the woman.

--------------------
user posted image
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight The Games
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Simple and Clean DW

OHaV