CHATBOX
CHATBOX LINK || NO SPAM OR ABUSE!

calls me home
AN ANIMANGA/VIDEO GAME ROLEPLAY

THE GODDESS WORLD IS CURRENTLY IN YEAR ONE, MONTH TWELVE
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Assignment: Lunar Discoveries, Open
Ronald Knox
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 03:41 PM

Shinigami
OCCUP:
Field Agent
ALIGN:
True Neutral
SPECIES:
Shinigami

Ronald Knox
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline

Ronald leaned forward to take a good close look at the artifacts that the archeologist was placing before them. They mostly looked like simple and normal stuff that one would find in any sort of culture, if they were looking hard enough. Some people thought it was all grand throne rooms and dungeons full of treasure because they forgot that these people were just that. People. They had to live too, just like anyone living today. There was going to be mundane things to be found, and Ronald thought those were the most interesting of things. That was how you saw how people really lived. How similar were they to your own culture?

But, there was something else that was also there. This one was more detailed and fantastical than the other things that were presented to them. It was apparently a map carved into stone of the place they were in. Ronald had been to many palaces in his day - mostly because that was where his job took him, and no, it wasn't because he was important enough to see the death of kings but because their maids and butlers needed someone to take their souls - and he knew a large kingdom when he saw one.

He let out a low, impressed whistle.

"This place really was grand," he said, glancing up to look at the wreck around him. How long had it been this way? "It's almost hard to believe."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Carly Nagisa
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 01:13 PM

Civilian
OCCUP:
Reporter
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Carly Nagisa
© Jen // CURRENTLY Offline

"I know, right?" beamed the archeologist. "I hope we uncover more about this civilization. The people who had lived here have stories to tell... and we're helping to share them."

"I wonder what they were really like..." mused Carly as she snapped a few photos of the map. She knew the ruins were huge, but to see an actual map of them, made when there were functional buildings - shops, homes, libraries... the people lived who lived here must've known that they were living in an incredible place, one worthy of being proud of. "Living on the moon sounds so romantic..."

Oh, she could just imagine it! Strolling down beautiful streets, admiring the Earth in the sky, meeting people from distant planets... it sounded like the backdrop for a love story. At least, the concept of a kingdom on the moon did. The evidence showing that something terrible had destroyed this place and killed everyone did put a damper on things...
PM
^
Ronald Knox
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 11:40 AM

Shinigami
OCCUP:
Field Agent
ALIGN:
True Neutral
SPECIES:
Shinigami

Ronald Knox

Ronald hoped that the archeologists had more luck with finding stuff for the moon kingdom that they were able to share. He said so out loud by saying, "Good luck. I'll be keeping my ears open for any news on the stuff you guys find." He said it sincerely, because that was exactly what he was. One of the things he hadn't been expecting when he had been tossed so unforgiving into this world was ancient civilizations one wouldn't have thought about. There was no former moon kingdom in his own world, but clearly there was a world somewhere that sported one. It was interesting to learn about.

Though even Ronald knew how out of character it was for him to be so interested in such a thing. Normally, he wouldn't have cared. He either had work to worry about, or he was busy with trying to make the most of his free time. Why bother with ancient history? It wasn't going to affect him in any way, as shinigami history was different than human history.

But, this was intriguing to him. Without his job to worry about, it gave Ronald free time - a lot of free time - to actually think about these things.

"I haven't seen much in the way of an armory," he said. Being focused in Europe, he knew how war-like people could be. The moon might not have been inhabited by humans, but they seemed like they had a lot of human qualities. "Was there no worry about fighting here?" He glanced around. Who would the people on the moon fight anyways? "Or, were they magic users of some kind?" That could also explain a lack of swords just lying around.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Carly Nagisa
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 11:04 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
Reporter
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Carly Nagisa

Oh, yeah, that was a good point. Carly hadn't seen much in terms of weapons being uncovered. Someone mentioned that a sword was found during some earlier expedition, but that was it. Did the people of the moon not worry about fighting? If so, then that set them apart from a lot of other civilizations, human or otherwise.

"From what few records we've uncovered..." replied the archeologist as she started packing up the artifacts she had shown to them, "these people preferred living peacefully and in prosperity than waging war with others. Some might be trained in the art of battle for defensive purposes, or maybe they did have some kind of magical powers so they didn't need many weapons. We can't quite say for sure yet."

"There's still a lot to learn about this place, huh..." Carly said. "So we're going soon, right?"

"Yep! Everyone else looks more or less done, so I guess it's up to me. Should take me just a couple more minutes."
PM
^
Ronald Knox
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 02:23 PM

Shinigami
OCCUP:
Field Agent
ALIGN:
True Neutral
SPECIES:
Shinigami

Ronald Knox

A land where people were able to live in peace and prosperity while avoiding wars, eh? Ronald wasn't sure he could even believe such a place had ever existed. It just seemed too far-fetched to him. He had been around the block several times, and people were always willing to start wars with each other over the stupidest of things. He didn't think living on the moon and being alien, if they were aliens, would change that fact.

Besides, the Citadel was loaded with aliens and he had heard one of them was war-like by nature.

Clearly, their peaceful ways hadn't fully prospered for them. They had been destroyed by the looks of things. This place hadn't just been wrecked by time and disused. Something had gone through here that made it into the wreck that it was.

Ronald was curious as to what it could be, but he wasn't going to ask. They probably didn't know. There wasn't a whole lot in archeology that could teach someone that sort of thing, especially when they were on a separate world all together.

"Need any help with anything?" he asked.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Carly Nagisa
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 11:17 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
Reporter
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Carly Nagisa

"I'm alright. You guys go on ahead, I won't take very long at all."

"Okay..." Cary nodded as she took a few steps away from the archeologist and her artifacts. She didn't need to take any more photos at the moment, so she switched to her video camera. She turned it on, adjusted the focus a little, then recorded a shot of the area they were in, as well as the direction they were about to head into.

"We're continuing our quest to find out more about the people of the moon," she stated. Then she pointed her camera at Ronald. "Joining us on this branch of our expedition is Ronald Knox, shinigami and fellow truth-seeker." Just in case any of her viewers wondered why this handsome guy in glasses suddenly showed up in her footage.

Ronald wasn't an archeologist, but he wanted to see more of this place, right? So here he was, trying to find out the truth about this place. The description made perfect sense to Carly and should quell any of those questions before they were even asked.
PM
^
Ronald Knox
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:06 PM

Shinigami
OCCUP:
Field Agent
ALIGN:
True Neutral
SPECIES:
Shinigami

Ronald Knox

It didn't look like the archeologist needed any of their help to get her stuff packed up. That was a-okay with Ronald. He had asked because it seemed like it would be the polite thing to do, but that didn't necessarily mean that he wanted to help lug a bunch of stuff around, even if he would have an easier time with it than most of the people here. He was, after all, stronger than the average human.

"I'd like to poke around a little on my own then," Ronald said, shoving his hands into his pockets. He assumed Carly was going to accompany him. Journalists like doing that, if only to help add a more interesting narrative to what they had going on. "See ya when we take off."

Ronald stepped away from the archeologist, only to notice that Carly was now filming. He grinned at the camera, holding one hand in a peace sign over his eye, winking through it. They didn't have film cameras where he had come from. In truth, most people still had their portraits simply painted for them by professionals. The technology that the shinigami had was more advanced, but anything resembling film - beyond his death record when he cut people who had reached their time to die - was something he tended to avoid.

"Greetings, people of the Goddess' World," he said, his voice sounding almost cheery. "It looks like we're going to be departing soon, but I think we'll get one more look at this place. I got a fresh pair of eyes so who knows what we might find?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Carly Nagisa
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:29 AM

Civilian
OCCUP:
Reporter
ALIGN:
Neutral Good
SPECIES:
Human

Carly Nagisa

It was so nice that Ronald had decided to play along. Some people got really grouchy when they got filmed, even though there had been a reporter on the scene for a while. She was here, lugging all this equipment around with her, so it made sense that she was going to do some filming, right? That was one of the reasons why they hired her - to record their expedition, as well as whatever they found.

"We're supposed to be heading down that corridor next to uncover its secrets," Carly then added, pointing the camera towards where everyone else was getting ready to go. "But we still have a few minutes left in this spot. Maybe Mister Knox will notice something that the crew has somehow missed!" It was possible that they've missed something around here. With all the other discoveries, they might've overlooked an artifact.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight
F/BC

OHaV