OCCUP:
Alchemist
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Alex Louis Armstrong
© Jessica // CURRENTLY Offline

Now, this was a place that Major Alex Louis Armstrong had never been before!

He was here with the Briggs' cartographer. The pair of them were going to try and map out some of the terrain of Phoenicis. The people who lived here - if he understand what he had been told by the captain of the ship that brought them here, they were called laguz and were even more specifically hawk laguz - had not had many maps, if any at all. Seeing as they were able to easily fly over the treacherous terrain of their homeland as well as see long distances, maps were probably not needed for them.

The soldiers of Briggs had thought otherwise. It had been nearly beaten into their heads (metaphorically, of course) that having as much information as they could possibly have was the best course of action. And, that metaphorical beating was the result of his sister's teachings, no doubt.

Armstrong wasn't there with just the cartographer. There were five other men with them, and each of them wore a pack on their back, Armstrong included. It had some supplies that would see them through for a few days. They were going to try and map out part of the island over the course of the next few days. They would have to return at a later day to continue onward. Armstrong wasn't sure if he would be part of those expeditions, but he had grown tired of being unused at the fort, so he had signed up for this one.

"Do we have everything?" Armstrong asked. He had been settling his pack on his shoulders, thinking that he would maybe be capable of carrying more if it was needed.

"I believe so," one of the soldiers replied.

"Let's go then."

Armstrong didn't set the pace. He knew whatever pace he would be moving at would be far too much for the other soldiers. It wasn't an insult to them; it was just a known fact that Armstrongs were built more durable than your regular soldier. Even a Briggs soldier, though they were often hardier than than regular soldiers as well.

Twenty minutes later, the path had led them away from the docks. They stopped here first, as the cartographer stopped to draw into his map what they had already seen.

Armstrong didn't take his pack off, but he strolled farther ahead - not too far, though - to see if there was anything of interest to see up there.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 08:05 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Composer
ALIGN:
Lawful Neutral
SPECIES:
Demigod

Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
© Icey // CURRENTLY Offline

Seeing as hawks generally found their ideal homes on cliffs and on mountains, Joshua wasn't at all surprised to see that a place inhabited by hawk laguz, whatever they were, had a rough, mountainous terrain. It was disappointing, though. Had he known it was just a race of hawk-winged people, he wouldn't have bothered coming here. All he heard about this place was that there were people with wings and had been curious if they were Reapers. He was mistaken, however, but he was never one to waste a trip. He'd find something to occupy himself

As if on cue, a group came into view. Currently his wings were out and visible, sparkling white behind him. They clearly were not hawk wings, but somehow he felt that someone unfamiliar with the subtleties of different bird wing styles and patterns wouldn't be able to catch that. He'd probably have to correct anyone thinking he was a native because he certainly was not going to do any gross hiking today just to hide the fact he was dead from people. As the Composer, he really didn't care what others thought, and being a Kiryu- a snooty rich kid- he was notoriously lazy.

Joshua couldn't help a less than dignified, but highly amused snort of laughter when he noticed the one separating from the group. If the comically large muscles weren't enough, he only seemed to have a little curl of blond hair on his head, and then a large mustache. There was just something off about his appearance overall that made him more funny than menacing as someone with such bulging muscles probably should be.

"Why all the muscles, got someone to impress?" Joshua hummed, legitimately curious. He assumed that he could also just be some sort of body builder who wants to look like he has difficulty moving due to how massive his muscles are. Honestly Joshua was glad his dearest Neku wasn't like that. The demigod truthfully found huge muscles like that a little repulsive, but then again he was biased.

--------------------
user posted image
Team:user posted image
PM
^
Alex Louis Armstrong
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 03:55 PM

Soldier
OCCUP:
Alchemist
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Alex Louis Armstrong

The terrain here wasn't quite like what one would find in Amestris. There were many more trees in Amestris than this, and most of the most extreme of the mountains were farther north where they were covered in snow. Of course, there were similar mountains there, but nothing quite like these ones. Armstrong would have liked the time to scale his way up the steepest of slopes these mountains had. It would have been quite the enjoyable workout for him!

Someone came into view, and Armstrong gave pause. It was a scrawny boy - oh, who was feeding this kid? He had no meat on his bones to the point that Armstrong was almost afraid that a strong wind might just pick him up and blow him away - who had wings. Armstrong could tell they weren't laguz wings. Armstrong had studied enough on his way here to know the difference and his memory was better than most. It was in his nature as an member of the Armstrong family.

"My muscles?" he asked, surprised by the sudden statement. That wasn't something someone normally said to him. They were kind impressive to look at, and they weren't just for show. Armstrong was one of the strongest to walk the streets of his nation, and the muscles that graced his glorious body were those that were passed down from through the illustrious Armstrong family.

He was ready to burst such words out, but he remembered what he and his soldiers had agreed on - they weren't here to start a scene or cause a disruption. They wouldn't be able to get their work done if they did that. He would have to keep himself calm.

It might have been surprising, but he was still able to do that.

"They are a family trait," he answered. More or less, though not everyone in his family possessed them. Only two of his four sisters had them. "And, they are quite needed for the alchemy I perform. A weak body cannot handle my style of alchemy." He resisted the urge to flex his muscles to showcase them, as he needed his coat if they were to make it up the higher mountains were the air was no doubt thinner and colder.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 08:23 PM

Official
OCCUP:
Composer
ALIGN:
Lawful Neutral
SPECIES:
Demigod

Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu

A family trait?

In all of his years, Joshua had yet to hear that one. Where he was from, it was generally accepted that how muscular a person is is decided by their experiences and how they grow up rather than by genetics, which brings up the nature vs nurture argument which Joshua really didn't care enough to hash out with this guy. If he saw it as a family trait, then he could have his delusion that his god-awful looking condition there wasn't something he brought onto himself.

A more interesting topic was broached, however, causing the demigod to raise an eyebrow, "Alchemy? My world had alchemists in the past, but I imagine it worked quite differently from what you do... considering they were all thought of as crazy." A condescending smile crossed his face, the fake one he always used when putting on airs for people he didn't know. He was admittedly curious as to what kind of alchemy requires such bulbous muscles. it must have something to do with strength, he was sure, but what it could be? not a clue. That wasn't how he knew of alchemy, and it didn't quite make sense to him.

Of course his entire existence shouldn't make sense, and if he tried to explain it to someone, they probably wouldn't quite understand it either. He assumed that there was just going to be things that he didn't and wouldn't ever fully understand because he wasn't from that world. That just seemed to be how things worked.

At least he was willing to learn.

"How exactly does your form of alchemy work? Ours mainly focused on trying to turn simple metals into gold or create an elixir of eternal life, none of which actually worked."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alex Louis Armstrong
 Posted: Jul 2 2017, 06:08 PM

Soldier
OCCUP:
Alchemist
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Alex Louis Armstrong

This boy...

The way this boy spoke - and the look he got on his face - hurt Armstrong's warm and large heart. Armstrong was a noble-born and the bluest of bloods flowed in his extraordinary veins. As such, he had grown up around a lot of other boys who had been raised by other rich families. None of them had the same loving upbringing he did. And, in this boy, he saw that same condescending attitude that had been born of someone who hadn't been given proper affection in their youth.

How sad, to be so young and to already have such a poor manner! It was almost too much for Armstrong to bare!

In fact, he wasn't quite able to bare it properly. He let his emotions get the better of him in this situation.

He had heard his comments on alchemy, but he ignored answering them because he had better plans for their time together.

Armstrong was to Joshua, quicker than one would have expected a man of his size to move, and he had the teen up in his arms in an extraordinary hug filled with the love and affection he seemed to not have ever received as a child.

"Oh, young one! I will teach you all about alchemy!" It was the one gift Armstrong could give to the world to make it a better place because that was his skill. Sure, he was good at so many things, but alchemy was something he was better at than most people.

With the boy secure in his arms - in a patented Armstrong hug at that - he started back down the pathway towards the rest of his soldiers so they could continue on their trek for the mission they had been given. The boy would accompany them, of course, and Armstrong would teach him about the great alchemy that had been passed down through the Armstrong family for generations.

There might have been a single tear from here; this was a worthy situation for tears. Meeting new comrades was a great time for tears!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
 Posted: Jul 5 2017, 09:47 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Composer
ALIGN:
Lawful Neutral
SPECIES:
Demigod

Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu

One moment he was standing around minding his own business, and the next he was being squished up against a very muscular chest and despising every minute of it. His reaction was immediate panic, squirming at first in an attempt to be rid of his confinement, but quickly realizing his bindings weren't budging in the least. The last time he'd been caught in an embrace like this it had been the hold of a Circle Pit Grizzly that had been about to attempt tearing him apart with it's claws. While Armstrong didn't appear to have claws at present, the physical contact was still less than welcomed.

Armstrong spoke then, exclaiming about how he would teach him all about alchemy. Had his mild interest in the differences between their worlds really caused this type of reaction from the much larger man? Ugh, now he regretted asking, and he couldn't even reach his phone to text anyone about this unfortunate turn of events. Somehow he felt that Rhyme would get a kick out of hearing that the mighty Composer of Shibuya was being restrained by some random buff alchemist.

Muscles were so gross, and it was highly uncomfortable for him, a veritable twig, to be pressed against them like he was. All he could be thankful for is that the man was wearing a shirt and it wasn't sweaty. In the strong hold, his wings hurt from being squeezed- he also hated how the man's arms felt against the feathers, so he lowered his vibe to hide them.

Where exactly are we going?
Joshua asked, maneuvering so that his arms separated him from the man's chest. Just enough distance for him to be able to speak without being crushed against the bulging muscles beneath the man's clothing. It was then that Joshua noticed the single tear and came to the conclusion that this man was a special kind of strange.

With a huff, Joshua resigned himself to the fact that while he had certainly gotten himself involved in something that was more entertaining than sitting around, it was definitely not what he'd expected. Seeing as it appears I'm stuck here, I may as well give my name. I am Yoshiya Kiryu.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alex Louis Armstrong
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 04:28 PM

Soldier
OCCUP:
Alchemist
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Alex Louis Armstrong

Armstrong thought for a moment that the boy had tried to push away from him, but he knew it wasn't possible. The push had been so weak and barely noticeable. In fact, if Armstrong was not in possession of such superior senses, he would have never even noticed such a soft touch. Because he couldn't possibly imagine a boy being so dainty - he was not considering the fact that he was much larger and much stronger than an average man, let alone an average teenage boy as he did not normally think in averages - he assumed he had simply been bitten by a gnat.

Armstrong, of course, was not bothered by bug bites. It was in the nature of bugs to do such things, and they did not mean any harm. He was much too strong he be harmed by a small, simple thing like a bug bite, and so he was not the type to consistently swat them away. They may manage to leave a mark on his flawless skin, but it would heal quickly enough.

He made quick work of making his way back to his soldiers, who stared at him and the boy. The boy had wings, which must have looked unusual to them. Some of them hadn't gotten out from Briggs very often. He thought he heard one of them mutter, "Did he just kidnap a kid?" but Armstrong was pretty sure he must have just been hearing things. An Armstrong would never stoop so low!

He hoped. Sometimes, he thought his sister might do it, if she found it to be the quickest and most efficient route. He hoped not, though. Olivier could be... more pragmatic than he would have liked most of the time.

"We are off to investigate the island of Phoenicis to map it out," Armstrong said, answering the boy's question. Curiosity was such a good trait in the young! At least, he had something that was good and healthy about him! Armstrong would make sure that he was able to develop more good and proper traits so he wouldn't grow up to be so small in all senses of the word.

Very carefully, he set the boy on his feet. Yoshiya? What a good name!

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Yoshiya!" The name was foreign to him and not something someone in Amestris would have sported. But, it was still good, nonetheless. He saluted Yoshiya, as was custom to him. "I am Major Alex Louis Armstrong of the Amestris Military, and this are my fellow soldiers from Briggs."

"If there's no more delays, Major," one of the soldiers - the cartographer - said, "we should get going."

"Yes, let's," Armstrong agreed. "Come, Yoshiya, I will explain alchemy to you as we hike this glorious country." His soldiers had started moving, so Armstrong followed along.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 08:53 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Composer
ALIGN:
Lawful Neutral
SPECIES:
Demigod

Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu

Did he have a choice? No, it didn't appear so.

Wait did he expect him to hike? Oh, that was definitely not happening. Joshua wrinkled his nose in distaste as he began to levitate, I don't exactly do the sweating thing. He informed. At least he wasn't beingcrushed anymore, that was a good thing. Crossing his arms, the boy followed the alchemist, a curious expression taking over the previously disgruntled one.

Armstrong? Oh, I know you. Rhyme told me that she'd made friends here. Somehow he hadn't expected Rhyme to make a friend with such questionable taste, but oh well. From what he'd seen the places here didn't have too many places with as great fashion as Shibuya had to offer. Then again she might not have been given a choice, much like himself. Taking out his bright orange cellphone, Josh texted his friend, simply floating along beside Armstrong.

Well, what I expected to find here wasn't around, so I might as well accompany you... However it seems as though you have more than enough company. certainly more than Joshua had ever kept. He only ever talked to two people prior to this fiasco. Even then, with the addition of his new friends, five was much less than the amount of soldiers here. I can get an aerial view, perhaps I can be of assistance.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alex Louis Armstrong
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 02:41 PM

Soldier
OCCUP:
Alchemist
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Alex Louis Armstrong

It was such a beautiful day for a stroll out! Armstrong was quite pleased that they were able to pick up yet someone else to journey with them, even though a quick glance over his shoulder showed that Yoshiya was levitating as opposed to actually walking. That must have explained why he was so skinny and why he lacked any proper muscle on him. Some of the youth of this world just didn't understand how unhealthy it was!

It was fine, though! One day, Yoshiya would figure that out! He had an Armstrong to help him out after all!

Armstrong was surprised to hear that Yoshiya actually knew someone that the Major also knew. He was even more surprised to learn that it was Rhyme. Upon closer inspection, Armstrong was able to see that Yoshiya's attire was not all that different than Rhyme's own. Perhaps they had come from the same spot.

"You must be from the same world, then," Armstrong said to Yoshiya. "That's good to know. Rhyme is a sweet girl. It's good for her to find people from her own world." People were able to cope just fine in this world without it if they were able to socialize, and Rhyme had been doing just fine. She had people like Armstrong himself to defend her. Even so, it was always nice to have old friends in a new place.

Before he was able to answer Yoshiya's question, the cartographer piped up, "An aerial view would be nice since I can't go up there. It'll help me figure out how large mountains should be."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 09:05 AM

Official
OCCUP:
Composer
ALIGN:
Lawful Neutral
SPECIES:
Demigod

Yoshiya "Joshua" Kiryu

Joshua gave a simple nod in response to Armstrong's observation that they were from the same world, "Well, yes. We are. I'm the demigod in charge of the area she lived in." Well demigod was the simpler way of explaining what he was. He doubted Composer had the same connotation without a lot of explanation, and he wasn't in the mood to explain his game just yet.

"I knew her brother and a couple of her friends. It's a rather long story." And full of treachery on both sides. It wasn't something he liked thinking about, particularly considering his best friend had tried killing him.

With a glance to the cartographer, he nodded somewhat dismissively, "Just say when and which mountain," he wasn't much for being told what to do, but he figured he could indulge them for the moment until he got bored of talking to the muscle man. Apparently he was fond of Rhyme, and he could understand that. She was a likeable kid, even by his standards, and he didn't really like anyone.

"Well, here's hoping the rest of the group end up here eventually. She'd enjoy their company."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alex Louis Armstrong
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 03:49 PM

Soldier
OCCUP:
Alchemist
ALIGN:
Lawful Good
SPECIES:
Human

Alex Louis Armstrong

Armstrong nodded along with Yoshiya's explanations, though he was uncertain over the demigod statement. In Amestris, religion wasn't a big deal. He himself was an atheist and had rarely ever dealt with anyone who believed in gods and similar beings. He was sure that demigods were different than the likes of Leto, who had been worshiped in a town in Amestris, but he still didn't like the idea of someone having that sort of power over a group of people.

He had had poor experiences with people who had thought of themselves as god-like beings. Everyone he knew had been targeted as sacrifices for one such being. They had put an end to the man who had tried to destroy all of Amestris in a giant transmutation circle, murdering millions and millions of people for a cause that he thought he righteous. He hoped that Yoshiya's brand of demigod was a little different than that.

The cartographer requested they stopped so he could indicate mountains out to Yoshiya, so they did. Armstrong took a look around the trail they were on. It was partially blocked by debris. A recent rock slide perhaps?

"Major, we're going to have to go that way," the cartographer said as he set his stuff down to start mapping. He relayed what he needed to Yoshiya as Armstrong stepped away from the group, looking at the rocks in their path.

"This one is easy," he murmured to himself before he tapped this fists together and lowered them to the ground. What looked like a shock of electricity went from his fists to the rocks. They sparked for a moment, and then they were no more than dust drifting through the air to the ground, no rocks in sight.

An easy transmutation. He wondered if he would need to put more effort into it down the road.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN BY WHAT KATY DID @ SHINE. CFS BY BLACK, CODE TAG BY JAWN, CBOX TOGGLE BY KISMET.

Affiliates

RPG-D Endless Fight The Games
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Simple and Clean DW

OHaV